Claudio Ranieri/Leicester

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Claudio Ranieri/Leicester

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Sacked. Ridiculous by Leicester board to sack the man who won them the league.

Football club owners need to take a long hard look at themselves, this is disgraceful.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Re: Claudio Ranieri

Post by Gurj »

An absolute disgrace !!

Seldom have I ever felt so angry as a neutral to a football decision !

He brought them a miracle that we will never see again in our lifetimes yet this is how they treat him in he's hour of need.

Shame on you LCFC - hope you go down now.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

So much for LCFC board's 'unwavering support'....Football never fails to astound me

Ranieri is such a lovely man I was rooting for him to save the Foxes from the dreaded drop, now I hope they get their just rewards & suffer relegation

Shame on you the Leicester board :x
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I agree with you guys 100%.
I understand Kante had a clause allowing him to go but the board should have tried harder to keep him at least until they had someone who could have a chance at replacing him. He's made Chelsea sing this season.
I feel sorry for the team members but I think the club is morally bankrupt.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Distinct lack of class from LCFC. Ranieri brought them a sporting miracle last season and, in the process, stuffed one up the big boys. He deserved so much better, but this is, sadly, atypical of modern football.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Massive shame he was like a breath of fresh air last year and what he and his team achieved was nothing short of a miracle, really sorry it's come to this :cry:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
gessa

Post by gessa »

Can only agree with what's been said before.
Poor from the LCFC board.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

Ridiculous decision
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Agree with everyone of you. An absolute disgrace. I look forward to seeing them relegated.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Absolutely disgusting. Admittedly they are struggling in the league. But two seasons ago he saved them from relegation. Last season he won their first top division title ever and got them into the Champions League for the first time ever. And despite their poor league form he has taken them to the knock-out stages of the Champions League with a narrow 2-1 away defeat giving them a good chance of progressing.

Good luck getting a replacement manager who is anywhere near as good as Ranieri. Who would even take the chance given the level of expectations that the Board has shown that it has.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Seems like the players have played a big part in this, apparently had a meeting with the owners after Sevilla game and told them they wanted him gone.......now if that's true that is a real disgrace. I can almost see the decision to get rid of Ranieri as LCFC look doomed on the current run and owners can only change managers, not saying it's right but I can see why......but if the players have stuck the knife in that's a whole different ball game. Ranieri gave those players something that most (all?) could never dream of and should have fought to their last breath for him - but to me they have looked at times like their egos believed the hype this season and they believed they were better than they were and stopped doing the things that brought them success in the first place.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Seems like the players have played a big part in this, apparently had a meeting with the owners after Sevilla game and told them they wanted him gone.......now if that's true that is a real disgrace. I can almost see the decision to get rid of Ranieri as LCFC look doomed on the current run and owners can only change managers, not saying it's right but I can see why......but if the players have stuck the knife in that's a whole different ball game. Ranieri gave those players something that most (all?) could never dream of and should have fought to their last breath for him - but to me they have looked at times like their egos believed the hype this season and they believed they were better than they were and stopped doing the things that brought them success in the first place.
The Leicester players need to take a long hard look at themselves & their ego's/inadequacies which has led to the moronic board panicking in making such a decision

Really hope they go down now !
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

I'm not a big football fan like Leon is but I really hope Leicester go down now

Claudio always behaved like a true gentleman on camera & made me smile in his interviews, a breathe of fresh air in the greedy world of football

He can now take it easy away from the egotistic owners & players he's worked miracles with in his managerial career at Leicester
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Leicester remind me of Howard Wilkinson' team that fell apart the season after we won the title...we were very lucky not to have gone down.

Ranieri should have had the chance to win the CL but I guess if he had sacking him gets much harder and this way they can say we'll never know. If Leicester get relegated now they can say it was too late for the new guy, if they stay up they can say they made the right decision. I don't think anyone thinks they'll win the CL with maybe the semis as the limit of expectation
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ranieri has won 1 major title in 20 years as manager and Greece national team couldn't get rid of him fast enough. Also curious that he took Monaco to the Ligue 2 title and then finished runner up top level the following season and was just let go.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

faaip wrote:

Leicester remind me of Howard Wilkinson' team that fell apart the season after we won the title...we were very lucky not to have gone down.

Ranieri should have had the chance to win the CL but I guess if he had sacking him gets much harder and this way they can say we'll never know. If Leicester get relegated now they can say it was too late for the new guy, if they stay up they can say they made the right decision. I don't think anyone thinks they'll win the CL with maybe the semis as the limit of expectation
So many parallels - 1 major player sold, no away wins, hovering above the drop zone but there were some overall differences.

Ranieri benefitted from Pearson's late efforts to keep LCFC in the EPL and, arguably, got lucky for 1 season in being able to let a hungry group of players come together in a 'perfect storm' which propelled them to the title.
Wilkinson had a few years of building a solid team, including one to get us promoted from the 2nd Division, then he changed it to perhaps peak too early, by his own admission, and win the title.

The season after was the same though, as you say we were lucky not to get relegated. Something went off the boil.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Typical !

Leicester lead the scousers....Vardy got his shooting boots back on
1964white

Re: Claudio Ranieri/Leicester

Post by 1964white »

2-0

Stunning strike from Drinkwater
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I wonder what the owners will be saying
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Dead cat bounce