Leeds v Aston Villa - Team-Reports-Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds v Aston Villa - Team-Reports-Ratings

Post by weasel »

becchio bear wrote:Sorry faaip, don't usually comment on these kind of things but just have to. Giving lumpa a 7 alongside Sacko and Roofe is just not on. Roofe scored a brilliant goal :-D Sacko was great and his fantastic run from the half way line with an attempt on goal to be toed in by lumpa was immense. Shame it didn't go in from Sacko tbh. Lumpa was just lucky. :bear:
If Wood hadn't also made a run we wouldn't have got the second goal as the ball had almost stopped and the defender would have cleared it. Strikers are judged on the amount of goals they score rather than work rate, quality of goals (as opposed to quantity) etc and Wood has once again got on the score sheet.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Re: Leeds v Aston Villa - Team-Reports-Ratin

Post by paddy parrott »

Well said Weasel mate .A team game needs someone at end of an attack. Chris Wood is what he is a decent Striker and yes he is frustrating to watch ... But goals is his business and well all agree Chris Wood is ours and good luck to him.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

great run from sacko at the end but why the hell did he not just square it to wood to tap into an open net!? Almost wanted him to miss for being so stupidly greedy!
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

There was something happening on the pitch that had both Bruce and Monk giggling.
The TV cameras refused to pick it up and the commentators refuse to offend our
sensitive ears by telling us what was going on.

Can someone who was at the match fill us in.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I didn't really score Wood for the goal maybe half a point but if he wasn't there it should have been cleared. Roofe was quieter than he might have been but yes great finish after Duke had done all the hard work. Wood heading is still appalling, a couple of poor passes and I'm not saying for a minute he's the answer at number 9 but some good close control today at times. I basically gave him one mark up. Roofe maybe should be an 8

Vierra and Taylor (how much class does Taylor have?) were my stand out today. Interesting Phillips got the game ball because I hardly noticed him whereas Vierra looked class today. ( I did lose the stream twice for about 60 seconds each time so if anyone did anything really bad or well and I missed it then apologies)

Bartley and Jansson were both excellent, Bartley had one cracking cross field long ball to Taylor which was sweet. Ayling was poor in comparison with a few passes going awry and played Phillips into trouble leading to his booking

Sacko I thought was poor once he got in position to cause trouble, Roofe quiet at times and Dook tries to do the difficult too often, when it pays off though it can cause havoc
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

faaip wrote:seven
Oops :oops:
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I did it again?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote:Ross is in the stand with his son, who has a Leeds top on :-D
He was one of the Leeds mascots & predicted Leeds to win 2-1 :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Green - 7
Ayling - 5
Bartley - 8
Jansson - 8
Taylor - 9
Sacko - 7
Phillips - 8
Vierra - 9
Roofe - 7
Doukara - 7
Wood - 7

Dallas - 7
Mowatt - 7
Ayling played well
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

For sure thought this had draw all over it, but good second half by everyone. Sacko was giving Amavi complete fits. Not playing great again, but clearly is a class above most of the defenders he comes up against. Jansson looked winded about 2/3 the way through, maybe still recovering from sickness that he has earlier in the week? Seemed to find a second wind toward the end.

Another clean sheet in the league. Win at home against one of the hottest sides. And while not looking great, did just enough to complete a confident win at the end. Fourth place in the league? I think I'm getting a nosebleed.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

rab_rant wrote:There was something happening on the pitch that had both Bruce and Monk giggling.
The TV cameras refused to pick it up and the commentators refuse to offend our
sensitive ears by telling us what was going on.

Can someone who was at the match fill us in.
Streaker. :roflmao:

Ayling put the tackle on him. His best of the day. :lol:
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote:Ayling played well

We watched a different game
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

faaip wrote:We watched a different game
Pat who attended the game texted me to say Ayling was her MOTM... clearly you watched a different game ... :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I thought Ayling had a decent game too, better at right back than centreback. Would still prefer Berardi back but can understand Monk keeping a settled back 4.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

thought ayling played pretty much as well as any other in defence - seems a solid addition - feel sorry for berardi who won't get a look in now all season without an injury (apart from CT going forward, who is on another level)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Green 7
Ayling 8
Bartley 7
Jansson 7
Taylor 8
Vieira 9
Phillips 9
Sacko 8
Roofe 7
Doukara 7
Wood 7

Fantastic grafting second half performance, full of grit, determination & a fighting spirit to win 

How good are Vieira & Phillips :lol: both of them awesome again today particularly after their exertions on Tuesday night
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Yes can't disagree '64 thought they did very well mate. For me their exuberance shone through and put in the shift too. Although the are young and lacking in one or two areas to their game. Naive so to speak,giving back the ball easily and Phillips does lack in set pieces and is still learning.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

1964white wrote:Ayling played well
So well he was my MOTM. Taylor had a good game but got himself in trouble with his reluctance to use his right foot and nearly had a mix up with Green early on.
Overall it's nice to see the whole team chase every ball and track every player, the passion and desire to win are clear and team spirit is as good as I've seen in any previous Leeds side.
Started the day 5th in the table, went down to 9th at 5pm then finished off in 4th shows how tight it is in the Championship. Two biggies coming up at Brighton and home to Reading, 4 or 6 points would do nicely.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Highlights of Villa game.
Keep you eye on Jannson I think he was at fault for a couple of their chances.
I thought he was a bit free and loose with his attitude... especially kneeing the
ball back to Green,
But Roofe showed courage and determination to score his goal. It was a beauty.
And Sacko was a powerhouse for that last goal just look at how many times the defender
tried to pull him back with no success.

becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Can't watch your vid Rab, been blocked by Channel 5 :roll: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.