Liverpool v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Re: Liverpool v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Gurj »

1964white wrote:I was blown away by it Gurj, reminded me of the Madrid/Barcelona stadiums. Never seen that one previously with it being a new-build & I can't recall seeing it on the telly as the camera's are situated in that part of their stadium.

My god didn't we make a noise last night, unbelievable atmosphere :scarf1: :clap: :scarf2:
It was amazing Leon. Privilege to be there in that away end.

I have a couple of video's on my iphone of the singing but no idea how to upload them here. Anyone help ?
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote:It was amazing Leon. Privilege to be there in that away end.

I have a couple of video's on my iphone of the singing but no idea how to upload them here. Anyone help ?
ER doesn't come close to away days/nights like that anymore

Unfortunately I'm unsure how to upload from my phone :(
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

I was at the game on Tuesday, however, I wasn't in the away end. Where I was in the Liverpool end there were 3 Leeds fans in front of me and 2 behind me and another 3-4 a few rows in front of me. I wouldn't be surprised if there were about 10-15,000 Leeds fans at the game on Tuesday :lol:.
I have said this for years, however, we have the best away support in England in terms of numbers, loyalty and noise.
Would Man Utd or Liverpool take 7,000 to Bolton in the FA Cup despite both teams having poor seasons in the league like we did last season?
We deserved to win the game and I felt we were the better team, the Garry Monk song is superb as well
Garry GARRY Monk Gary GARRY Monk :shirt:
Player Ratings:
Silvestri 7- Great save in 1st half.
Berardi 8- 2 words: he's back :wink:
Bartley 8- Excellent again.
Cooper 9- Complemented Bartley very well in the first half.
Taylor 9- MOTM Mane did not get past Charlie once and Charlie got forward very well.
O'Kane 8- Did really well for the 30 minutes he played.
Viera 8- Excellent and continues to improve.
Sacko 6- One or or two bad decisions but an ok performance overall.
Roofe 9- Superb, second half was incredible still can't believe he didn't score :(.
Dallas 7- Did his job well and helped Charlie wasn't involved much in terms of going forward.
Doukara 6- Some good moments, much better in the second half.
Subs:
Phillips 8- Won virtually every tackle he had to make and was able to start a lot of counter attacks.
Ayling 6- Slightly at fault for the first goal, however, had an ok game at centre back.
Wood 7- Had a good impact on the game.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

becchio bear wrote:Yeah right, my estimation of him went right down when they scored and he leapt up from the subs bench and punched the air :evil: :bear:
It's not like he went out in front of the Leedssupporters and gave them the finger or something. He's a passionate football player, who just happens to be ex-Leeds.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

jindy30
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by jindy30 »

James MIlner is at Liverpool, end of story. The Liverpool fans did seem abit quiet but maybe its not such a big game to them, it was the League cup Quarter final. I didn't feel like the players saw it that way though. It was the perfect test of the players and the manager, and if its true what Gary Monk said "We want to try and make this a regular fixture and if we can keep focused on what we're doing then hopefully we can be successful." we should be really ready for aston villa on Saturday. Great news about Pablo Hernadez possibly signing to extend his contract till the end of the season. He definitely would have had a lot to add to the team that was out there against Liverpool and if we play like that every week i am sure his game with also improve.

Roofe was eye opening last night, He seemed to find good space and has a quick mind. However like any good goalscorer they need the service which it not the same service Chris woods likes. So can they play together. i think people see him as playing behind the striker. He is dangerous in that area just outside the 18 years box.

One last thing, i think the whole team tried harder because of the occasion. That means a lot, and i hope they realize that.

Peace JJ
jindy30
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by jindy30 »

Sorry i didn't really mean trying, just working harder on the pitch.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

:shirt: :shirt: :shirt:

Let's keep that sort of commitment for Villa on Saturday evening

MOT
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......