Leeds v Barnsley - Team/News/Reports

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
rab_rant

Re: Leeds v Barnsley - Team/News/Reports

Post by rab_rant »

Viera stripped to come on Dallas off
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

last minute of normal time.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

4 min extra time. Talyor cautioned
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Pope and Whealan are pissing themselves.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

1 minute left
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

2-1 despite the Ref
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Get in Leeeeeeeeeeddddds what a great win and well deserved MOT
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Big win 2-1
Jansson a rock
Phillips very cleaver
Hernandez tricky dicky

Great exciting game
11th in the table
4 places of a play off position
with 4 points in it.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Sounded a cracking game ..especially the last hour. Jansson and Bartley immense, Sacko so skillfull, Hernandez the architect. O'Kane provided the solidity and base
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Don't look now folks but we're beginning to play as a team
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

If we get last seasons Beradi back then this defence could be the best in the division 
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Just listened to Pontus interview and I thought he was sounding like Arnold Schwarzenegger.
He is off to Sweden now but he said I'll be back I think we should call him
Pontus "the terminator" Jansson
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

More hope for this season faaip.
I'm glad we still have Monk - he deserves a lot more time and he's beginning to prove himself.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

We were not at our best yesterday, however, we found a way to win the match defensively we were superb as well. Garry is doing a great job, it's been a long time since I saw an atmosphere as good as the one yesterday, it's our best start to a season for 4 years :-D. The second half a fantastic 45 minutes of entertainment (both teams played well), first half not so much :lol:.
Player Ratings:
Green 5- At fault for the goal, however, thanks to our defence Green wasn't tested often.
Ayling 6- Caught out of position a few times.
Bartley 10- Man Of The Match Continues to improve scored, made an outstanding goal saving block with 2 minutes to go and was so calm throughout the game. A incredible defensive performance.
Jansson 9- The ability Pontus has on the ball is incredible, he is such an entertaining defender to watch he controlled the ball with his back at one point and won every battle. Incredible and I mean incredible block off the line at the end of the game. Unlucky not to be man of the match.
Taylor 8- Outstanding first half and got forward well, defensively he was superb as well. Charlie is starting to find his incredible form from 2015 over the last 3-4 games.
Phillips 6- A better performance, however, still one or two poor decisions.
O'Kane 8- Has so much energy, created the second goal with a superb pass to Hernandez, his range of passing is great as well. I have even started giving Eunan the nickname Eunan O'Kante
Sacko 6- Worked very hard, however, not a great game overall.
Hernandez 8- Scored 1 goal created another goal, great performance from Pablo.
Dallas 5- Created one chance, another quiet game.
Wood 7- Worked hard covering at right back at one point towards the end :lol:, didn't really get much service, however, made some very good runs and his link up play was good as well.
Substitutions:
Antonsson 5- We could have gone 3-1 up had a chance to pass to Wood who was free and would have had an open goal, decided to shoot and had the shot saved. His first touch doesn't impress me atm hopefully Marcus will improve :-D.
Roofe and Viera were not on pitch long enough to rate.
VLOG of the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDfi-TiULoQ
LUFC 1966
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by LUFC 1966 »

For the first time since the Grayson era I am enjoying watching our team. Yes they make us bite our nails when they concede late on and hang on but this is exciting me. My only worry is our lack of quality crosses into the box. My local Wood hater was back on form yesterday but I don't see what he did wrong . Overhit crosses blocked crosses nothing in his zone. At one point the ball was fizzed into him at knee level and he failed to control despite being man-handled by the centreback and my 'friend' launched into his usual tirade of abuse. He was greedy in one instance but I believe O'Kane would have been offside. Sacko is a talent but lacks a finish yet the game changed when he came off as it gave Barnsley licence to push on as we had no pace going the other way.

Still the defence has started to look like a unit. Midfield is ticking but still not progressive enough. Players tend to pass sideways and back rather than take the ball on the half-turn and get at teams. Upfront we need to support Wood and provide him with ammo. Dallas is a workhorse but has provided very little of a threat and Sacko lacks a finish. Much to admire but more work required. Onwards and upwards
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:If we get last seasons Beradi back then this defence could be the best in the division 
Can't argue with that statement :tup:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

LUFC 1966 wrote:My local Wood hater was back on form yesterday but I don't see what he did wrong . Overhit crosses blocked crosses nothing in his zone. At one point the ball was fizzed into him at knee level and he failed to control despite being man-handled by the centreback and my 'friend' launched into his usual tirade of abuse.
Why do a section of our fans lay into our players with such unnecessary abuse ?

I always remember a fan slagging off one of our greatest & most inspirational players Gordon Strachan down at Swindon when we won 5-0, unsure whether he got out of the ground without a good kicking as fans around me were so angry with his torrents of abuse :evil: he went down to the concourse at half-time & I never saw him return :oops:

Embarrassing !