Leeds v Barnsley - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds v Barnsley - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by Cjay »

Positives.
Tom Pearce got his first goal and played well.
BPF pulled of another excellent save.
Roofe was a nuisance.
Ali scored
Forshaw back
We won.

Negatives.
Cant remember when Saiz last had a good game.
(For Faaip) Alioski was poor, but for balance we dont win without him.
Offside goal, one tap in missed and another decent chance spurned for Barnsley.
Dont think we really played well.
Didnt control the match how we should at home to a bottom side.
Beat them more comfortably at there place.
Nothing learned, we beat a side we already had beaten easier away.
If Barnsley are an example of what Hecky considers Championship standard then god help us.

3 points taking the average position of teams Hecks has beaten to 17th.

Said before i dont think Hecky can prove he deserves the job beyond this season, still dont, beating Barnsley, QPR and Norwich is something we have already done. Credit to the team for the 3 points, but it wasnt comfortable at all, and we should expect better against a side who are 22nd.
Last edited by Cjay on Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:30 pm Positives.
Tom Pearce got his first goal and played well.
BPF pulled of another excellent save.
Roofe was a nuisance.
Ali scored
Forshaw back
We won.

Negatives.
Cant remember when Saiz last had a good game.
Offside goal, one tap in missed and another decent chance spurned for Barnsley.
Dont think we really played well.
Didnt control the match how we should at home to a bottom side.
Beat them more comfortably at there place.
Nothing learned, we beat a side we already had beaten easier away.
If Barnsley are an example of what Hecky considers Championship standard then god help us.
Wow ! follow my leader time, two others on another forum also using the positives/negative line. I should have patent it :P

Saves me a bit of time as all I have to do & copy & paste your post Cjay ;-) :lol:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:11 pm Wow ! follow my leader time, two others on another forum also using the positives/negative line. I should have patent it :P

Saves me a bit of time as all I have to do & copy & paste your post Cjay ;-) :lol:
A little biased though don't you think. Ali had a stinker but ends up in the positives somehow
The comparisons with previous games make no sense to me. No team play at the same level all season long. A beats B B beats C so A must beat C is a ridiculous notion
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

radebe88 wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:38 pm Absolutely perfect summary. J
Shucks :)

Thanks
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:11 pm Wow ! follow my leader time, two others on another forum also using the positives/negative line. I should have patent it :P

Your not going to tell me im negative :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:53 pm A little biased though don't you think. Ali had a stinker but ends up in the positives somehow
The comparisons with previous games make no sense to me. No team play at the same level all season long. A beats B B beats C so A must beat C is a ridiculous notion
Ali scored the goal, regardless of his overall performance, no goal no win.

I praised Roofe . .what more do you want :(

I dont think comparing the same teams in 2 different games with the same squads is ridiculous?

You expect to beat teams down the bottom, you expect to beat them especially at home convincingly, you expect the opposition to put up more of a fight at there place.

Think its perfectly reasonable to compare performances?
Signed

King Cjay

fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:30 pm Said before i dont think Hecky can prove he deserves the job beyond this season, still dont, beating Barnsley, QPR and Norwich is something we have already done. Credit to the team for the 3 points, but it wasnt comfortable at all, and we should expect better against a side who are 22nd.
A bit unfair. Add Ayling, Cooper, Berardi and whoever was available and `in form` (Saiz) `in the good times`.
The AVAILABLE squad right now is POOR (average at best). Is that so hard to accept?

PS: BPF proves, so far, to be a real gem, looking to have potential in all required departements. (His reflex saves remind me of Paul Robinson when came in for Martyn.) WHO would have thought that before Heck was more or less forced (I said I would stick with Wiedwald...not all, but others did too) to Play him, very few would have thought he was capable to do a good job.
People think the squad is underachieving but at the same time weren`t able to see the quality of BPF? Just shows that all are more or less in the same boat, claiming to know who is underachieving etc., but when it comes to hard facts, noone seems to be that clever anymore.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Positves

We won.
Scored two goals for the first time in five games.
We have a new LB in Tom Pearce who is prepared to run into space & score with a neat finish, defended very well having to deal with the tricky Adam Hammill.
Peacock-Farrell kept us in the game.
O'Connor looking better than Pontus overall, unlucky with the own goal
BPF giving the casual Saiz a real mouthful.
Roofe's 2nd half performance, great work providing a tap-in for Alioski.
Forshaw back.
McBurnie is a Swansea player, hope he stays there or bypasses ER

