Leeds v Rotherham : Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Rotherham : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

Guildford White wrote:

I don't think Lees was that bad! :lol:
Your opinion Martyn....i probably saw Lees play about 75 times & soon came to the conclusion he is distinctly average

How he played at under 21 international level is beyond me !
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

1964white wrote:
Your opinion Martyn....i probably saw Lees play about 75 times & soon came to the conclusion he is distinctly average

How he played at under 21 international level is beyond me !
Agreed, he was never international class, but worse than schoolboy?
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

Guildford White wrote:Errm - "fucked integer"? I assume it's an autocorrect thing, but can't work out what it should have been

In the
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Out played especially in the 2nd half ,Out Fought the midfield is to weak.OutThought the Rotherham manager changed at half-time Milanic was clueless again the sooner we realise that foreign coaches do not work in the Championship the better but no manager worth his weight would take our job with Cellino in charge as he would not be allowed to buy the players he wanted Cellino seems to be ruling the roost.Our midfield is to lightweight its no good in this league thy are kids trying to do a mans job.We were out muscled yet again in this department.Revell was winning every ball in the air in the 1st half we did pick up a few of his headers but in the 2nd half we were no where near them.And all this passing the ball about at the back is great if you have a end product we don't as soon as the midfield get we loose it with poor passing.Rant over cant see much from Norwich and Wolves are on form.Bottom 3 by Christmas looks possible.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Very very poor, Yet I do feel we have a squad capable of making the playoffs. Milanic doesn't have a clue of the league, he'll need time, I don't think his tactics give enough respect to the league, naive to a certain extent,
Austin will have the best YouTube video of any player in the squad, hard running, tackles and great goal, but my god! He just doesn't have a footballing brain, he reminds me of myself playing five aside, a rugby player playing football.
But doom and gloom, I don't think so, certanily won't be bottom
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
1964white

Post by 1964white »

dezzy wrote:Very very poor, Yet I do feel we have a squad capable of making the playoffs. Milanic doesn't have a clue of the league, he'll need time, I don't think his tactics give enough respect to the league, naive to a certain extent,
Austin will have the best YouTube video of any player in the squad, hard running, tackles and great goal, but my god! He just doesn't have a footballing brain, he reminds me of myself playing five aside, a rugby player playing football.
But doom and gloom, I don't think so, certanily won't be bottom
Always said we'll win nothing with Austin in the team....he is up & down like a yo-yo
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote:
Always said we'll win nothing with Austin in the team....he is up & down like a yo-yo
Agree 64, I said the same thing last night, he really does try but back to Norway lad
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
1964white

Post by 1964white »

dezzy wrote: Agree 64, I said the same thing last night, he really does try but back to Norway lad
Austin is like a dog with a ball.....throw it & he'll chase it then confusion sets in when he picks the ball up !
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

1964white wrote:
Austin is like a dog with a ball.....throw it & he'll chase it then confusion sets in when he picks the ball up !
Very harsh Leon. He was ace in the first ½, as was Cooky. They both scared roverum to death, charging forrad.

Half time session must have been laced with valium drinks? :duno:
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

Now I realise why I stick with stats... reading everyone's opinions on here and you'd genuinely think people were watching different games. Austin, by no means man of the match, but for a few people to single him out above Bianchi and Doukara who had nightmares in that game is baffling.

A few losses and its back to the scapegoats. It's back to relegation predictions. It's back to requesting a new manager. It seems to be the default setting following a loss.

We got beat by the opposition being more fired up, pressing harder and hoof ball. We've spent the last few seasons being that team. Bring on Norwich and I pray for a win to freshen this place up a little.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

theleedsmango wrote:

Now I realise why I stick with stats... reading everyone's opinions on here and you'd genuinely think people were watching different games. Austin, by no means man of the match, but for a few people to single him out above Bianchi and Doukara who had nightmares in that game is baffling.

