Fulham v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Fulham v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by Cjay »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:05 pm You had a recount there mate :lol:
Yes :lol:

I'd posted the same thing on another forum and counted it in my head :oops:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

thought it was a decent performance from the 2/3 of the game I watched - fulham a bit lucky to win imo though probably edged it with the chances they had at the start of the game
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I just don't get the team selection and then use of subs. If Lasogga is likely to be a Leeds player next season then he should be starting but presumably he isn't which is why Ekuban started. But if that is the case then why replace Ekuban with Lasogga if the idea is to see whether Ekuban is good enough. And if the selection is being based on having a look to see if a player (Ekuban) is good enough for next season then surely Pearce should be playing at left back as Berardi and Dallas are not the answer there so we would be better to see if Pearce is good enough. It just seems like completely muddled thinking.

As for the game a decent second half performance but same story that we could have been 3 or 4 goals down before we got into the match. Certainly a positive that we played some good football at times in the second half but we already know these players are capable of playing good football so no new positives for me and would prefer to have seen 2 or 3 more youngsters starting or at the least on the bench and given minutes.
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

Just got back in. Took my two girls along (the little un's first game).

Not much to say really. We have forwards who can't score and two top class attacking midfielders that look utterly frustrated with everything and everyone around them. I'll be stunned beyond words if they're still here after September 1st.

Radz has the summer to pull his finger out of his arse and get this right.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

Comfortable win for Fulham who didn't have to be at their best, if you're trying to take any positives from that then you're clutching at straws.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

HarryofOz wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:31 pm We need something between a red and a yellow. Not a red because he wasn't the last defender and a yellow not sufficient as it was a deliberate calculated professional foul. Maybe we need a sin bin (10 mins) for a foul like that.
Could work Harry but I would suggest a rainbow coloured card and
an exchange of football boots for ballet shoes an a lovely little pink fru-fru
for the rest of the game.

Wait... don't our players play as though they were in that outfit already?
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

faaip wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:48 pm Not looking for results right now but performances and that was a good one away against one of the best teams in the division ...
A defeat is still a defeat no matter what gloss you like to put on it.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

rab_rant wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:47 am Could work Harry but I would suggest a rainbow coloured card and
an exchange of football boots for ballet shoes an a lovely little pink fru-fru
for the rest of the game.

Wait... don't our players play as though they were in that outfit already?
:rol:
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Durly wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:29 pm Just got back in. Took my two girls along (the little un's first game).

Not much to say really. We have forwards who can't score and two top class attacking midfielders that look utterly frustrated with everything and everyone around them. I'll be stunned beyond words if they're still here after September 1st.

Radz has the summer to pull his finger out of his arse and get this right.
Very true, you can sense that Pablo and Saiz are getting more and more agitated at the lack of quality around them. I shudder to think what will happen if we lose these guys. As you can bet your last pound, they wont be replaced by real like for like quality as its clear Radz just doesnt have the dough !!
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

I went down to Fulham last year, and I know we didn't win last night, but the performance for an hour was far better than Monk's team managed last season, where we were battered for the whole game, but managed to scrape a draw.

BPF - 6 Couple of decent saves, but maybe he could have done better with the goals. Kicking good.
Dallas - 5 Gave Sessegnon and Targett all the space in the world 1st half, improved 2nd half, although should have been booked for the dive.
Jansson - 5 Was bossed by Mitrovic all night, and was targetted (impeded) at every free kick and corner that Fulham had.
Pennington - 6 Fairly solid, nothing special.
Berardi - 7 Best of our defenders, stuck to the task well.
O’Kane - 2 Couple of usual sloppy errors before getting injured. No coincidence that we improved as a team once he went off.
Vieira - 8 Is the Vieira of last season finally back. A beast in the midfield.
Alioski - 6 Had lumps kicked out of him, but kept coming back for more.
Saiz - 6 Anonymous 1st half, but featured more second half. Pass of the night for Grot's miss.
Hernandez - 6 Hit and miss, but always likely to do something special.
Ekuban - 5 Needs sessions on how to finish one on one's.

Phillips - 8 Turned the game when he came on. Him and Vieira bossed the Fulham midfield for long spells.
Lasogga - 6 One good run when assaulted by Johansen, but otherwise quiet.
Grot - 5 Added a physical prescence, but deary me, that missed header.

Heck - 6 Sorted them out at half time, but we still are slow coming out of the blocks.

Referee - 3 Johansen and possibly McDonald should have been red carded for fouls on Lasogga and Alioski. Missed every foul on Jansson on their set pieces.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

It was an expected result and on the positive side it wasn’t 4 or 5. We did create chances and better strikers would have put them away as everyone is aware. What frustrates me is our lack of awareness as to where our opposition are and the players seem to look at one another as if to say “was that my man or yours”. Similarly when we do break forward we can have a player in acres of space but never find him due to most of our team having blinkered vision. Roll on the end of the season then we can all watch the World Cup and dream about which players we”ll sign!!! ;-)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Gandalf wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:51 am I went down to Fulham last year, and I know we didn't win last night, but the performance for an hour was far better than Monk's team managed last season, where we were battered for the whole game, but managed to scrape a draw.

