Football manager 2011/ Just started any good tips for leeds?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Telepres
First Team
First Team

Re: Football manager 2011/ Just started any good tips for le

Post by Telepres »

Best player I signed in my first season iirc (played it a while back now). Ousmane Dabo.

Stayed with me for a few seasons. Won promotion, and a couple of trophies, retired (on good terms with me) to become Aston Villa manager and then spent the next couple of seasons insulting me.

Love seeing the players become managers. Craig Bellamy, the mouthy Burnley manager :lol:
dantheleedsfan

Post by dantheleedsfan »

Doing better this time around, finished 17th first season
Now into my second season and currently 4th with a real good squad, i'm sure if i don't go up this season it will definately be the season after. Managed to sign Forssell, Denilson from Arsenal, Micah Richards from Man City, and a center back called Fontas from Barcelona.
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

Try a tactic called "Freiburg 2012_2013 (Freiburg, Dec 2012)" just watch who is set up on long shots, its probably the best tactic I have used in terms of not conceding goals..
Only one up front make sure he is a at least quick with good finishing..
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

My first season started ok, but just never really got going. Becchio kept getting injured and no one else was up to his role really.
My second season is a different kettle of fish though - 13 games in, top of the table and unbeaten in 10, only conceded 7 and put away 23 thanks to Gradel, Becchio, a new striker (who's name escapes me atm) and BRUCE(?!) who's been amazing in defence and picked up 5 goals! Hopefully it'll keep up and injuries can be avoided...
Telepres
First Team
First Team

Post by Telepres »

Did anyone else have issues with Kasper. I asked him something one day and he refused to speak to me again. Spent the rest of the season moaning ( :roll: ) and I had to sell him to some club in Portugal where he stayed until I finished my game (about 10 years later).
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

Telepres wrote:Did anyone else have issues with Kasper. I asked him something one day and he refused to speak to me again. Spent the rest of the season moaning ( :roll: ) and I had to sell him to some club in Portugal where he stayed until I finished my game (about 10 years later).
I got Kompany in my third season and some bullshit kicked off and every game "Looked complacent not interested" I fined him for getting sent off in his first game for two fucked up tackles, 2 weeks wages - maybe a game bug, sulked for infinity nothing could turn it round.
The prick, I wanted to "right click" and "Nut one on him"

Telepres
First Team
First Team

Post by Telepres »

Emsley wrote: I got Kompany in my third season and some bullshit kicked off and every game "Looked complacent not interested" I fined him for getting sent off in his first game for two flipped up tackles, 2 weeks wages - maybe a game bug, sulked for infinity nothing could turn it round.
The prick, I wanted to "right click" and "Nut one on him"
Worst part was, I could speak to him towards the end of the season, so I said he had a good game. Iirc, he thought I was taking the piss (obviously termed differently on the game) and sulked off again!
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Telepres wrote:Did anyone else have issues with Kasper. I asked him something one day and he refused to speak to me again. Spent the rest of the season moaning ( :roll: ) and I had to sell him to some club in Portugal where he stayed until I finished my game (about 10 years later).
No issues except for the fact that he asks for a wage hike every season!
Currently at the start of season 4: Got promoted in the second season, champions by a country mile (think I secured promotion with 7 games left!) then had a dream season in the Prem...
Brought in Ciaran Clark from Villa (with a substantial amount of my TRANSFER BUDGET- Bates hopped ship mid way through 2nd season :roll: ) managed to swing Miroslav Klose on a free and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on season long loan (he'd scored 9 goals in 5 appearances at the end of the championship season, with 2 hat-tricks!). Also finally solved the left back problem (although Bradders made a pretty solid replacement with a bit of training :roll: ) with an 18 year old French kid called Lucas Digne, who's been fetching offers of around £6m this season and he's only 20! Finished 6th (!!) ahead of Tottenham and so can qualify for Europe this season (Will Be CCOE!).
Made a few big transfers this time round, John Fleck from Rangers is incredible and young, a guy called Axel Witsel (who's being linked with Arsenal IRL as of last night!) and Ahmed Khalil who is probably made up but is absolutely incredible and only cost a couple of million cos he was from some obscure middle-eastern team...
Scum first game of the season though, so we'll see how up to the test my team is!

edit: Get him signed up! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Khal ... ootballer)
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

I'm still playing FM2009 - never bothered getting the new one's as I had too much data and seasons done to start all over again - AGAIn ( having 2008 before ) . Currently into 2015/16 season , Not one single player left from the Leeds team I started with , Leeds now defending Premier League champions , having pipped Man City and Chelsea to title previous season. Man Utd a shadow of their former selves and now a mid-table team while Leeds have strikers Cavani, Kalinic - I have Kuzmanovic and Fabregas in midfield and a host of decent up and coming youngsters ( one's the game has generated but who don't exist in reality ) - and plenty of money in the bank - getting free players/bosmans then selling them on for decent profits asap . Enjoying this too much to go and start it up all over again .Excellent game though .
rand3ll
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rand3ll »

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/40474/t ... into-game/

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/40474/t ... g-victory/

I adore FM09 . . Bit of a snippett of what I achieved with Leeds on there.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

rand3ll wrote:http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/40474/t ... into-game/

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/40474/t ... g-victory/

I adore FM09 . . Bit of a snippett of what I achieved with Leeds on there.
Just got 2012 , mainly because my computer went down - got it fixed but asked for passcode for 2009 when i went to play it again , at the moment the instruction book location escapes me ....... so - I got 2012 Its not a patch on 2012 IMO - too much in it I think and it loses the feel - talking to players etc and all the individual team tactics , its nowhere near as well laid out , maybe I'll get used to it , but at the moment I will happily revert to 2009 when instructions turn up with passcode .
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

Clacton White wrote: Just got 2012 , mainly because my computer went down - got it fixed but asked for passcode for 2009 when i went to play it again , at the moment the instruction book location escapes me ....... so - I got 2012 Its not a patch on 2012 IMO - too much in it I think and it loses the feel - talking to players etc and all the individual team tactics , its nowhere near as well laid out , maybe I'll get used to it , but at the moment I will happily revert to 2009 when instructions turn up with passcode .
I had the same worries about FM2012 when I fired it up, it looked daunting and I knew I had to go threw all the tactics, coaches, training, contracts blah all the crap you have to set up first time round.
I cut my self some slack this time though and downloaded some good tactics.
It took me 3 weeks to get round to slowly inching my way in to the season, but once I was under way it was good again. (in prem now and its looking like a very difficult first season back in the big time)

Ill give you a heads up on the players to save you some time OK? :-D

Lonners - Comes good keep playing him.

Cons - weak link - look to invest in a RB ASAP. (You have very little money so here is the guy I bought he is world class and super super cheap and asks for nothing in wages Ivan Bandalovski 140k low wages buy him he will be a really good prem RB)

Andy O brien - Your best CB by a country Mile play him as much as you can.

Paddy - Surprisingly good in this game - will do a Job.

Lees - Starts off ropey - but with time and exposure - WILL replace Paddy at the 5 month mark of the season. Destined to be a quality Prem CB.

Pugh - Versatile - consistent works best on the left, and is great cover or all other areas when players get injured or are tired. Great utility player. Play Left back with ease, plays Left midfield better, Plays Centre midfield good enough incase of injury etc.

White - Aidy white is a total dork at the start of the game. He Plays Attacking winger ONLY!!! But! After time his stats start to go up fast! The more you expose him to first team football the better he gets. Will be a Quality prem winger.
His defence attributes sometimes nick the ball in the opositions area and BLAM he is gone like the wind. :-D End product is woeful at first. Now for me he is tormenting in the box. Belted a rob snods cross in on the volly! it was awesome.

Howson - Yes. Turn his long shots down to "sometimes" as he just rattles the ball all over the shop. He is your captain. Passing is great, link up play is great. Stick with him. His tackling improves as you play him. Has the highest "Influence" in your team so is automatic captain choice. next is paddy or brown...

Clayton - Mixed bag of beans - Has a tempting DMC role as NONE of the current Leeds players fit natrally in to that position in the game. Will do a Job but but his tackling is a very weak 7 out of 20 that is no where near good enough for a leeds DMC in my opinion. He is a cover player for me, But still managed 21 appearances as start and 8 as sub. Bi of a girl pants if he gets down in the dumps.

Mick brown - Qaulity in the championship - tough tackling bad ass (does not fit the DMC role at all) him and howson in the middle are a solid pairing. Hits a lot of shots soooooooo close for me but has yet to score a 25 yarder. Tackles like a bad ass and kicks the crap out of other players I LOVE HIM!

Snoddy - Your main man, will bag you a lot of assists and score you at least 10 goals if you utilise him correctly. For some reason he cuts inside the box for me so many times but I have yet to witness a classic snoddy goal like that, he is strong in the air.

Becchio - Injured at the start of the game - when you get him back you will be so thankful you have a striker with strength and "Jumping" He is a TARGET MAN :thup: Will frustrate you as he takes a lot of crap shots when he has better passes on the cards. With his downsides though he is an essential player in the build up to attacks for Leeds in FM2012.

Ross McCormack - Tidy player is a POACHER - not fast enough for an out and out CF - for me started of well scoring goals, then faded as the season went on he played over 9 hours of games with loads of chances before he broke his duct. He is not good enough for the Prem in this game. will score you at least 10 goals in a season. Dont use him as a target man ever! Play the ball to his feet.

Nunez - Lovely lovely nunez! I had a lot of trouble getting him to play to his best it turns out he Loves to play in a 4-3-3 on the far left of the forwards, he has the skill of "cuts in" so when he cuts in from the left guess what? He takes his pick.
I used him only in a 4-3-3 and he would always play a decent game, but in all honesty his goal ratio was poor, can sometimes produce MOTM displays. His proper postion is true AMC but that is very hard to make work in the recent FM games and i have long since give up on wasting a guy in the hole like that. For me looking at his stats has this so so so close potential to be a championship king but i could not quite get it out of him.

Forssell - Has excellent build up play for the championship -things seemed to click when he played for me, wastes a lot of shots but does score given a good run out, between him and ross - I couldnt call it, but ross does get to the point better, and Forssell is better technically - juggle them like tools!

Back up players:

Ben Parker - Get ready for a suprise, get him fit and play him ASAP solid in the championship. better than Pugh a left back, and much better than White who is an emergency LB at best. Was my pleasnat suprise of the campaign. Tough son of a bitch and keeps on going, just like any leeds lad would! plus he is a "root" leeds player like howson so if your team talk is "For the fans!" He get motivated like howson! :-D

Alex bruce: Remember I told you leeds does not have a natural DMC and the closest we got is Adam Clayton?
STICK BRUCE IN THE HOLE! He wipes f**kers out who dare come at him, if any of your tactics have a DMC and you cant get hold of a decent DMC Bruce can do a job (re train him), just keep his passing simple and he will suprise you with how many players he just rattles over. Would advise caution of playing him as an emergency RB. Also good in the air, he is quality as make shift DMC.

Paynter - hahahahahaha! Is a decent target man - but his shooting is god awful, you will drop him after 5 games, dont waste your time unless you want to see a real replica of a leeds player in FM! Poor old billy! Added annoyence you cant sell the fucker!!!!! :lol:

Somma - has the highest finishing rate (16 - 16 is high for a prem player) of any of the leeds players - sadly he was injured for a long time and i placed him in the reserves, when he came back from injury I had forgot all about him and missed the second half of the seasons squad registration. I beleive with my 4-3-3 tactic he would of rained fire down on thie league - gutted i dint get to see him play. Keep your eye on his recovery. My opinion - not good enough for a 4-4-2 but in a 4-3-3- in the middle of the line may well prove a right little twat! :P

Sam - Has enough about him to get his ass down the line and in to the box, he is backup for snods that is all he is! Did score a couple for me though and set up now and then. But snods is a tough old boot and sam wont get much of a look in.

Mika - DONT under estimate him if you play him he will reward you (needs a un out of 3 - 5 games), the trouble was in my game howson was in front of him and mikas tackling is terrible in the game. I was not going to sacrifice brown for mika when browns tackling was bitching at 15! Mikas is a lowly 7!

Younger players - All suck except MONTY!

Trouble is montys stats are pretty weak when you fire the game up and he is a liability.
I tried to expose him best I could - and with the looks of things he is going to be an amazing defender in an another season or two. Expose him at your own risk, but the rewards for first team play will be immense. Dont play him early on you will lose points, wait till he has progressed!

RakUba - LOL - He is a good back up keeper in this game, talk him up! One game My defender went of injured and there was 15 minutes to go so for the laugh i put racks on - he fell on his ass trying to tackle some speed demon. lol IS a good back up keeper.

Keogh - Sent him straight back to wolves.

O dea - Sent hjim straight back to celtic.

MY ADVICE:

Sort training out with GOOD training regimes IMMEDIATELY!
I did not do this till half way through the season! And When it started paying off id missed a massive window for improvement for my season in the prem! :?

Two players you should bring in on loan as SOON AS YO CAN OR THEY WILL GO!

John Fleck from rangers and Jake Livermoore from spurs.
I missed out on livermoore - wish i didnt the lad would of been bad ass after a few months for us!

I had John fleck for a hole season - Quality player and you will need him to cover strikers and left wing problems, his stats are s**t hot, but for some reason never delivers, misses shots and rarely assists - but i think his build up play was something the key highlightes did not show, WON young player of the championship for me.

HOPE IT HELPS CLACTON!
AND HOPE IT HELPS ALL OVER LEEDS FANS STARTING THE GAME! MOT! :mrgreen:

Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Funny you metion John Fleck as I'd bought him on 2009 version and he was still in Leeds side 2015/16 season - very useful player on that used as striker/AMC/L .
I'm already trying to get rid Paynter O'Brien is gone , looking for Rachubka replacement as I won't use him . Looking at some decent foreign players as I've now a bit of dosh . Not as much as on 2009 ( where I had a hefty 20m in 2015) - but up into the low £m's now thanks to cash injection from Arsenal . Can't remember who I sold now though . Oddly Norwich don't seem interested in anyone :shock: .
Maybe I'll get used to it all , seems more cumbersome than previous versions - I still think they were so far ahead of everyone else they decided to give them all a chance to catch up ( ie Championship Manager game )
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

lol i got zero interest in howson, teams where in for nunez at first.
I couldnt renew his contract as his wage permit was rejected.
i think the work permit thing in this game is dodgy - I tried to sign 3 or 4 players and each of them got rejected, even this Nigerian lad who had played in italy. Truly annoying when they reject a move over a permit.
You may of made a mistake in gettign rid of o brien clacton - he is solid for the hole season for you. :?
Who you got to replace him?

You will get used to the interface, It does take a little more delving than previous versions, and sometime I get a screen up and think, "thats useful" then a few games later i have no idea how I got that screen up. :roll:

Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Haven't replaced O'Brien as such at the moment , but I will soon - not decided on who with yet . NOW - overloaded with midfielders , Nunez and Clayton worried - got a player called Spaz :oops: ( I think it was ) , Finish from Groningen , Billy Sharp , after Rhodes of Hudders . Oh - Jeffers too , though fans were worried aparently . Puncheon , Spton glad to be rid of :shock: . Bloody hell , if only Leeds were this ambitious , if only football management was this easy :lol: . Still got a few mill to spend .
Excellent write up on the Leeds players BTW - shame I'd got shot of AO'B already .
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

Clacton White wrote:Haven't replaced O'Brien as such at the moment , but I will soon - not decided on who with yet . NOW - overloaded with midfielders , Nunez and Clayton worried - got a player called Spaz :oops: ( I think it was ) , Finish from Groningen , Billy Sharp , after Rhodes of Hudders . Oh - Jeffers too , though fans were worried aparently . Puncheon , Spton glad to be rid of :shock: . Bloody hell , if only Leeds were this ambitious , if only football management was this easy :lol: . Still got a few mill to spend .
Excellent write up on the Leeds players BTW - shame I'd got shot of AO'B already .
With he sounds of your team you will be flying up the league, you signed a player called spaz? :lol:
Hope he isn't a CB :-D
Billy sharp will finish top scorer if you get him firing right, should think he is a complete forward/poacher feed it to his feet.
:-D

I would avoid rhodes - Butterfield of Barnsley if you can afford it would be a great signing.
Do look at that RB I reccomended you wont be dissapointed.

Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

It was Tim Sparv ( not Spaz ) I got from Groningen - looks a fairly useful Championship player . Will have look at the RB soon , got a full 25 man squad so going to have trouble fitting him in at present , mind you there are players like Varynen , Forsell , Brown I would like to lose soon - see how they pan out first . Got AO'B's replacemwent but he doesn't look good - also got Yakubu a freebie RB /CB who might be a short term good one .
rand3ll
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rand3ll »

Clacton White wrote: Just got 2012 , mainly because my computer went down - got it fixed but asked for passcode for 2009 when i went to play it again , at the moment the instruction book location escapes me ....... so - I got 2012 Its not a patch on 2012 IMO - too much in it I think and it loses the feel - talking to players etc and all the individual team tactics , its nowhere near as well laid out , maybe I'll get used to it , but at the moment I will happily revert to 2009 when instructions turn up with passcode .
download the 9.3.0 patch, it removes the need to enter code
rand3ll
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rand3ll »

FM12.

I started not too long back, I find Chubby is alot more solid that Lonners tbh.
I'm playing 442 atm and it's working a treat, Keogh settin them up and Macca putting them in the net, he has 10 in 8.
I decided to opt for the youthful look. My team is:

------------Rachubka
--Connolly Lees O'Dea Pugh
-Snods Howson Clayton White
-------McCormack Keogh

My only signing has been Lloyd Dyer on loan for the season as back up. I'm currently in 6th place in the league.
I've sold O'Brien and Bromby, Kisnorbo and Paynter are currently on the transfer list and in my reserves.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

I was just fired and replaced by Jose Mourinho in 2020 :(
I'd won the FA cup 6 years running, prem 4 years in a row, Champs league the last 2 years and just won the Euro Super Cup and Community shield!

The new chairman wanted a 'change of direction'. I don't know whether it's a glitch, but it just doesn't make any sense!