A few losses and its back to the scapegoats. It's back to relegation predictions. It's back to requesting a new manager. It seems to be the default setting following a loss.

We got beat by the opposition being more fired up, pressing harder and hoof ball. We've spent the last few seasons being that team. Bring on Norwich and I pray for a win to freshen this place up a little.
From what's been reported, we have played hoof ball but I haven't heard much of us being fired up and pressing harder except for a few games.

I certainly agree with the spirit of your overall sentiments mango.
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

Norm wrote: From what's been reported, we have played hoof ball but I haven't heard much of us being fired up and pressing harder except for a few games.

I certainly agree with the spirit of your overall sentiments mango.
I suppose, maybe we never pressed hard, but even in dire times, we used to nick points from technically superior teams simply by hoofing the ball forward and having that desire to attack. A good ole fashioned kick up the proverbial arse is what this team needs. Maybe the focus was too much on the style of football that the players are too focused on that, rather than just getting the ball forward.

I've watched enough football to see that a lot of teams have, at some point or other, inexplicable collapsed during games. Total control one minute and then when things go against them, they can't get back in the game. You replay any match, under the same conditions with the same players, you would get different results. That's football. March on to Tuesday.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Same sentiments here Mango,bit disappointing with second
HALF! Display. Roll on Tuesday and we're due a win or two.
An open game will certainly suit all concerned.
I suppose it is about time for the young 'un's.
Next few weeks should decide or season.
MOTliam
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MOTliam »

Unfortunately caught none of the game. From reading on here it seems like a lack of being able to keep it together for 90minutes might hurt us this season?

In the games I've seen in person and on the box this year we look brilliant when we're playing well; a team that could compete with anyone in this division and with a few more players compete with most teams in the bottom third of the premier league. It's a shame we can't play at that level all game.

Anyone got any player ratings?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

MOTliam wrote:Unfortunately caught none of the game. From reading on here it seems like a lack of being able to keep it together for 90minutes might hurt us this season?

In the games I've seen in person and on the box this year we look brilliant when we're playing well; a team that could compete with anyone in this division and with a few more players compete with most teams in the bottom third of the premier league. It's a shame we can't play at that level all game.

Anyone got any player ratings?
Indeed Liam we have more quality in our squad than we've had in a long time, a bit of tweetering in three or four positions & yes we could be a force to be reckoned with, we are certainly looking more solid at home !
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Guildford White wrote:Errm - "fucked integer"? I assume it's an autocorrect thing, but can't work out what it should have been
A level of mathematics of which you can but dream, Will :wink:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
MOTliam
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MOTliam »

1964white wrote:
Indeed Liam we have more quality in our squad than we've had in a long time, a bit of tweetering in three or four positions & yes we could be a force to be reckoned with, we are certainly looking more solid at home !
Long may it continue!
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Martyn »

1964white wrote:
Tweetering?
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Martyn »

Gino 1959 wrote: A level of mathematics of which you can but dream, Will :wink:
I decided that the integer in question was a single digit
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

For me this was simply a case of us having too many players that weren't used to playing against long ball tactics. We have a lot of new players that have come in from abroad and likely wouldn't have faced this tactic, likewise our youngsters, Mowatt and Cook have probably not come up against it as generally youth teams are always encouraged to play football rather than hoofball. As such it is a lesson learnt for all of them that they need to keep their composure and carry on playing their way and simply starve the opposition by keeping hold of the ball.

We panicked, simple. I have played in a team where we were 5-1 up with 20 minutes to go. Suddenly the opposition just launched long ball after long ball. Every time we cleared it it came straight back, we simply couldn't keep possession. Every loose ball seemed to fall for them, every time we got it clear our strikers tried to run with the ball and simply gave possession away (like Doukara did) instead of keeping hold of the ball. We lost the game 6-5. Once panic sets in you forget to do the basics, forget to do what brought you earlier success. You feel like it is just wave after wave of attack coming at you. These players will learn from it and will deal with it better next time.