Leeds v Norwich (league cup) - Team/News/Reports

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Leeds v Norwich (league cup) - Team/News/Reports

Post by 1964white »

An opportunity for Leeds to reach the quarter-finals of the League Cup

After saying that I suspect both managers will ring the changes

I'm guessing Monk's mind-thinking for this one :

Silvestri

Berardi Bartley Cooper Taylor

O'Kane Vieira

Roofe Phillips Mowatt

Doukara

Subs : Green Coyle Jansson Grimes Sacko Wood Antonsson
1964white

Re: Leeds v Norwich (league cup) - Team/News/Reports

Post by 1964white »

There should be a stream of our cup game
Screenshot 2016-10-24 at 12.50.29.png
gessa

Post by gessa »

Doukara has shown time again he can't play the lone striker role, not sure if Berardi is ready yet as he's not made the bench yet but would put him in if he is.

Silvestri

Ayling Bartley Cooper Denton

O'Kane Vieira

Sacko Phillips Roofe

Antonsson

Subs : Green Coyle Jansson Grimes Mowatt Wood Taylor

If Berardi is fit put him in and drop Ayling to the bench instead of Coyle.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Agree Gessa, give Ayling a rest and bring in Berardi. Id also, like yourself, be tempted to give young Denton another game at LB for Charlie. In fact, l like the look of most of your team, only change possibly, playing Pablo (if fit) for Roofe maybe, although balance wise that does mean someone out of position on the left.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

First of the double header for me so I can have bragging rights over all the Canaries fans :tup:

Bit of a tricky one for me as if we win this one we have a good chance of a big tie next round but our squad doesn't really have the depth to cope with all the fixtures. I reckon Norwich will use some of their fringe players and we should do the same - so

Silvestri
Coyle
Bartley
Cooper
Denton
O'Kane
Viera
Sacko
Hernandez (if fit)
Roofe
Antonsson

Subs
Mowatt
Taylor
Wood
Jansson
Green
Phillips
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Picture2.png
Picture2.png (241.45 KiB) Viewed 13618 times
I hope we set up in a similar way to how we did at Wolves formation wise. Norwich's best attacking players are Hoolahan (best player in the league), Pritchard and Howson (injured) Norwich may be resting players, however, I think at least one of those two will play. Norwich appear to be a 4-2-3-1 team like us and clearly on paper are a better team than us so we need to adjust our system and play a 4-3-3, however, our wingers play more centrally. All of their wingers seem to cut inside to get goals rather than staying out wide, so it is vital that we absolutely pack the midfield to give them as little space as possible and to stop them from cutting inside and having shots at goals or finding through balls, if you give: Hoolahan, Pritchard, Murphy, Brady or Jarvis space they will cause us huge problems. We cannot afford to go for a
4-2-3-1 tonight in my opinion it's a recipe for disaster Hoolahan or Pritchard will be able to find the space too easily between Mowatt/Pablo and O'Kane/Viera.
The two full backs will hopefully be able to get forward especially Tyler Denton who appears to be a very similar left back to Charlie Taylor also appears to be good with both feet as well.
Roofe and Mowatt are 2 players who although they haven't been average at best so far this season, have shown already this season when they are more central they can cause a lot of problems for the opposition. I would tell the attacking 3 of: Mowatt, Roofe and Wood don't go anywhere near your own half just focus on winning us the game and sticking to your position. I think there is a massive goal threat with Roofe, Mowatt and Wood. Roofe can cut inside onto his right foot Mowatt can cut inside onto his left foot.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gary Shaw wrote:Picture2.png

I hope we set up in a similar way to how we did at Wolves formation wise. Norwich's best attacking players are Hoolahan (best player in the league), Pritchard and Howson (injured) Norwich may be resting players, however, I think at least one of those two will play. Norwich appear to be a 4-2-3-1 team like us and clearly on paper are a better team than us so we need to adjust our system and play a 4-3-3, however, our wingers play more centrally. All of their wingers seem to cut inside to get goals rather than staying out wide, so it is vital that we absolutely pack the midfield to give them as little space as possible and to stop them from cutting inside and having shots at goals or finding through balls, if you give: Hoolahan, Pritchard, Murphy, Brady or Jarvis space they will cause us huge problems. We cannot afford to go for a
4-2-3-1 tonight in my opinion it's a recipe for disaster Hoolahan or Pritchard will be able to find the space too easily between Mowatt/Pablo and O'Kane/Viera.
The two full backs will hopefully be able to get forward especially Tyler Denton who appears to be a very similar left back to Charlie Taylor also appears to be good with both feet as well.
Roofe and Mowatt are 2 players who although they haven't been average at best so far this season, have shown already this season when they are more central they can cause a lot of problems for the opposition. I would tell the attacking 3 of: Mowatt, Roofe and Wood don't go anywhere near your own half just focus on winning us the game and sticking to your position. I think there is a massive goal threat with Roofe, Mowatt and Wood. Roofe can cut inside onto his right foot Mowatt can cut inside onto his left foot.
Hope you are at ER tonight Oscar as I'm missing both Norwich & Burton games so I'm relying on you for a match report & Vlog of course :lol:
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

1964white wrote:Hope you are at ER tonight Oscar as I'm missing both Norwich & Burton games so I'm relying on you for a match report & Vlog of course :lol:
At the game tonight Leon going straight from University to the game tonight and at the Burton game so the VLOG returns :wink:. Really really wanted to do my first away VLOG of the season at Wolves, however, as me and my mate agreed it really wouldn't have been a good idea :lol: in the Wolves end plus I wouldn't have been able to talk about the game or offer a fans perspective of the game during the game.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gary Shaw wrote:At the game tonight Leon going straight from University to the game tonight and at the Burton game so the VLOG returns :wink:. Really really wanted to do my first away VLOG of the season at Wolves, however, as me and my mate agreed it really wouldn't have been a good idea :lol: in the Wolves end plus I wouldn't have been able to talk about the game or offer a fans perspective of the game during the game.
You made the correct decision Oscar :tup:

When you are in the home end you sit down & shut up :wink:
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Should we do well tonight and date I say beat Norwich are we doing more than well , and using the result positively and measuring our run against a very good and hard to beat side with a terrific young boss .? Or if wer'e beaten can we use this game as a real view as to how far we've come ? under GM this early season.Thoughts?.. thanks.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

paddy parrott wrote:Should we do well tonight and date I say beat Norwich are we doing more than well , and using the result positively and measuring our run against a very good and hard to beat side with a terrific young boss .? Or if wer'e beaten can we use this game as a real view as to how far we've come ? under GM this early season.Thoughts?.. thanks.
Will depend on what side both managers put out, paddy. But, on the basis that both teams field strong sides, then it will certainly be a good yardstick as to where we are/how we're progressing.

For what it's worth, I think Alex Neil is a horrible little pr**k, good manager or not! :wink:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Starting X1

Silvestri
Berardi
Bartley
Cooper
Coyle
Grimes
Mowatt
Vieira
Roofe
Doukara
Antonsson

Subs : Green Ayling Taylor O'Kane Phillips Sacko Wood
gessa

Post by gessa »

That's a lightweight midfield and why play a RB at LB, are we playing a 4-4-2, with Ant and Douks up top, not too hopeful now with that line up,
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:That's a lightweight midfield and why play a RB at LB, are we playing a 4-4-2, with Ant and Douks up top, not too hopeful now with that line up,
I think Coyle will start RB & Berardi on the left mate

I predicted eight of the starting X1 in my initial post on this thread :P
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Grimes for O'Kane... that is madness
But it looks like both teams are fielding 8 changes
So it is second strings for both teams.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote:Grimes for O'Kane... that is madness
But it looks like both teams are fielding 8 changes
So it is second strings for both teams.
Yes 8 changes for Norwich too :tup:
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:I think Coyle will start RB & Berardi on the left mate

I predicted eight of the starting X1 in my initial post on this thread :P
Agree but Berardi is much better on the right, very risky especially considering how long he's been out.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Am guessing both managers got together prior to announcing teams and agreed on both fielding weakened teams. Am guessing the club are looking at the possibility of Berardi stepping into Taylor's shoes if he is sold in January.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cooper makes an horrific error that nearly allows Norwich to score in the first 30 seconds

Need i say more :roll:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Torn apart from a break after a corner for us