FIFA Officials Arrested In Zurich

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

FIFA Officials Arrested In Zurich

Post by 1964white »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32895057

Hopefully this currupt lot are getting there comeuppance

Football League next please
1964white

Re: FIFA Officials Arrested In Zurich After Dawn Raid

Post by 1964white »

Sepp Blatter not one of the six arrested :(

However one of those connected with the shambolic choice of the next World Cup venue is arrested
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

FIFA Officials Arrested In Zurich After Dawn Raid

Post by Dr.Leeds »

Excellent timing. Hopefully this will impact on Blatter's re-election as FIFA president.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

And in other news, the Pope is discovered to be Catholic.
barryanorak
Manager
Manager

Post by barryanorak »

As has been said, many times, many places., I can't believe it's not Blatter..
Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...

andywatson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by andywatson »

I can't believe they only arrested 6.
Wise.......well lets just say I TOLD YOU SO
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

barryanorak wrote:As has been said, many times, many places., I can't believe it's not Blatter..
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

It hardly comes as a shock does it? Other than Blatter's current non-involvement.

But, I don't get where the US has any jurisdiction over the matter???
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
andywatson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by andywatson »

HarryofOz wrote:It hardly comes as a shock does it? Other than Blatter's current non-involvement.

But, I don't get where the US has any jurisdiction over the matter???
The crimes being investigated took place in the US, and the money was paid through an American bank.

Those weird things the Americans have really serious federal laws on, so they are up for stuff like racketeering.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

andywatson wrote:
The crimes being investigated took place in the US, and the money was paid through an American bank.

Those weird things the Americans have really serious federal laws on, so they are up for stuff like racketeering.
Cheers Andy
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team

Post by woodfordwhites »

hehe your winnings sir
1964white

Re: FIFA Officials Arrested In Zurich/UPDATE

Post by 1964white »

Blatter re-elected :(

I suspect the corrupt African nations have voted this little squirt back in
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Post by drsdadsotherson »

Best hope is that this 'election' is freshly drenched in corruption and that the evidence is bobbing on the surface for the FBI to find.
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Post by Drs.Dad »

I have just read an article in The Scratching Shed, which proposes a different solution to this problem, that of UEFA and the North American bloc withdrawing from FIFA, thereby starving the corrupt organization of what it most desires....... money,

http://www.thescratchingshed.com/2015/0 ... s-nuclear/

Works for me!
:tup:
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Post by drsdadsotherson »

America could go it alone and have their own World Cup against themselves.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

1964white wrote:Blatter re-elected :(

I suspect the corrupt African nations have voted this little squirt back in
FIFA members will get what they deserve now.
andywatson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by andywatson »

Drs.Dad wrote:I have just read an article in The Scratching Shed, which proposes a different solution to this problem, that of UEFA and the North American bloc withdrawing from FIFA, thereby starving the corrupt organization of what it most desires....... money,

http://www.thescratchingshed.com/2015/0 ... s-nuclear/

Works for me!
:tup:
There was an interview on the radio tonight from some financial guy involved in US football. The first thing he made clear is the US are after FIFAs blood due to the world cup going to Qatar. The Americans feel they have been stitched up royally.

However, what was more interesting was some of the potential ramifications of the US investigation. One of the things that can come out of this is if the corruption is judged to be endemic, and cannot be changed, that FIFA could be designated a criminal organisation (or something similar- I forget the absolute specifics). The impact of this would be no American companies would be able to trade with FIFA in any way. Bang goes a s**t load of money. This guy was saying that even if the US can't bring the top people in FIFA down through plea bargaining (which another barrister said was the FBI methodology, and they have Chuck Blazer working as a super grass), they can still basically cripple the organisation. The US authorities are in a very strong, and unique, position here. Their international companies are major contributors to world football, but at the same time most Americans wouldn't really care too much if the US soccer team didn't compete in the World Cup.

This one will run and run.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

andywatson wrote:
There was an interview on the radio tonight from some financial guy involved in US football. The first thing he made clear is the US are after FIFAs blood due to the world cup going to Qatar. The Americans feel they have been stitched up royally.

However, what was more interesting was some of the potential ramifications of the US investigation. One of the things that can come out of this is if the corruption is judged to be endemic, and cannot be changed, that FIFA could be designated a criminal organisation (or something similar- I forget the absolute specifics). The impact of this would be no American companies would be able to trade with FIFA in any way. Bang goes a s**t load of money. This guy was saying that even if the US can't bring the top people in FIFA down through plea bargaining (which another barrister said was the FBI methodology, and they have Chuck Blazer working as a super grass), they can still basically cripple the organisation. The US authorities are in a very strong, and unique, position here. Their international companies are major contributors to world football, but at the same time most Americans wouldn't really care too much if the US soccer team didn't compete in the World Cup.

This one will run and run.
I heard a similar interview yesterday :tup:
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Personally feel UEFA and all the other bodies who don't want Blatter should break away and form their own organisation. So what if there isn't a world cup for a year, all that will be left in FIFA is African and Asian organisations mainly (unsure how S America will have voted) - who won't be drawing in much money anyway. I find it crazy that the African nations get more votes than European ones - doesn't seem fair given the size and influence of countries such as Germany, Spain, France, UK etc.