Leeds v QPR - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds v QPR - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by weasel »

End of the day it is another point towards our final tally - if we had got battered like Sheff Wed, Reading or Newcastle did then I am sure some folks on here would be in meltdown. Our point, nearly 3 points, at Fulham looks a very decent point and if we'd simply gone toe to toe with them, like Newcastle probably did, we would have probably suffered a similar result or probably even worse.

We are right in the mix now with Reading, Sheff Wed and Fulham and just have to make sure that we do better than 1 of them, I said from a while ago that I saw Reading as the team with most chance of missing the play-offs as they have been poor whenever I have seen them and that may well be the case. We despite not playing well are picking up points and slowly getting towards the finishing line.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:End of the day it is another point towards our final tally - if we had got battered like Sheff Wed, Reading or Newcastle did then I am sure some folks on here would be in meltdown. Our point, nearly 3 points, at Fulham looks a very decent point and if we'd simply gone toe to toe with them, like Newcastle probably did, we would have probably suffered a similar result or probably even worse.

We are right in the mix now with Reading, Sheff Wed and Fulham and just have to make sure that we do better than 1 of them, I said from a while ago that I saw Reading as the team with most chance of missing the play-offs as they have been poor whenever I have seen them and that may well be the case. We despite not playing well are picking up points and slowly getting towards the finishing line.
Reading are the team I like to see Leeds face over two-legs, as you say the Royals are looking the likeliest to drop out although it all could change in the next few games. Sheff Wed my other choice
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

playoffs are a lottery and form often goes out of the window...we get there and then worry who we play
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

Not a great game, QPR set up with 5 at the back and we didn't have an answer to it, Wood got very little service. Back 4 were as good as ever, the centre midfield pair covered a lot of the pitch putting their foot in where it hurts, they had to, as the others around them couldn't keep hold of the ball. We just seemed to be going through the motions at times, no urgency and certainly no one able to create much.

Green - 8 Not too much to do but what he had to he did well
Ayling 8+ Put in an awful amount of work , trying to gee up some of the lack lustre lot, just like a captain, was trying to get up the pitch as much as possible to create something, as the ones that should have, didn't.
Bartley 7 Hard working performance but caught out of position a couple of times.
Jansson 8 typical performance, does
Berardi 8- Usual solid defending
Bridcutt -8 Captains performance, breaking up play, did the easy thing after winning the ball and playing it to the so called more creative players to take it on
Vieira 8 Similar to Bridcutt, a very good second half.
Roofe 3- Couldn't get into the game, right side midfield doesn't suit him.
Hernandez 4 - 1 or2 nice touches but more bad ones than good
Pedraza 3- Can't see him as a 10m euro player here, no awareness of what's around him.
Wood 5 didn't do much but had no service. At least he was looking for the ball
Sacko 2 awful player, as absolutely no heart. Not once did he try to beat his man, put in one half decent cross, you could see how much Ayling and Hernandez were getting frustrated with him.
O'Kane 4- didn't get into the game
Doukara 4- same as O'Kane.
Last edited by gessa on Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Not a great game, QPR set up with 5 at the back and we didn't have an answer to it, Wood got very little service. Back 4 were as good as ever, the centre midfield pair covered a lot of the pitch putting their foot in where it hurts, they had to, as the others around them couldn't keep hold of the ball. We just seemed to be going through the motions at times, no urgency and certainly no one able to create much.

Green - 8 Not too much to do but what he had to he did well
Ayling 8+ Put in an awful amount of work , trying to gee up some of the lack lustre lot, just like a captain, was trying to get up the pitch as much as possible to create something, as the ones that should have, didn't.
Bartley 7 Hard working performance but caught out of position a couple of times.
Jansson 8 typical performance, does
Berardi 8- Usual solid defending
Bridcutt -8 Captains performance, breaking up play, did the easy thing after winning the ball and playing it to the so called more creative players to take it on
Vieira 8 Similar to Bridcutt, a very good second half.
Roofe 3- Couldn't get into the game, right side midfield doesn't suit him.
Hernandez 4 - 1 or2 nice touches but more bad ones than good
Pedraza 3- Can't see him as a 10m euro player here, no awareness of what's around him.
Wood 5 didn't do much but had no service. At least he was looking for the ball
Sacko 2 awful player, as absolutely no heart. Not once did he try to beat his man, put in one half decent cross, you could see how much Ayling and Hernandez were getting with him.
O'Kane 4- didn't get into the game
Doukara 4- same as O'Kane.
Usual fare mate

Our defenders holding us together whilst the clueless lot in front of them give very little apart from Wood whom had little service once again.

Must be very frustrating for our back-line players :|
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:Usual fare mate

Our defenders holding us together whilst the clueless lot in front of them give very little apart from Wood whom had little service once again.

Must be very frustrating for our back-line players :|
It's almost like we're playing with 8 men and 3 passengers
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:It's almost like we're playing with 8 men and 3 passengers
Generally like 6 men to 5, we are definitely carrying players in most games mate

Half the team working their socks off, the other half ambling around as if it doesn't matter
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Is this our Gessa

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote:playoffs are a lottery and form often goes out of the window...we get there and then worry who we play
Definitely. When we reached the play-offs in Grayson's first half season we were flying and then lost with barely a whimper to Millwall (who then went on to lose in the final I think).

