Preston v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Brader
First Team
First Team

Re: Preston v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by Brader »

Looks to me like hecky is sizing up who’s staying and who’s going at the moment. It’s the only way you can justify the U23s in there and dropping the better lads. I wonder if he’s been told he’s been given the summer regardless of results.

Also - not a popular thing to do I know. But I’ve been sticking a tenner on Leeds to lose the last few games. I find it takes the edge off ... at this rate I might be able to buy us a decent CB
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

rab_rant wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:16 am Look I know when I posted about non-verbal communication through body language
it sort of got dismissed as sort of pseudo science, but nevertheless police agencies
are taught to look for discrepancies between speech and the words being said and what
the body language is saying.

Turn the sound off on this video and watch how PH moves is hands and body. He starts off
the the hand washing technique just like Pilate. Hands in pockets defiant, Arms crossed over
chest defensive, pulling at the collar like a hangman's noose around his neck. covering the mouth
as if to stop the words escaping, neck stroking to calm himself. He is a fidgeting mess, regardless
of the words he might be saying. He is not long for this job. He is a man that exudes a lack of
confidence, and I suppose that gets transmitted to the players, which then expresses itself
in poor performances. It is a truism to say that he has lost the dressing room... not that he ever had it.
Just one bad result after another, and people still want to give him time. Enough is enough.
He's been like that in previous interviews. Very fidgety.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Someone just end this season now please !! Absolutely sick of this week after week.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

It’s been a common theme this season - we’ve got a glass chin, after that soft penalty we were beaten - heads gone, full of self pity and angst and absolutely knocked off balance and the usual suspects are the worst affected. We have zero useful “game craft” whereas every team we lose to have it in spades, whether it be feigning injury, influencing the ref, winding up the crowd, winning a penalty or a free kick - other teams can do it a we can’t, other teams know it and crank it up when playing us - a good manager would be working on this now. It’s the major difference from our first six games and what's gone on since, we were sussed by McCarthy in the Ipswich game, O’Kane fell straight into the trap, Warnock twice ate us up twice then spat us out, Millwall gave us a master class in it at ER. Neil & his players did the same with similar tactics last night, at times clearly cheating but it was enough to totally unsettle us !
This is what you get when you have average soft-bellied no bottle players & managers who are clueless to stop the rot !
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Brader wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:46 am Looks to me like hecky is sizing up who’s staying and who’s going at the moment. It’s the only way you can justify the U23s in there and dropping the better lads. I wonder if he’s been told he’s been given the summer regardless of results.
The trouble is that even that argument doesn't stand up to much with the Pearce situation. We have a left back who admittedly was bit shaky in the first half of his debut but was then playing well when he got subbed. Since then he hasn't had a look in as Berardi and now Anita have been played there - neither of which is a possible answer to the left back situation next season.

Similar with the Lasogga situation. If we aren't going to sign Lasogga permanently then it made absolute sense to give Ekuban games but then why drop Ekuban and bring Lasogga back in for the Sunderland match? Okay Ekuban has missed some sitters so if you were going to drop him then why not give Grot or Cibicki or a young lad the nod up front rather than recall Lasogga - who unsurprisingly looked like he wasn't bothered after being messed around. Why recall Ekuban a match after dropping him, had he suddenly improved his shooting whilst being on the bench v Sunderland?

It is doing neither one thing nor another. It is not giving U23s the chance to impress for next season (other than those he has been forced to play due to injuries) and it is not picking the strongest team.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Positives

Peacock-Farrell, O'Connor
Leading at half-time
'Orta out' sung for the first time this season

Negatives

Caving in as soon as Preston equalised
Our experienced players with the exception of Pablo
Jansson playing the dying swan
Precious little movement especially in attacking areas
No pace
No pressing
No anticipation
Poor crosses
Powder-puff tackling, rarely win 50/50 challenges
Apart from our goal, not much hit the target
Team selection
Another defeat
Four players giving their shirts to fans at the end of the game, hopefully none of them will wear a Leeds shirt again, unfortunately won't be the case.
Diversions on the way home as the M62/M60 was shut. Witnessed every kebab/Indian/laundrette/ pawn/charity shop premises in the streets of Bury. Fog from Leeds to East Yorks. God does not smile on us Leeds fans :x

8 Peacock-Farrell,
2 Anita
2 Jansson
7 O’Connor
2 Dallas
3 Vieira
3 Phillips
7 Hernandez
5 Roofe
2 Ekuban
4 Grot
Subs