BPF - 6 Couple of decent saves, but maybe he could have done better with the goals. Kicking good.
Dallas - 5 Gave Sessegnon and Targett all the space in the world 1st half, improved 2nd half, although should have been booked for the dive.
Jansson - 5 Was bossed by Mitrovic all night, and was targetted (impeded) at every free kick and corner that Fulham had.
Pennington - 6 Fairly solid, nothing special.
Berardi - 7 Best of our defenders, stuck to the task well.
O’Kane - 2 Couple of usual sloppy errors before getting injured. No coincidence that we improved as a team once he went off.
Vieira - 8 Is the Vieira of last season finally back. A beast in the midfield.
Alioski - 6 Had lumps kicked out of him, but kept coming back for more.
Saiz - 6 Anonymous 1st half, but featured more second half. Pass of the night for Grot's miss.
Hernandez - 6 Hit and miss, but always likely to do something special.
Ekuban - 5 Needs sessions on how to finish one on one's.

Phillips - 8 Turned the game when he came on. Him and Vieira bossed the Fulham midfield for long spells.
Lasogga - 6 One good run when assaulted by Johansen, but otherwise quiet.
Grot - 5 Added a physical prescence, but deary me, that missed header.

Heck - 6 Sorted them out at half time, but we still are slow coming out of the blocks.

Referee - 3 Johansen and possibly McDonald should have been red carded for fouls on Lasogga and Alioski. Missed every foul on Jansson on their set pieces.
Wasn't going to comment on this thread again but that's one of the best summaries I've read in a long time. We're missing rationality here at the moment...even me at times
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Gandalf wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:51 am I went down to Fulham last year, and I know we didn't win last night, but the performance for an hour was far better than Monk's team managed last season, where we were battered for the whole game, but managed to scrape a draw.
The major difference though is that last season we scored in the 5th minute which meant that Fulham had to throw everything at us as they knew that if they had lost to us then effectively their season was over as the gap would have been 8 points between us. As such we were happy to try and sit back and soak up pressure and try to protect our lead and hit Fulham on the break.

It nearly worked last year as we had a team that was put together to be able to defend well but we can't try to do that with the players we have now. It showed in the second half this season that when we actually tried to play football, instead of defend and hoofball, that we do actually have some decent players - but only if we play to our strengths.

Poor tactics last night and we only got going in the second half after we had failed miserably in the first half and only improved as a midfield after the injury forced the substitution and gave us more bite in midfield.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lucky to make it to Woodall Services as there was an horrendous road accident on the M62 at Howden yesterday morning with a lorry carrying a mobile home crashing into the central reservation into oncoming traffic sadly ending up with a fatality causing absolute mayhem. Still closed at 3am so diversions both ways made it an even longer day. Just to make it a more daunting journey the MI was closed in Leicestershire :(

Positives

Better performance than last season when we were battered & got lucky to come away with a point
The form of Vieira & Phillips
Beaten by a far better outfit
Our fans were fantastic, amazing support/atmosphere

Negatives

Another slow start
We created chances my granny could have scored, they signed Mitrovic in January who has netted ten goals in eleven games. We signed Ekuban & Grot to replace our 30 goal striker
Defence was all over the place as the Cottagers cut through us like a knife through butter
We are a poor team generally, so many lightweight players
Another two players injured taking it's toll to nine players in the treatment room now
Officials gave us nothing
Our best players in the squad Pontus, Samu & Pablo looked very frustrated as they trudge off the pitch at the end

6 Peacock-Farrell - 6 Couple of decent saves, feel sorry for the young lad
5 Dallas - 5 Gave Sessegnon and Targett so much space, at times marking 50 yards away, got done so many times
5 Jansson - Sad to say Fullham forwards were to clever for him
5 Pennington - A sticky toffee
6 Berardi - the usual endeavour from Gaetano
1 O’Kane - We improved when KP replaced him, hopefully he's out for the season.
7 Vieira - getting back to his best
4 Alioski - kicked out of the game, too lightweight
6 Saiz - Improved as the game went on, two wonderful passes in the 2nd half, the ball creating an open goal for Grot was a peach
6 Hernandez - Desperately tried to drag us back into the game
2 Ekuban - Not an instinctive striker, cost us the game in the end & he knew it on his knees with his head in hands as Fulham broke away with ease & Mitrovic showed him how the job his done !

