Squeaky BumTime

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Squeaky BumTime

Post by dezzy »

With is playing Brighton Saturday, Fulham playing Blackburn tomorrow we could be level on points come Saturday night.
How things can change so quickly. Brighton are always a tough one for us, big week ahead!!
Personally, I am so used to being left feeling drained by Leeds over the past 15 years it's only natural to feel pessimistic, but Monk is the man and this is a different Leeds, how do others feel?
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
hector

Re: Squeaky BumTime

Post by hector »

I have ordered extra bog roll Dez... not sure I can cope with the tension....
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

hector wrote:I have ordered extra bog roll Dez... not sure I can cope with the tension....
I had it as a foregone conclusion a few weeks ago!
hector

Post by hector »

me too!! but our lack of ability to feed our striker is beginning to concern a smidgen.....
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

dezzy wrote:I had it as a foregone conclusion a few weeks ago!
We'll be alright Dezzy, still think we'll make the play-offs, it's the next stage that concerns me.

If it eases your worries Sheff Wed play Reading on Friday night & looking further ahead the Owls have to go to Fulham on the last day of the season

Still a lot to play for yet, I reckon we can attain 15 points out of our final 9 games which would mean we'd finish with 81 points in the table
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote:me too!! but our lack of ability to feed our striker is beginning to concern a smidgen.....
My main concern is if we lose Pontus to a suspension
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote:We'll be alright Dezzy, still think we'll make the play-offs, it's the next stage that concerns me.

If it eases your worries Sheff Wed play Reading on Friday night & looking further ahead the Owls have to go to Fulham on the last day of the season

Still a lot to play for yet, I reckon we can attain 15 points out of our final 9 games which would mean we'd finish with 81 points in the table
Best reply I've had! And I've posted it in two places :roflmao:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

dezzy wrote:Best reply I've had! And I've posted it in two places :roflmao:
I've posted mty reply in two places too :lol:

Glad I have cheered you up :-D
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I'd worked it out as well that we could be level with Fulham come sat night, but I just hope that we can put a shift in against Brighton. I'm a doom and gloom Leeds supporter I'm afraid and I can really see us missing out on the play offs. Fulham are flying at the right time, and I just hope that Reading and the Wendies have a bigger blip than us. I feel, that we are now dependant on other teams downfalls, rather than expecting us to stay in the play offs due to our own merit at the moment. Hope I'm very very wrong and we not only make the play offs, but just start firing at the right time to actually win the thing. I can hope :lol:
gotagetz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by gotagetz »

We've got points on the board and not long ago we had played more games than those around us. It's equalled out and we are in 4th. Huddersfield could take 2nd but I think those below Fulham are out. Let's think positive I can't remember this much happiness to be a leeds supporter....well not for quite a few years.
gotagetz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by gotagetz »

And if we make the play off final any chance someone could get me a ticket? Like to be in with my own colours for a change
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:I'd worked it out as well that we could be level with Fulham come sat night, but I just hope that we can put a shift in against Brighton. I'm a doom and gloom Leeds supporter I'm afraid and I can really see us missing out on the play offs. Fulham are flying at the right time, and I just hope that Reading and the Wendies have a bigger blip than us. I feel, that we are now dependant on other teams downfalls, rather than expecting us to stay in the play offs due to our own merit at the moment. Hope I'm very very wrong and we not only make the play offs, but just start firing at the right time to actually win the thing. I can hope :lol:
Does this table ease your fears Swan, only Huddersfield & Fulham are on a roll. We are matching or doing better than the rest. We also have the points on the board

+2 on Reading
+4 on Sheff Wed
+6 on Fulham

Surely Reading & Wednesday will be even more fearful than us about Fulham

Update of wins in last ten matches

8 - Huddersfield
6 - Fulham
5 - Leeds
5 - Brighton
5 - Newcastle
5 - Sheff Wed
4 - Preston
4 - Reading
3 - Norwich
2 - Barnsley
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

gotagetz wrote:We've got points on the board and not long ago we had played more games than those around us. It's equalled out and we are in 4th. Huddersfield could take 2nd but I think those below Fulham are out. Let's think positive I can't remember this much happiness to be a leeds supporter....well not for quite a few years.
I agree. It's five teams vying for the four playoff places. The problem is the team in seventh is the one playing the best right now and our schedule over the last nine games is tough.

Squeaky bum time, indeed.

I think we make it, though. Regardless, this has been a much better season than I had hoped for last summer. The team have made us all proud this year. They've played with the sort of heart that attracted me to the team over 40 years ago.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

John in Louisiana wrote:I agree. It's five teams vying for the four playoff places. The problem is the team in seventh is the one playing the best right now and our schedule over the last nine games is tough.
With the championship it is impossible to say which games are tougher than others - for example if we are playing against teams that need to win then it might make it easier for us to counter attack them rather than playing against teams, such as Cardiff and QPR, that are happy to just sit back and take a point and counter attack us.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

whiteswan wrote:I'd worked it out as well that we could be level with Fulham come sat night, but I just hope that we can put a shift in against Brighton. I'm a doom and gloom Leeds supporter I'm afraid and I can really see us missing out on the play offs. Fulham are flying at the right time, and I just hope that Reading and the Wendies have a bigger blip than us. I feel, that we are now dependant on other teams downfalls, rather than expecting us to stay in the play offs due to our own merit at the moment. Hope I'm very very wrong and we not only make the play offs, but just start firing at the right time to actually win the thing. I can hope :lol:
I agree I think Fulham will make the playoffs - one of us, Reading and Wendies to miss out for me.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote:I agree I think Fulham will make the playoffs - one of us, Reading and Wendies to miss out for me.
Fulham with their entertaining style of play deserve a play-off place

Still believe we are a season away from being the finished article to gain promotion, just hope we get lucky in the play-offs, you never know !
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote:Fulham with their entertaining style of play deserve a play-off place

Still believe we are a season away from being the finished article to gain promotion, just hope we get lucky in the play-offs, you never know !
We've certainly got the right ingredients, hard to score against and resolute defence and a striker who is on fire and needs only half a chance. Not sure we would be pretty in the playoffs and the possession stats would be against us, but once you are there the previous forty odd games don't mean anything.....fingers and everything else crossed - MOT
gotagetz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by gotagetz »

Even if we only make the play off's it's been a better than average season by a mile. Bodes well for next season if we can keep the group together. But also think would be easier to attract better players because of our finishing position.
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

Only way we get automatic is to win all 9 games left, I wish we would as history has taught me not to trust us in play offs.....
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gotagetz wrote:Even if we only make the play off's it's been a better than average season by a mile. Bodes well for next season if we can keep the group together. But also think would be easier to attract better players because of our finishing position.
Indeed mate :tup: