Where & why have they all gone ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Where & why have they all gone ?

Post by Gino 1959 »

dezzy wrote:I might be wrong and it's certainly not directed at anybody here personally but we're people hunted out?
:tup:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Gino 1959 wrote::tup:
Do expand spud.... a thumbs up is not enough :? :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Whitecapswhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Whitecapswhite »

What he's saying is, it's like taking a photo....

Okay close in, get closer, come on I need you closer, great.....smile.......clique. I mean click.

Not bad, not good, not right, not wrong, it's just what developes.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Who exactly has been hunted off the forum? I know a few fallings out amongst posters led to one or other quitting the site, but having been around for the last 6 years, I'm certainly unaware of there ever having been a concerted effort to hound someone off the board
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
hector

Post by hector »

lufc1304 wrote:Who exactly has been hunted off the forum? I know a few fallings out amongst posters led to one or other quitting the site, but having been around for the last 6 years, I'm certainly unaware of there ever having been a concerted effort to hound someone off the board

Agree with that in general... apart from 1 thing...

I feel Twiggs was hounded out of his own forum....... although the majority of those that did it are not on here now...
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

hector wrote:Agree with that in general... apart from 1 thing...

I feel Twiggs was hounded out of his own forum....... although the majority of those that did it are not on here now...
Tbh, hector, whilst I remember Twiggs going, I can't remember all the circumstances surrounding his departure. Though I recall the forum being a pretty grim place for a few months with a lot of big posters tearing into each other. For what it's worth, the forum now is a nicer place to be. Perhaps that's why we lose people on a regular basis, the lack of spark or fire, but personally I'm too old for playground fallouts or keyboard warriors. I come on here to read and comment on my team, have a bit of craic with the games etc and that's it. If I want a fight, I can talk to the wife!!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Twiggs was the master of his own downful..but never hounded out. He just lost every ounce of credibilty which he should have defended, at least here,

Riot just got pissed off and we weren't anti Celino enough for GW. Which is understandable
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

faaip wrote:Twiggs was the master of his own downful..but never hounded out. He just lost every ounce of credibilty which he should have defended, at least here,

Riot just got pissed off and we weren't anti Celino enough for GW. Which is understandable
I wonder what Martyn (GW) thinks of Cellino these days? Whatever his myriad faults, he's let Monk get on with it this season and the results are there to see. Does he post on waccoe?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

He does and still as anti Cellino as ever...I got called out this morning by someone with no real point but ignored it. Any post even offering the slightest Cellino approval is shot down and jumped on by those not in agreement, usually with no real argument and then closed by the less than impartial mods.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote:Do expand spud.... a thumbs up is not enough :? :bear:
I reckon Gino's comment is aimed at me however I plead not guilty

If I've offended him in any way I apologise
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

or me. as do I ....as do I
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote:Tbh, hector, whilst I remember Twiggs going, I can't remember all the circumstances surrounding his departure. Though I recall the forum being a pretty grim place for a few months with a lot of big posters tearing into each other For what it's worth, the forum now is a nicer place to be. Perhaps that's why we lose people on a regular basis, the lack of spark or fire, but personally I'm too old for playground fallouts or keyboard warriors. I come on here to read and comment on my team, have a bit of craic with the games etc and that's it. If I want a fight, I can talk to the wife!!
:roflmao:

True Nick it wasn't pleasant whatsoever, as you say as we all become older I personally prefer the mellowness on this forum

Much more respect for one another on here nowadays. After saying that I miss the old members who made a great contribution on here away from the all the stirred up aggravation
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

I do too, Leon; GW, Riot and Gino in particular. Didn't always agree with their POV (Riot's unwavering support for Bates a case in point), but they all brought something to the forum.

We all face enough battles in life, spending my forum time arguing and name-calling over differences of opinion is not my idea of fun. I'll take the mellow version of MOTforum every time!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Riot got fed up with that idiot who decided to post an essay every time Riot posted. He went once Riot called it a day. Cracking poster Riot and the most missed here for me. even if I didn't agree with everything he said. His take on MC would be interesting at the very least...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

lufc1304 wrote:I do too, Leon; GW, Riot and Gino in particular. Didn't always agree with their POV (Riot's unwavering support for Bates a case in point), but they all brought something to the forum.

We all face enough battles in life, spending my forum time arguing and name-calling over differences of opinion is not my idea of fun. I'll take the mellow version of MOTforum every time!

It was never support but a tolerance and a open minded need to balance the argument. A true wordsmith.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

faaip wrote:It was never support but a tolerance and a open minded need to balance the argument. A true wordsmith.
My memory may be flawed, but it felt like his tolerance veered toward support to me. Either way, I agree re his eloquence, always loved reading his posts
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Riot got fed up with that idiot who decided to post an essay every time Riot posted. He went once Riot called it a day. Cracking poster Riot and the most missed here for me. even if I didn't agree with everything he said. His take on MC would be interesting at the very least...
What was the name of that idiot Faaip ?

Riot is a massive Ayling fan, he always posted up his love for attacking full-backs
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Can't remember but i think gessa will.

Not sure how to find the member lists here anymore either
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Can't remember but i think gessa will.

Not sure how to find the member lists here anymore either
Scroll down to bottom of page for Members link mate
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cheers and found him

Marko

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4812