Negatives

Barnsley are one of the poorest teams I've seen (twice) this season.
Saiz petulance & whinging, first at BPF & then at everyone around him when subbed.
Alioski whinging & falling about
Phillips has a pineapple on his head
Our midfield is so weak
Atmosphere poor, only to be expected I suppose

8 - Peacock-Farrell
5 - Pennington
6 - Jansson
7 - O'Connor
8 - Pearce (MOTM)
4 - Phillips
5 - Vieira
4 - Hernandez
4 - Saiz
5 - Alioski
7 - Roofe
Subs
4 - Ekuban
n/a - Forshaw
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

fred wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:12 pm A bit unfair. Add Ayling, Cooper, Berardi and whoever was available and `in form` (Saiz) `in the good times`.
The AVAILABLE squad right now is POOR (average at best). Is that so hard to accept?

PS: BPF proves, so far, to be a real gem, looking to have potential in all required departements. WHO would have thought that before Heck was more or less forced (I said I would stick with Wiedwald...not all, but others did too) to Play him, very few would have thought he was capable to do a good job.
People think the squad is underachieving but at the same time weren`t able to see the quality of BPF? Just shows that all are more or less in the same boat, claiming to know who is underachieving etc., but when it comes to hard facts, noone seems to be that clever anymore.
Ayling, Saiz, Ekuban, O'Kane, Forshaw, Lasogga, Jansson, Pennington, Roofe, Berardi, Vieira, etc list goes on of players TC had missing for a number of games during his spell, cant use injuries as an excuse for keeping a manager, otherwise you can end up financing his signings, sticking by him, and having to sack him anyways and wasting another season.

What if what a lot of Leeds fans think is true, they arent negative, there correct, Hecky isnt good enough?
Or, he is unlucky and things will improve if he has his own players (who we beat today).

Got to weigh up the risks imo, Hecky has a poor record, he hasnt ever built a successful squad, the poor Barnsley side we beat today IS his squad.

I credit him for playing the kids, i do, but we appointed a manager not long ago based on his youth credentials, his name was Neil Redfearn.
Signed

King Cjay

60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

fred wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:12 pm A bit unfair. Add Ayling, Cooper, Berardi and whoever was available and `in form` (Saiz) `in the good times`.

PS: BPF proves, so far, to be a real gem, looking to have potential in all required departements. (His reflex saves remind me of Paul Robinson when came in for Martyn.) WHO would have thought that before Heck was more or less forced (I said I would stick with Wiedwald...not all, but others did too) to Play him, very few would have thought he was capable to do a good job.
Of course, a forum like this will always be full of uneducated no fact based comments on all manner of things.....but thats what makes it interesting and fun :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:53 pm A little biased though don't you think. Ali had a stinker but ends up in the positives somehow
Just a bit Faaip, apart from his tap-in & one pass he was woeful

Both Saiz & Alioski's petulance is becoming irritating & annoying, they can do one as far as I'm concerned, had enough of these type of footballers in my beloved club

See my report I've just posted up
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:59 pm Ali scored the goal, regardless of his overall performance, no goal no win.

I praised Roofe . .what more do you want :(

I dont think comparing the same teams in 2 different games with the same squads is ridiculous?

You expect to beat teams down the bottom, you expect to beat them especially at home convincingly, you expect the opposition to put up more of a fight at there place.

Think its perfectly reasonable to compare performances?
But for balance it should have read

Negative

Alioski was poor
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Crap game, but at least we won for a change. Barnsley are dreadful and if we're looking at 4 of their players, then we're screwed next season. Delighted for Pearce to get his first goal and once again BPF stood strong when we needed him.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

fred wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:12 pm BPF proves, so far, to be a real gem, looking to have potential in all required departements. (His reflex saves remind me of Paul Robinson when came in for Martyn.) WHO would have thought that before Heck was more or less forced (I said I would stick with Wiedwald...not all, but others did too) to Play him, very few would have thought he was capable to do a good job.
A lot easier to play BPF when the season was effectively over (which was the case when PH selected him a few matches into his reign when the promotion dream had ended). Similar with Pearce in that it is perhaps the only crumbs of comfort from this season although even then PH preferred to play Berardi and then Anita in the position until Berardi's sending off and Anita conceding the penalty and showing for the umpteenth time this season he isn't a left back. Thankfully injuries and suspensions have forced PH to give youth players a chance and hopefully they will benefit from it and be pushing for first team starts next season based on their quality/ability rather than just making up the numbers.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:22 pm Ayling, Saiz, Ekuban, O'Kane, Forshaw, Lasogga, Jansson, Pennington, Roofe, Berardi, Vieira, etc list goes on of players TC had missing for a number of games during his spell, cant use injuries as an excuse for keeping a manager, otherwise you can end up financing his signings, sticking by him, and having to sack him anyways and wasting another season.
Yeah, and we played s**t. That is: TC and Heck with same players available: same s**t results and performances. Of course you must judge a manager based on the quality of the players who are available, what else? lol
What if what a lot of Leeds fans think is true, they arent negative, there correct, Hecky isnt good enough?
Or, he is unlucky and things will improve if he has his own players (who we beat today).
Who knows? Some will say they know 100% that Heck isn`t good enough, based on the record of Heck with us and at Barnsley. And they have at least some arguments (better than those saying, they can `see` if a manager is crap or not.) But that is not my point, as I agree that he should sacked IF a better manager is in sight. Is that the case? Not that I`m aware of. McCarthy? Sigh.

Is it Hecks squad (Barnsley)? Not sure, listening to what Barnsley fans say. No inveestement in the summer etc.
But I get your point. Not much speaks for him. So yeah: if a better (based on the same criteria?) manager is in sight an willing to take over (as soon as the season ends at latest) then I would say o.k. (How would Radz/Orta explain such sacking? lol)

And no, I don`t give Heck credit for playing the youngsters. As I remember he didn`t seem to think too highly of BPF...but then who did? (The latter being my point.) And no doubt that BPF will make mistakes, but the basic talent can`t be denied.
Last edited by fred on Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

weasel wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:39 pm A lot easier to play BPF when the season was effectively over (which was the case when PH selected him a few matches into his reign when the promotion dream had ended). Similar with Pearce in that it is perhaps the only crumbs of comfort from this season although even then PH preferred to play Berardi and then Anita in the position until Berardi's sending off and Anita conceding the penalty and showing for the umpteenth time this season he isn't a left back. Thankfully injuries and suspensions have forced PH to give youth players a chance and hopefully they will benefit from it and be pushing for first team starts next season based on their quality/ability rather than just making up the numbers.
If Lonergan wasn't injured, he'd never have picked BPF. Annoys me how Heck will get all the credit for BPF and Pearce. Not like they weren't here before him.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

SG90 wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:43 pm If Lonergan wasn't injured, he'd never have picked BPF. Annoys me how Heck will get all the credit for BPF and Pearce. Not like they weren't here before him.
True. But NOONE thought that BPF would play soo good. That`s the relevant point.
And let`s not forget: had BPF had two stinkers the first two games (could happen to the best young players with nerves and a not too successful spell (?) at York in mind), he would probably have been replaced with Lonergan and been labeled a failure.
If BPF played the way he has done in the first Team in the u23s, why the f**k didn`t the coach of the u23 say to TC or Heck: `You must give this guy a chance, he`s got great potential.` Considering how bad Lonergan and Wiedwald played TC could have brought BPF even if the play-offs were still a realistic (?) aim when he was sacked.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

weasel wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:39 pm A lot easier to play BPF when the season was effectively over (which was the case when PH selected him a few matches into his reign when the promotion dream had ended). Similar with Pearce in that it is perhaps the only crumbs of comfort from this season although even then PH preferred to play Berardi and then Anita in the position until Berardi's sending off and Anita conceding the penalty and showing for the umpteenth time this season he isn't a left back. Thankfully injuries and suspensions have forced PH to give youth players a chance and hopefully they will benefit from it and be pushing for first team starts next season based on their quality/ability rather than just making up the numbers.
Agree. But if you read my comment as intended; you will get my point: NOONE, not even those believing to know soo much better than others what is right and wrong with 100% certainty, predicted that BPF could prove a point based on his talent (he showed - did he - in the u23s)? Or is BPF playing much better than he was before in the u23s?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:43 pm If Lonergan wasn't injured, he'd never have picked BPF. Annoys me how Heck will get all the credit for BPF and Pearce. Not like they weren't here before him.
With all due respect SG.....how do you know that ?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

No I don't think it easier to throw the young players in when the season is effectively over, there was immense pressure to prove themselves at a higher level in front of huge crowds the haven't experienced previously.
Hecky said he wanted to look at much of his squad & he has carried his plan out more or less. Like the attending fans he has probably worked out who he wants to keep & those he wishes to get shot of, no doubt he has endured a nasty shock with the knowledge how poor the squad he has inherited :shock: