Fifa 13!!!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Fifa 13!!!

Post by Dr.Leeds »

You got the digits the wrong way round for Rachubka.

Mind you, Rachubka's digits are the wrong way round...
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Fifa 13!!!

Post by Emsley »

Heh.
It's so warming to know that FIFA has taken the limelight over Pro evo shitty.
After all this time I still see those arguments over which is better.

For me Both fifa and Pro evo have far too heavily scripted AI, In other words if you outclass the AI it cheats.
This stopped me playing pro evo 2012 last year, I have played these games since International super star soccer on the SNES. (1994)

The last straw with me for pro evo 2012 came when drogba tackled 3 of my players in a row, made an unstoppable run with my players bouncing of him like he was the incredible hulk then finished on his weaker foot. I've even seen instances of my players getting slide tackled from behind and I didn't even get a free kick. I have checked with FIFA fans some who have played for as long as me and they say the same about FIFA. You dont actually play the game it decides when something should happen for you. I consider my self neutral when judging these games, but there are online videos proving the game does cheat. Pro evo 5 and 6 never used to cheat, sure it might of give the AI a slight advantage in a situation - but not what I see today MILLIONS of people playing this and the game is making choices for you.
My cousin says fifa is the same and its only playable online against human players.

I even tried patching pro evo 2012 a community had got pissed off with it cheating so some guy removed the code and he found "Unstoppable moves" and LOTS of scripting, i applied it and it did play better, I even saw the AI get a yellow Card! But then I played man city, Ha what a joke! They hammered me 5 - 0 so i turned the difficulty down, same again exact scorers in exact moments, I put the difficulty down to the lowest level (bare in mind I play pro evo on master difficulty) and teh exact same happened again, even removing the code didnt help it's shite house cheating.

:duno:
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
rand3ll
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rand3ll »

Kenny - 75
Ashdown - 68
Chubby - 64
Cairns - 56

Peltier - 67
Pearce - 69
Lees - 68
Kisnorbo - 67
Bromby - 66
White - 68
Drury - 66

Brown - 66
Green - 68
Austin - 71 (Should be 99)
Norris - 68
Thompson - 61
Pugh - 67
Nunez - 66

Varney - 69
Diouf - 71
Becchio - 72
McCormack - 72
Somma - 69
Gray - 65

Loaned Out:

Rogers - 65
Connolly - 64

All taken from FUT . . I would imagine there'll be a couple of younger players in the squad who aren't on Ultimate Team (Byram and Poleon, Taylor(Out on loan))

CAN'T WAIT FOR SEMPTEMBER 28TH!!!!
92champs
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 92champs »

For me, the biggest problem in FIFA is the consistency of refs.(And some people think real life teams have it bad) There are plenty of refs to choose from but there will always be times they give unfair frees and don't give fair ones. You should see my bro when a decision goes against him and the amount of times he has had to restart Career Mode matches over it :lol:
GlennLUFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GlennLUFC »

Camp Nou not included, Napoli not licensed....game play seems far better though going by the demo.
Be just & fear not; Leeds United A.F.C.
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

Fifa 13!!!

Post by Bakerjamessteven »

Is FIFA 13 released in November, if so when?? Anyone know???
rand3ll
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rand3ll »

Bakerjamessteven wrote:Is FIFA 13 released in November, if so when?? Anyone know???
28th September
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

Im looking very much forward to FIFA 13, and im expecting to play it so much my grades at uni will fall by one grade :| Looks like the game play has improved quite a bit, and hopefully there will be less bugs.
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

Fifa 13!!!

rand3ll wrote:
28th September
nice one rand3ll;-)
The 28/9 is B.day so my treat myself ,
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

If anyones interested I got a hold of a copy of pro evo 2013, and so far I can say its a big improvement over 2012.
Cheating AI is trimmed down a lot this time round, but you still get the feeling that the Computer will score due to some odd defelction or your player cleanly slide tackling the ball only for it to bounce in some strange way to the AI.
The AI gets booked now, and You can get away with some dirty tackles this time round (off the ball slide tackles). Which is great now it my turn to smash players and get away with it.

