The Visual/Music Discussion Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by becchio bear »

I'm rather jealous 64 :( I love Bad Company and especially the Straight Shooter cd. Do you remember the Radio 1 programme years ago called the 6 5 special? One Friday night I had some songs played and this was one of them along with Deep Purple, Yes, Genesis and Waterfall by 10CC :wink:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

1964white wrote: Saw Bad Co three times in the 70's, Free were even better 8-)
I'll second that. My favourite:

Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote:I'm rather jealous 64 :( I love Bad Company and especially the Straight Shooter cd. Do you remember the Radio 1 programme years ago called the 6 5 special? One Friday night I had some songs played and this was one of them along with Deep Purple, Yes, Genesis and Waterfall by 10CC :wink:
Make you more envious Becchio, i've seen all four of those bands in concert - great times
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Guildford White wrote: I'll second that. My favourite:

Good one GW

'Mr Big' off Free live is my favourite
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote: Make you more envious Becchio, i've seen all four of those bands in concert - great times
I've seen Genesis on numerous occasions and had tickets for Yes but they broke up before the concert!! Would've loved to see Bad Company and Deep Purple.
marty59
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by marty59 »

well I like Kaiser chiefs and they're Leeds fans as you know absolutely ace live!!!! Music is the stuff of life and aprt of me since being a teenager in the 70's and it reflects life through the ages.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Martyn »

marty59 wrote:well I like Kaiser chiefs and they're Leeds fans as you know absolutely ace live!!!! Music is the stuff of life and aprt of me since being a teenager in the 70's and it reflects life through the ages.
There's nowt wrong with the Kaiser Chiefs. Some people get a bit sniffy about them being musically limited but for me they're a simple unpretentious pop/rock band making music that people enjoy - and good luck to them.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

Guildford White wrote: There's nowt wrong with the Kaiser Chiefs. Some people get a bit sniffy about them being musically limited but for me they're a simple unpretentious pop/rock band making music that people enjoy - and good luck to them.
Agree with this GW. I like the Kaisers, got all their cds and a dvd but unfortunately never seen them live .... yet!
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Martyn »

Time for an egg I think.

revie-era
First Team
First Team

Post by revie-era »

becchio bear wrote:

This is my first offering of the day.
Only have the first Bad Co albumn, which is tip top. Will see if more available via Spotify.

For me, Free were such a hard act to follow, Kossof was a brilliant guitarist although I also enjoyed Mick Ralphs with Mott The Hoople.
Telepres
First Team
First Team

Post by Telepres »

becchio bear wrote: Agree with this GW. I like the Kaisers, got all their cds and a dvd but unfortunately never seen them live .... yet!
Brilliant live. As you say GW, just a simple band making simple but enjoyable music. There can't be any real hate for that, surely.

On hiatus for a short time now I think, but they'll be back :thup:
barryanorak
Manager
Manager

Post by barryanorak »

1964white wrote: Make you more envious Becchio, i've seen all four of those bands in concert - great times

Me too.

:-D
Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...

becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

My second offering of the day. Having nostalgia trip as it's my birthday next week! Love this song, bought the vinyl single from Donny market many moons ago :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Sorry not for me although i bought Employment, played it 3/4 times & bored me silly tbh, sent it to a village charity event & it didn't sell for £2 :-D their songs appeal to those who like stadium/anthem type bands which is not a bad thing if that type of music appeals to you
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

barryanorak wrote:

Me too.

:-D
Do I take it you're agreeing with 64 rather than being in the jealous camp with me?

Nearly made a right boo boo there with the old quoting!!!! Twiggs would have had an apopletic fit if I'd posted it straightaway :shock:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote:

My second offering of the day. Having nostalgia trip as it's my birthday next week! Love this song, bought the vinyl single from Donny market many moons ago :)
duet with the great Donny (appropiate) Hathaway :)
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote: duet with the great Donny (appropiate) Hathaway :)
Like the linkage 64!! Quickly sneak this in while Twiggs' back is turned .... noticed the few posts on the "other site", makes interesting reading that the music forum isn't proving so popular!!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: Like the linkage 64!! Quickly sneak this in while Twiggs' back is turned .... noticed the few posts on the "other site", makes interesting reading that the music forum isn't proving so popular!!
Yes Linus & his gang have totally cocked it up with their decision, they refuse to listen to us or reply to my pm's, poor pr to say the least !
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

1964white wrote: Saw Bad Co three times in the 70's, Free were even better 8-)

I've only seen 2 free concerts but I have to say there's something special about not having to pay. So spot on. Sharks were better than decent as well.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

I'd just like to thank everyone for creating an MOTForum posting record, on this thread. 20 pages in under 10 days! :shock: Well done everyone who has contributed :thup:
Great to see it's not just the "Exiles" posting, as a fair few perplexed and/or curious "pre MD-ers" on MOT have also contributed...even if just to see WTF is going on with this thread! 8-) - AND of course, GREAT to see the "Exiles" contributing to the footy and other threads on MOT! :jump:

All in all, a resounding success so far! However - can I please remind you that all this traffic does eat bandwidth...which means increasing server capacity etc...so please click on an advert on here when you remember, as that helps to pay for the costs of expansion. Thanks. 8-)

Keep the music flowing!