FIFA 14

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

FIFA 14

Post by Genghers »

Anyone got this yet?

Supposedly Alex Mowatt isn't on it! :(

Lenighan and Dawson are our young midfielders, but neither have featured this season... Any one in the know about when they tend to do updates/if they add players to teams?
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Re: FIFA 14

Post by Gino 1959 »

Tbh I feel the franchise has been - like many - going downhill. I also got really very fed up with the many knobs that play online and spoil what should be an enjoyable experience. Even when these pr!cks won they still doled out abuse :evil:

So hanging fire on buying this atm
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

FIFA 14

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Well what's it like?
Any good
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Son and his mates love it....X-Box version anyway. He has one mate who has it on PS3 and is here every day cos my lad's X-Box version is better....he says.
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

FIFA 14

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Hope you tell his mate to contribute to the electric then. Or feck off home ;)
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote:Hope you tell his mate to contribute to the electric then. Or feck off home ;)
The lad eats with us a few times a week too - shud I charge him for that??? :roll:
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

I hear Mowatt isn't on it, but they've put in Dawson and Lenighan despite them not playing once for the first team this season...

I usually wait until the end of the loan window at least before buying, so the squads are right when you start.
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

FIFA 14

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Twiggster wrote:
The lad eats with us a few times a week too - shud I charge him for that??? :roll:
I was joking you miserable sod
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Genghers wrote:I hear Mowatt isn't on it, but they've put in Dawson and Lenighan despite them not playing once for the first team this season...

I usually wait until the end of the loan window at least before buying, so the squads are right when you start.
And the price drops! Would there be enough players to form an MOT League?
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Gino 1959 wrote:And the price drops! Would there be enough players to form an MOT League?
Aye indeed. What does the £5 extra on the ultimate edition even get you?

What sort of MOT league? I must admit I've not really played online FIFA for a couple of years- used to be full of rage quitters and people who were just too good! :P
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Genghers wrote: Aye indeed. What does the £5 extra on the ultimate edition even get you?

What sort of MOT league? I must admit I've not really played online FIFA for a couple of years- used to be full of rage quitters and people who were just too good! :P
I think you get gold cards for FUT. I just meant we could maybe organise ourselves if enough people on here play.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Just been playing this with my nephew - the worst game ever :twisted: When some donkey FB from Northampton can catch some of the fastest wingers in the world you know realism has gone out the window.

I would not take this for free.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Gino 1959 wrote:Just been playing this with my nephew - the worst game ever :twisted: When some donkey FB from Northampton can catch some of the fastest wingers in the world you know realism has gone out the window.

I would not take this for free.
I've always had this problem. Stats seem to go out of the window for defenders vs. attackers. You can have 99 acceleration and sprint speed and still get caught with a head start...

Just started a new season with York City on World Class as my easier game with Leeds has reached a point where it's too easy. Brought in Matt Smith on loan and he's the top scorer in League 2! ¬.¬
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

It's the first time in a long time I've had controller rage! Had to stop playing for fear of damaging my telly! I've gone back to 09 - the last decent version imo.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Gino 1959 wrote:It's the first time in a long time I've had controller rage! Had to stop playing for fear of damaging my telly! I've gone back to 09 - the last decent version imo.
It can be really frustrating. The difference in difficulty between Pro and World class is crazy. The computer defence doesn't seem that much better on WC, but the ball just sticks to their feet when they're attacking, so if they get in the box they either score or you end up conceding a penalty.

Which is another gripe I have with 14, SOFT PENALTIES. I've given a couple away this season when a player I haven't been controlling manages to knock over a player off the ball, when the ball isn't even near him. Never works the other way of course, though maybe that's my Leeds mentality of everyone against me coming into play!

Don't think I played '09, I've had the last 3 years though I think... I'm such a sucker, always say I'm not going to move to the new one but end up getting it anyway.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

09 was more realistic. WC wingers streaked passed L1/2 donkeys, there was none of this collision stuff and you scored goals - 14 seems more about not conceding.

The AI is just 'too good' and I gave up on XBL long time back due to the hassle.

I strictly play by myself now :wink:
SUPERLEEDSUNITED
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by SUPERLEEDSUNITED »

Saves me £45 then, cheers for the review Gino.
What kind of music do you usually have here?

Oh, we got both kinds. Country....and Western.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Save yourself the same - probably more - and don't buy 15 :wink: