Super League

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Super League

Post by whiteswan »

Norm wrote:Still graceful though
Charmer.... :-D
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

barf
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

faaip wrote:

barf
Oh ye of little faith :lol:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

This weeks fixtures

THURSDAY 16TH FEBRUARY 2017

Huddersfield Giants v Salford Red Devils

FRIDAY 17TH FEBRUARY 2017

Leigh Centurions v Leeds Rhinos :scarf1:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:This weeks fixtures

THURSDAY 16TH FEBRUARY 2017

Huddersfield Giants v Salford Red Devils

FRIDAY 17TH FEBRUARY 2017

Leigh Centurions v Leeds Rhinos :scarf1:
Both games on Sky 64....will watch the Leeds Rhino's :scarf1:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

It's not going to be as bad as last season, but the Rhinos will struggle this season, unless they improve their kicking game. Still missing King Kev badly. Liking the look of Parcell, though.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

Gandalf wrote:It's not going to be as bad as last season, but the Rhinos will struggle this season, unless they improve their kicking game. Still missing King Kev badly. Liking the look of Parcell, though.
think the rhinos miss peacock more than sinfield or maybe both players equal at least, peacock was a massive contributor to the rhinos , never went backwards and played for the full 80 mins if required giving 110% every game ,
as for last nights game thought leigh were short of ideas and fitness and looked very tired at the end , last season leigh bullied a lot of teams but in this league that wont work skill and fitness wins games , as they will find out as the season moves on , rhinos need a kicker as soon as possible
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Can I ask why Rhinos and who thought that was a good name?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

faaip wrote:

Can I ask why Rhinos and who thought that was a good name?
I don't know why the name but they already had one, the city/town of their location. I imagine it would be because the mighty Murdoch empire wanted English rugby league to fall in line with the American model of naming teams with a transferable brand name rather than the town/city/state where they're located. Franchising, that totally awful means of ensuring that none of the teams has a chance of relegation or promotion, would then ensure that, for example, the Bulls could not only be located in Bradford but, alternatively, in Halifax, Huddersfield, Doncaster or CleckHeckmondSedge, to name but a few.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I get Bulls but its been a while since there were Rhinos in the UK
1964white

Post by 1964white »

beer belly bert wrote:think the rhinos miss peacock more than sinfield or maybe both players equal at least, peacock was a massive contributor to the rhinos , never went backwards and played for the full 80 mins if required giving 110% every game ,
as for last nights game thought leigh were short of ideas and fitness and looked very tired at the end , last season leigh bullied a lot of teams but in this league that wont work skill and fitness wins games , as they will find out as the season moves on , rhinos need a kicker as soon as possible
Difficult to replace King Kev

There must be someone out there better than we currently have, cost us points big-time last season & will do again during 2017
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

1964white wrote:Difficult to replace King Kev

There must be someone out there better than we currently have, cost us points big-time last season & will do again during 2017
plenty of players out there Leon , the problem is the strict salary cap run by the rugby league and the rhinos are at the very top of it , they need to off load a few players (jones, McGuire , abblet ) all injury prone and getting old , we used to get around the salary cap by dual coding the players and getting yorks Carnegie to pay some players wages as Hetherington is in charge of both teams but the league got wise to it and stopped it . get rid of any of the 3 mentioned players and that would free up a massive salary drop and enable the club to bring in better players.
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
1964white

Post by 1964white »

beer belly bert wrote:plenty of players out there Leon , the problem is the strict salary cap run by the rugby league and the rhinos are at the very top of it , they need to off load a few players (jones, McGuire , abblet ) all injury prone and getting old , we used to get around the salary cap by dual coding the players and getting yorks Carnegie to pay some players wages as Hetherington is in charge of both teams but the league got wise to it and stopped it . get rid of any of the 3 mentioned players and that would free up a massive salary drop and enable the club to bring in better players.
Interesting Bert

The way to go then if we are to progress in the Super League
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote:Can I ask why Rhinos and who thought that was a good name?
Same with Wildcats faaip. At least Wakefield Trinity kept the Trinity bit and became Wakefield Trinity Wildcats. I'm pleased to say that this season they've dropped the wildcats bit, have gone back to the original Wakefield badge on the shirts with the name Wakefield Trinity as it should be! :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2017-03-02 at 19.25.01.png
Top of the Super League Castleford Tigers play 5th place Leeds Rhinos at the Jungle tonight

Always a tough game v Cas, should be an intriguing encounter
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Castleford v Rhinos tonight on Sky. Hope the Rhino's stick their horn into the tigers were it hurts :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Leeds having a torrid time! Two tries against them one on the right wing, one on the left wing. 10 - 0 with 12 mins gone
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I feel a battering cominhg on

Cas play like the Rhino's use to do a few years ago. Some fantastic offloads, make it look so easy when the attack the Leeds back-line, defensively we look shot, not that good going forward so far !

10-0
1964white

Post by 1964white »

We are hopeless

Going for a 40 to 50 scoreline for the tigers