One major gripe:

Sometimes you press shoot and nothing happens. :duno:

Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Bakerjamessteven wrote:nice one rand3ll;-)
The 28/9 is B.day so my treat myself ,
You have two birthdays?! :shock:

Don't think I'm going to bother with this for a while, have got much more into Footy Manager in recent years, and FIFA is too easy up to world class when it's ridiculous!
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Son got it last week and says 2012 was better. Good to know, after splashing out £45 so he could buy 2013. GRRRR.
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

Fifa 13!!!

Twiggster wrote:Son got it last week and says 2012 was better. Good to know, after splashing out £45 so he could buy 2013. GRRRR.
I've just got Harry FIFA 13, he says the same, bloody kids :-):-)
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

Fifa 13!!!

Bakerjamessteven wrote: I've just got Harry FIFA 13, he says the same, payed £40 Tessco, bloody kids :-):-)
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

Hey guys after the disappointing PE2013.

I was thinking about getting fifa, hell I need one football game to play this year.
Have you got to be online to play with your preferred team and be able to buy and sell players etc?

Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

The demo looks great and plays much better than 2010/11/12, which I thought were cr@p and did not buy. However, the AI just seems to be insanely good at Pro setting with defenders having the upper hand. I appreciate that there has been some effort made to even up the competition in terms of ridiculous scorelines and simply running by people, but it does happen in real life and so some realism has been lost imo

My only gripe about any footy game is the online aspect where you end up playing against so many kn@bheads that you have to be careful not to smash up your TV/console/controllers/anything else close at hand.

Personally, I wish EA had stopped at 2009 or at least continued to allow XBL play - you get about 12 months out of a game online now before they cut you off to force you into buying the latest version - same about to happen with TW2011 :evil:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Twitter: lufcrace

Post by LUFCRACE »

anyone played the iPad/iPhone version? Can't imagine it translates that well, but the reviews look ok...
BRING BACK BRADDERS

International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

Gino 1959 wrote:The demo looks great and plays much better than 2010/11/12, which I thought were cr@p and did not buy. However, the AI just seems to be insanely good at Pro setting with defenders having the upper hand. I appreciate that there has been some effort made to even up the competition in terms of ridiculous scorelines and simply running by people, but it does happen in real life and so some realism has been lost imo
That's why i hate the recent batch of footy games.
years back if you were ace you won, now it forces you to lose, even though you out class the AI it cheats.
Its wrong.

Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

LUFCRACE wrote:anyone played the iPad/iPhone version? Can't imagine it translates that well, but the reviews look ok...
For the price, it is amazing. I mainly play Manager mode on the iPad, as the controls for normal game play aren't as fluid as a controller/keyboard and mouse.

Has kept me entertained since launch. Great iPad game.
Emsley wrote:
One major gripe:

Sometimes you press shoot and nothing happens. :duno:
Substitute Becchio, it will fix the problem. :wink:

Emsley wrote:
That's why i hate the recent batch of footy games.
years back if you were ace you won, now it forces you to lose, even though you out class the AI it cheats.
Its wrong.
However, back in the day, Fifa was incredibly simple. Pass, pass, pass, through ball, hold shoot from anywhere and score. These days you actually need to make the run yourself, time the pass, look the way you want to pass, aim for the goal manually and control your shot power.

I haven't played Fifa 13 a lot (apart from on the iPad), so I haven't tried the Pro setting yet.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Kyle_5351 wrote:
For the price, it is amazing. I mainly play Manager mode on the iPad, as the controls for normal game play aren't as fluid as a controller/keyboard and mouse.

Has kept me entertained since launch. Great iPad game.

Substitute Becchio, it will fix the problem. :wink:

However, back in the day, Fifa was incredibly simple. Pass, pass, pass, through ball, hold shoot from anywhere and score. These days you actually need to make the run yourself, time the pass, look the way you want to pass, aim for the goal manually and control your shot power.

I haven't played Fifa 13 a lot (apart from on the iPad), so I haven't tried the Pro setting yet.
Fifa 09 was pretty good, but 13 seems to favour defences. I just been on the demo again and some donkey of a defender was able to keep up with Walcott, which would not happen often in real life.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.