Leeds v Fulham - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Looking forward to this one & hoping we bounce back from the very poor performance at Portman Road last Saturday, the Cottagers will be looking to do the same after their humuliating home defeat so both sides have alot of pride to play for to appease themselves & the respective fans

If Bellusci is fit i would go with the same team that started v Derby

Hoping beyond hope Ross doesn't come back to haunt us, he'll certainly be up for it there can be no doubt about that !
CptCrash
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @foxobilly

Re: Leeds v Fulham - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by CptCrash »

I feel Cook needs a rest so would put Rudy in there. Agree that JP drops out if Bellusci is fit (where is the racism case btw?). Very tempted to start with Sharp but Doukara does bring something in this system so maybe Sharp from the bench again - feel for him tho'.

Close game, don't want to look at the league table too closely if we lose!

Anyone know anything about Aidy White?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

CptCrash wrote:
Anyone know anything about Aidy White?
He's not very good :wink:
LufcTom
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by LufcTom »

1964white wrote:
He's not very good :wink:
That tickled me! Hahahaa. .. But yeahh bellusci if he's fit instead of pearce. Hopefully since ross seems to be on the left byram can keep him quiet :D. But he will be looking for a goal!
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Dont really know much about the rest of the fulham team other than ross as theres been so many changes since their prem days. And for me id also like to see sharp start but feel itll be another douks and anti attack.

Got tickets for this, will be taking my lass too for her first elland road experience, hoping to clutch her away from her dads man united clutches. a modern day romeo and juliet. HA few weeks ago i was going to shave my beard off, but then in a drunk statement (after which i had declared my love for antenucci, and that i wanted him to sign my beard) I made the choice for keep it for every single week that he scored. 2 weeks later i still have it. My girlfriend is a big fan of the beard so she will be chearing antenucci on and im hoping this will only aid me in the quest of making her a leeds fan.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Brader wrote:Dont really know much about the rest of the fulham team other than ross as theres been so many changes since their prem days. And for me id also like to see sharp start but feel itll be another douks and anti attack.

Got tickets for this, will be taking my lass too for her first elland road experience, hoping to clutch her away from her dads man united clutches. a modern day romeo and juliet. HA few weeks ago i was going to shave my beard off, but then in a drunk statement (after which i had declared my love for antenucci, and that i wanted him to sign my beard) I made the choice for keep it for every single week that he scored. 2 weeks later i still have it. My girlfriend is a big fan of the beard so she will be chearing antenucci on and im hoping this will only aid me in the quest of making her a leeds fan.
The Antenucci look should do the trick Brader :lol:
CptCrash
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @foxobilly

Post by CptCrash »

And I for one will be giving Rossco a genuinely :clapshout: good reception.
gessa

Post by gessa »

I will warmly applaud along with the vast majority for a player who scored all those goals last season, which will hopefully lead to £11 m being put in the coffers, once the whistle goes though he is as much the enemy as their other players.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

Would like to see Sharp given a start.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

1964white wrote: The Antenucci look should do the trick Brader :lol:
I had this look long before he did. If anything, he owes me
MOTliam
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MOTliam »

I think I've finally got a weekend free so I'm looking forward to watching the game (online - can't afford to get to Leeds this month) and contributing to this thread. As an original advocate of making the matchday thread more active and somewhere I can just poke my head in and get a feel for how we're doing on my phone it's been brilliant recently. Major thanks to all who've contributed so far!

I'm going for a solid 2-0. Goals from Antenucci, and Adryan to get his first.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Oh dear Bellusci is a major doubt for this game so it looks like JP will be showing us his quality football skills at the heart of our defence :roll:
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

That improves our chances :tup:
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
gessa

Post by gessa »

LufcTom wrote:
Hopefully since ross seems to be on the left byram can keep him quiet :D. But he will be looking for a goal!
Just have a feeling Ross may try a little too hard, with nothing going his way....leading him to be subbed off after an hour or so.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

It will be very interesting to see what reception Ross gets.....I cant see it been anything other than mixed. Personally, if I was in attendance, I wouldnt boo or applaud him. Booing is wrong as he gave an awful lot for us when here but conversely I am not gonna applaud someone who, despite he's efforts in a white shirt, is now playing for the opposition. I would leave my applause for ex leeds players who are genuine LUFC legends......I wouldn't personally place Ross in that category.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

As you imply Gurj booing is a horrible trait, fans shouldn't boo their own players & I always think when our fans deride the opposition players it can inspire them to play even better which backfires on us if they prove to be influential in a game
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:
Just have a feeling Ross may try a little too hard, with nothing going his way....leading him to be subbed off after an hour or so.
I really do hope so or we know what is on horizon mate :roll:
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote:As you imply Gurj booing is a horrible trait, fans shouldn't boo their own players & I always think when our fans deride the opposition players it can inspire them to play even better which backfires on us if they prove to be influential in a game
Think that would be particularly so for McCormack. He'll want to prove to the fans/Cellino that he was worth the money/should have been kept...

Hoping for a good game and a good stream! This FL beamback thing is really helping - there seem to be streams for most games now.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

From Square Ball

Massimo Cellino won the Ross McCormack battle, but he won it under false pretences,
and its overall influence on the course of the war will be negligible. The club, basically,
told lies about McCormack as he headed for the exit; and Cellino admitted it was done
to teach McCormack a lesson. There was no refusal from McCormack to travel to pre-season
training in Italy; he’d been told to travel to Fulham for a medical. Nevertheless,
thousands of people believed the version that has McCormack turning his back on the club
and leaving us to our Hockafate; people preferred to believe new president Massimo Cellino
over top-scorer and player of the year Ross McCormack. When the sympathies are with
the board ahead of the players, that says there’s something messed up about people’s
priorities at our football club.

Both Smith and Ross have kept very quite since their move from Leeds. Smith is at Bristol
but most likely wishing he were still at Leeds. It was a strange time at Leeds when both he and
Domenic Poleon were both offered new contracts and then in the blink of an eye were sold.
And we all give praise to the executioner, the hatchet man for making the cuts.

Today's football game will not go well for us...
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

rab_rant wrote:Both Smith and Ross have kept very quite since their move from Leeds. Smith is at Bristol
but most likely wishing he were still at Leeds. It was a strange time at Leeds when both he and
Domenic Poleon were both offered new contracts and then in the blink of an eye were sold.
And we all give praise to the executioner, the hatchet man for making the cuts.

Today's football game will not go well for us...
Yeah, the sale of Smith was a funny one for all parties. Not sure what he would bring to that Fulham team, we lost the only height in the squad and Smith was unlikely to get much game time considering the £21m of strikers already on the books.

Not fussed about Poleon tbh, he never lived up to his potential. I think new contracts are mooted to push up fees sometimes.

I wasn't sure about the story of Ross refusing to go on tour/forcing a move. Cellino wouldn't have wanted someone on massive wages (as he almost certainly was) and, despite it clearly making us weaker, he needed to cut costs. Ross was unfit though, Magath said as much when he arrived.

I hope he doesn't come back to bite us in the arse, but our defence seem better at containing his kind of play. They struggle against big lads and balls into the box.