Modou Barrow

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Modou Barrow

Post by The Subhuman »

Have to say everytime I've seen him play he's shown quality, certainly more than Sacko for me. He's half a season in to his jump up from the lower leagues and has yet to have a position set for him. There's no way I'd play him over a fit rested Hernandez though so I'd probably play him on the right side of midfield.

Vierra has to start imo too and Beradi to right back IF we want to incorporate Charlie Taylor when fit. (Jeez it's been so long I couldn't remember Taylor' first name there for a while)
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1 goal in 60 from Barrow.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:Must admit have been disappointed in Roofe this season given how well he had done previously. Shows how not everyone can make the jump up the divisions. Hopefully he will come good as he has shown glimpses just not 100% sure he fits in as either a winger or a no.10 in the current system.
Looked like a headless chicken in his last three outings v :

Barnsley............rating - 4/10
Sutton................rating - 3/10
Blackburn..........rating - 5/10
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:1 goal in 60 from Barrow.
Aye somewhat concerning stat for an attacking player
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Am guessing a lot of those appearances were as a sub as prior to his move to Swansea he has done well scoring wise.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

weasel wrote:Interesting how the arrival of 2 new wingers seemed to effect our 2 wingers that started in the positions yesterday. Dallas put in his usual hard working performance (for me he was the only player that did okay v Sutton) and capped it off with a cracking goal. Sacko on the other hand apparently looked like he couldn't be bothered, seemingly not interested in fighting to hold onto his starting place and was rightly subbed at half time - hoping it was just that he wasn't 100% fit after his lay-off rather than a self-defeatist attitude.
I think Sacko is starting to get ground down by the Championship. Happens to alot of new players from overseas their first season. His twitters show nothing about having a bad attitude, if that is anything to go by.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Just watched some youtube clips of our new wheelie bin

My god he is quick, very fast & seems to have good control of the ball unlike Sacko, he appears to have many assists to his name too 8-) any striker will surely benefit from his range of skills down the flanks
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:Just watched some youtube clips of our new wheelie bin

My god he is quick, very fast & seems to have good control of the ball unlike Sacko, he appears to have many assists to his name too 8-) any striker will surely benefit from his range of skills down the flanks
He's a Barrow not bin mate.

He wheelie is.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Thought for today.. The person behind the mechanism is what matters. i.e. The driver.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:He's a Barrow not bin mate.

He wheelie is.
:roflmao:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Another Matt Grimes :roll:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I did say our wheelie bin totally messed up which probably cost us two points at Fulham

Monk must have been cross with his latest signing as Barrow didn't make the bench today