7 Phillips - Turned the game when he came on. Him and Vieira bossed the Fulham midfield particularly in the 2nd half
4 Lasogga - one decent run when cynically chopped down
3 Grot - Miss of the season as he headed the ball into the Leeds end.
Another hands on heads for our fans

6 Heck - Sorted out the problems at half-time, played some nice football in the 2nd half. A lost cause for him with this squad of players, we are simply not good enough

3 Referee/Linesmen - gave us nothing & was very generous to the Fulham boys
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:21 pm Lucky to make it to Woodall Services as there was an horrendous road accident on the M62 at Howden yesterday morning with a lorry carrying a mobile home crashing into the central reservation into oncoming traffic sadly ending up with a fatality causing absolute mayhem. Still closed at 3am so diversions both ways made it an even longer day. Just to make it a more daunting journey the MI was closed in Leicestershire :(

Positives

Better performance than last season when we were battered & got lucky to come away with a point

Negatives

Another slow start
We created chances my granny could have scored, they signed Mitrovic in January who has netted ten goals in eleven games. We signed Ekuban & Grot to replace our 30 goal striker
Defence was all over the place as the Cottagers cut through us like a knife through butter
We are a poor team generally, so many lightweight players
Another two players injured taking it's toll to nine players in the treatment room now
Officials gave us nothing
Our best players in the squad Pontus, Samu & Pablo looked very frustrated as they trudge off the pitch at the end

6 Peacock-Farrell - 6 Couple of decent saves, feel sorry for the young lad
5 Dallas - 5 Gave Sessegnon and Targett so much space, at times marking 50 yards away, got done so many times
5 Jansson - Sad to say Fullham forwards were to clever for him
5 Pennington - A sticky toffee
6 Berardi - the usual endeavour from Gaetano
1 O’Kane - We improved when KP replaced him, hopefully he's out for the season.
7 Vieira - getting back to his best
4 Alioski - kicked out of the game, too lightweight
6 Saiz - Improved as the game went on, two wonderful passes in the 2nd half, the ball creating an open goal for Grot was a peach
6 Hernandez - Desperately tried to drag us back into the game
2 Ekuban - Not an instinctive striker, cost us the game in the end & he knew it on his knees with his head in hands as Fulham broke away with ease & Mitrovic showed him how the job his done !

7 Phillips - Turned the game when he came on. Him and Vieira bossed the Fulham midfield particularly in the 2nd half
4 Lasogga - one decent run when cynically chopped down
3 Grot - Miss of the season as he headed the ball into the Leeds end.
Another hands on heads for our fans

6 Heck - Sorted out the problems at half-time, played some nice football in the 2nd half. A lost cause for him with this squad of players, we are simply not good enough

3 Referee/Linesmen - gave us nothing & was very generous to the Fulham boys
Sad news about the death :(

Agree with the ratings.

The defence on paper is as poor as it was on the pitch.

A winger playing right back, right back playing left back and a weak loanee playing in front of a kid.

You dont expect to stop Cairney, Sessegnon, Mitrovic and co with that.

And Jansson as an individual was bullied by Mitrovic and got his obligatory card for mouthing off.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:15 pm Sad news about the death :(
Puts things in perspective Cjay

One man killed & two others with life-threatening injuries

If the lorry driver was prating about on his phone or the accident was caused by careless driving he needs jailing. So close to home for me as my cousin's lovely wife was killed by a foreign lorry driver two years ago
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-04-04 at 14.42.39.png
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:21 pm Positives

Like I said in my reply to Faiip the performance last season is immaterial in comparison to this season as our early goal last season dictated the way we played with us happy to try to hang on to the 1-0 lead from our 5th minute goal. Very nearly worked with Fulha only creating a couple of decent opportunities, Leeds missing a great chance to go 2-0up and Fulham's equaliser being in the 5th minute of extra time.

The form of RV and KP is good and needed as they are our only central midfielders available now with Forshaw and O'Kane being injured. Makes you wonder why O'Kane keeps getting selected ahead of these 2....

How on earth is being beaten by a better outfit a positive? Let's arrange a friendly with Man City get thrashed 10-0 and have a fricking party.

Sounded like a good atmosphere, probably made better because of the ground being compact. I can't help but feel that the atmosphere at ER would be improved by the stadium not being a mismatch of stands that allows the noise to disappate through the gaps rather than rebounding round the stadium.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:48 pm Puts things in perspective Cjay

One man killed & two others with life-threatening injuries

If the lorry driver was prating about on his phone or the accident was caused by careless driving he needs jailing. So close to home for me as my cousin's lovely wife was killed by a foreign lorry driver two years ago
Im sorry about your cousins wife :(

Hope the 2 injured parties make a full recovery.

Very sad when its careless behavior that leads to loss of life :cry:
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:26 pm The form of RV and KP is good and needed as they are our only central midfielders available now with Forshaw and O'Kane being injured. Makes you wonder why O'Kane keeps getting selected ahead of these 2....
Because Vieira & Phillips had totally lost their form, both have obviously benefited from their break. Positives are Hernandez, KP & Ronaldo have all improved by using them sparingly under Hecky
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:33 pm Im sorry about your cousins wife :(

Hope the 2 injured parties make a full recovery.

Very sad when its careless behavior that leads to loss of life :cry:
Thanks Cjay, it was horrible time for our family/relatives. My cousin has never got over his loss, still heartbroken. He himself is a lorry driver but has given up his job because of the dangers on the road & the tragic circumstances that still haunts him !