We seem to be struggling big time at the moment but I don't think it is from lack of effort from the majority of the players. However it is football and things could suddenly click again for absolutely no reason and we will start playing well again as confidence soars (a bit like how the confident Chris Wood looks a million times better than the un-confident Chris Wood from last year - yet it is the same player). The only thing that matters at the moment is getting points however they come and getting closer to the total we need to secure a play-off spot.
gessa

Post by gessa »

rab_rant wrote:Is this our Gessa

Not me Rab. :-D
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Methink you doth protest too much
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

Wrong accent
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Not me Rab. :-D
Definitely not you mate

You don't speak like a bloodeee Londerner do you Ges

Different gravey down there :lol:
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Did another VLOG yesterday:
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Was talking to a QPR-supporting mate last night, he put some perspective on things when he said that at least we still have something to play for at this point in the season. I hadn't given that any thought, but isn't it nice that, for the first time since 2011, our games are still meaningful in March? No matter how this season pans out, we have improved immeasurably from previous campaigns
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Disappointing result and performance yesterday, off the ball I thought we did ok winning the ball back efficiently and putting pressure on QPR. I like how we are passing the ball out of the back it makes sense as all of our back 4 and Bridcutt/O'Kane/Viera are comfortable on the ball and this allows us to get the ball to Pablo's feet and allow him to express himself. First 15-20 minutes are build up play was fantastic to watch, however, it kept breaking down whenever it reached the attacking 3.
Green 8 : Crucial 1 on 1 save and his distribution and confidence on the ball was outstanding.
Ayling 6: Didn't really have much to do defensively,however, wasn't convincing when he did have to defend. On the ball he looked as confident as ever, however, made some bad decisions going forward.
Bartley 6: On the ball he managed to get the ball to Bridcutt or Ayling quickly, however, defensively he did ok overall with 2 crucial challenges on Matt Smith although did make 1-2 errors.
Pontus 8: Man Of The Match Won every header, tackle etc and made a particularly crucial challenge before half time.
Berardi 7: Made a vital challenge on a corner were Matt Smith would have had a 2 yard open goal, however, Gaetano managed to outmuscle him and got in front of him to let the ball go out of play, then made another crucial challenge later on. Going forward he did ok particularly first half.
Bridcutt 7: Absolutely outstanding in the first half, collecting the ball off the back 4 and ran the game there were no excuses for Roofe- Pablo- Pedraza as Bridcutt was getting the ball to them in good areas, off the ball he was brilliant as well he wasn't always winning the ball, however, he stopped QPR's counter attacking momentum. A bit quieter in the second half.
Viera 7: His passing isn't great atm, however, off the ball he played very well particularly in the second half. Ronaldo tried to get forward at times as well.
Roofe 3: I genuinely can't remember Kemar touching the ball, didn't take any risks i.e. try and run at QPR.
Hernandez 3: His decision making was absolutely awful his set pieces were poor as well, not a good day at the office for Pablo no question that he should stay in the starting 11, however, maybe he needs to play in a slightly different position to be more effective over the next 9 games.
Pedraza 5: His touch is absolutely outstanding with him and Bridcutt had a very good understanding in the first half with Bridcutt often finding him with crossfield passes. He works quite hard off the ball as well, he didn't really create any chances but got into good positions in the first half. Very quiet second half.
Wood 6: Hard work, determination and his link up play was excellent, the problem was Pablo, Roofe, Pedraza created absolutely nothing for him he only needs 1 chance to score.
Substitutions:
Sacko 4: Put in one good cross, however, didn't take enough risks imo his decision making was very poor.
Doukara 7: Off the ball he did well and got into some good positions he didn't really create anything though.
O'Kane 7: Didn't have anything to do defensively, however, some clever movement and use of the ball meant we got the ball forward more.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

I feel we are running out of legs at a vital stage of the season. Likes of Pablo especially look totally shattered.
Also, the lack of genuine spending in Jan's transfer window to give us a Plan B up front is beginning to hit home. Team have started to sus out how we play and therefore they stop that method, we dont really have another to fall back to.

That said, teams have found a second wind to get promoted in the past and so, let's hope we follow that lead. We can do this still but performances are going to have to improve immensely to what we have seen of late. Here's hoping.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
hector

Post by hector »

The thing is.... we haven't actually lost the wind from our sails, we have just hit a gentle breeze part of the journey....

Norwich on the other hand were becalmed for a while....

It only takes a slight change of tack to pick up the wind again for us....... we will be in the top 6 at position 4..

not sure if we will win in the play offs this year though....
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

hector wrote:The thing is.... we haven't actually lost the wind from our sails, we have just hit a gentle breeze part of the journey....

It only takes a slight change of tack to pick up the wind again for us....... we will be in the top 6 at position 4..

I think we're there barring 6/7 defeats in our last 9 but I don't think we'd be favourites in the playoffs.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote:The thing is.... we haven't actually lost the wind from our sails, we have just hit a gentle breeze part of the journey....

I do think the 80 points mark will be enough to seal a place in the play-off, that's 14 points from our final nine games which is quite achievable even though we are not playing well.
I do believe we'll pick up points at Reading & Newcastle albeit it maybe only two draws.
Hopefully we'll peak again just at the right time !