Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Supporting Leeds

Post by 1964white »

MissSurreyWhite wrote:Started supporting Leeds in 1972. FA Cup Final.
Also followed my home town team Scarborough when they were semi-pro and then into the old Division 4 (under Warnock).
Sadly now gone. Hope its the only one?!
Welcome aboard Miss SurreyWhite, another lady to go along with Becchio Bear, Whiteswan, LUFCRACE & Mrs 64 of course to keep us fella's in order :-D

Scarborough is only 20 miles away from us. Saw a few games there, as you say such a shame the ground doesn't exist anymore. Visited your hometown a few weeks ago
MissSurreyWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MissSurreyWhite »

I am on the TeamTalk Forum but that format took a dive this year with its emphasis on the Premiership, and it lost so many Leeds posters, so wanted to find another LUFC forum.

I purposely added the 'Miss' as there is an assumption that posters are male! :-)

Looking forward to chatting to the 'tribe'.

MOT
1964white

Post by 1964white »

MissSurreyWhite wrote:I am on the TeamTalk Forum but that format took a dive this year with its emphasis on the Premiership, and it lost so many Leeds posters, so wanted to find another LUFC forum.

I purposely added the 'Miss' as there is an assumption that posters are male! :-)

Looking forward to chatting to the 'tribe'.

MOT
I would say this is the most friendliest forum

Enjoy MOT Miss SW :tup:
MissSurreyWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

I don't have a pet for my moniker - maybe a selfie isn't he right thing to use!
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Welcome aboard, Miss SW! Enjoy the forum; as Leon (64) says, we're a friendly bunch and none of us bite. Unless you ask nicely!! :wink:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

MissSurreyWhite wrote:I don't have a pet for my moniker - maybe a selfie isn't he right thing to use!
And I was trying to work out who is the actress/comedian in your avatar :wink:
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

MSW, welcome to the best Leeds United forum on the internetwebz!
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

MissSurreyWhite wrote:Started supporting Leeds in 1972. FA Cup Final.
Also followed my home town team Scarborough when they were semi-pro and then into the old Division 4 (under Warnock).
Sadly now gone. Hope its the only one?!

OK I should be the only White from Surrey on the forum....Admin I object!!

erm Welcome anyway
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
MissSurreyWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

But your located in 'Gods own county'?
I am born and bred there I just 'appen to live down here now!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Yorkshire, I think, is god's own country, I made Surrey god's own county. I was born in Essex but moved to surrey aged 1
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

faaip wrote:Yorkshire, I think, is god's own country, I made Surrey god's own county. I was born in Essex but moved to surrey aged 1

and I'm still there...though I support Hampshire...and Leeds .....and most importantly THE

NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Quick hello from a newbie on the forum

Long time lurker having used the site primarily to keep up to date with match reports and gossip from people who are much closer to the action than me, always find the team reports and ratings from regular match goers a great insight and there seems to be much more balance about comments than some other sites!

Lifelong supporter of Leeds but watched most regularly when we were in the old second division with our succession of ex players as managers. Favorite player ever - John Sheridan, saw him score some great goals in to the Kop end and loved to get a foot in! Best player I think I've seen (despite where he ended up) must be Rio - when you watched him live you fully appreciated how well he read the game and squashed any danger before it became a problem.

As the name suggests I'm now down in Norfolk (Norwich) and get to Carrow Road fairly regularly to keep an eye on Jonny!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Quick hello from a newbie on the forum

Long time lurker having used the site primarily to keep up to date with match reports and gossip from people who are much closer to the action than me, always find the team reports and ratings from regular match goers a great insight and there seems to be much more balance about comments than some other sites!

Lifelong supporter of Leeds but watched most regularly when we were in the old second division with our succession of ex players as managers. Favorite player ever - John Sheridan, saw him score some great goals in to the Kop end and loved to get a foot in! Best player I think I've seen (despite where he ended up) must be Rio - when you watched him live you fully appreciated how well he read the game and squashed any danger before it became a problem.

As the name suggests I'm now down in Norfolk (Norwich) and get to Carrow Road fairly regularly to keep an eye on Jonny!
Welcome to MOT Norfolk White & thank you for the nice comments about our forum :tup:

Sheridan was a hell of a player & i agree with you on Rio, one of the most cultured centre-backs I've witnessed in my 54 years watching football.

I'll be down in lovely Norfolk on Saturday November 5th :scarf1:
LUFC 1966
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by LUFC 1966 »

Earliest Leeds memory was 1970 cup final when we lost to Chelski . jumped for joy in 1972 when we beat the Arsenal. Cried tears in 1973 when we lost to Sunderland. Hated Beckenbauer when we lost the European cup final. Emigrated to SA in 1977 so followed frm afar. First stop in 2001 when I came back was Leeds v Liverpool cup match lost 2-1 Barmby and Heskey scored. Regular attendee since 2001 and season ticket holder past 6 seasons..... seen the good (o'leary's team/Grayson's team) the bad (Blackwell) and the ugly (warnock and Evans ).... extremely hopeful for the Monk era to be successful.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

LUFC 1966 wrote:Earliest Leeds memory was 1970 cup final when we lost to Chelski . jumped for joy in 1972 when we beat the Arsenal. Cried tears in 1973 when we lost to Sunderland. Hated Beckenbauer when we lost the European cup final. Emigrated to SA in 1977 so followed frm afar. First stop in 2001 when I came back was Leeds v Liverpool cup match lost 2-1 Barmby and Heskey scored. Regular attendee since 2001 and season ticket holder past 6 seasons..... seen the good (o'leary's team/Grayson's team) the bad (Blackwell) and the ugly (warnock and Evans ).... extremely hopeful for the Monk era to be successful.
Welcome '66 again :tup:
gotagetz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by gotagetz »

Only club ive ever supported and at 52 won't support any other. Don't get much chance to go to games the last was at the Emirates where I managed to get a ticket to sit with the home fans. Ironically I live in Cambridge and have managed to get a ticket for Monday. ...yes with the home fans once again.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gotagetz wrote:Only club ive ever supported and at 52 won't support any other. Don't get much chance to go to games the last was at the Emirates where I managed to get a ticket to sit with the home fans. Ironically I live in Cambridge and have managed to get a ticket for Monday. ...yes with the home fans once again.
Welcome to MOT :tup:

I'll wave to you at Cambridge :wink:
gotagetz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by gotagetz »

Cheers, gonna make sure I leave work on time....hopefully a pint before and after kick off. There's quite a few of us on the home stands......
gessa

Post by gessa »

gotagetz wrote:Cheers, gonna make sure I leave work on time....hopefully a pint before and after kick off. There's quite a few of us on the home stands......

Welcome to the forum mate. Enjoy tonight, I think you're right, quite a few local Leeds fans in the home end tonight.
gotagetz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by gotagetz »

Think I must have been the only one in the habbin stand. Enjoyed it but we were shocking first half