Pontus....our lucky charm !

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Pontus

Post by 1964white »

Thank god for that :-D
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Just got home after a long day out to have a procedure at the hospital and very glad to hear this comment from and to do with Pontus hope after break he comes back again both sharper and keener than ever before. Big shout GM and we must trust and respect your calls. MOT.
gessa

Post by gessa »

paddy parrott wrote:Just got home after a long day out to have a procedure at the hospital and very glad to hear this comment from and to do with Pontus hope after break he comes back again both sharper and keener than ever before. Big shout GM and we must trust and respect your calls. MOT.
Hopefully nothing too serious Paddy.

And agree with the rest of your post.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Cheers Gessa no problems thanks mate some ENT treatment and feeling ok.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

paddy parrott wrote:Cheers Gessa no problems thanks mate some ENT treatment and feeling ok.
Good to hear it's nothing too serious Paddy , hope the treatment has helped you feel more comfortable
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Thanks mate appreciate you guys good wishes and thanks very much. One of those days that seemed to be a long and then even a bit longer but that's the waiting around of course. But I'm a hospital worker so pretty much what we've all come to expect. Cheers guys.
gessa

On Fire Re: Pontus

Post by gessa »

paddy parrott wrote:Cheers Gessa no problems thanks mate some ENT treatment and feeling ok.
:tup:
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

So, do we think Jansson had got a bit complacent? Thought he was a cert to start every game and wasn't showing the right level of commitment? Certainly seems to me like what Monk was delivering was a kick up the proverbial
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Probably a misdemeanor, late to training/team meeting. Monk was just on talksport (9.25am) and it didn't come up.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote:So, do we think Jansson had got a bit complacent? Thought he was a cert to start every game and wasn't showing the right level of commitment? Certainly seems to me like what Monk was delivering was a kick up the proverbial
Can't accuse Jansson's performances on the pitch, he & his defenders around him worked their socks off under constant pressure in the Birmingham/Fulham aways in between the two home games where we kept two clean sheets

I read it was an altercation with a couple of players + two staff involved on the training pitch which led to the disciplinary action taken by Monk. Anyway Pontus has apologised so hopefully all is rosy at ER now
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

1964white wrote:Can't accuse Jansson's performances on the pitch, he & his defenders around him worked their socks off under constant pressure in the Birmingham/Fulham aways in between the two home games where we kept two clean sheets

I read it was an altercation with a couple of players + two staff involved on the training pitch which led to the disciplinary action taken by Monk. Anyway Pontus has apologised so hopefully all is rosy at ER now
Not pointing a finger at this performances, Leon, just wondered if he maybe wasn't putting it in during training. Anyway, if what you've heard is true, it would appear Monk has nipped it in the bud.
MissSurreyWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MissSurreyWhite »

Sounds like a well run camp. Step out of line and Monk reminds them no one is too big to drop. Sounds healthy to me.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote:Not pointing a finger at this performances, Leon, just wondered if he maybe wasn't putting it in during training. Anyway, if what you've heard is true, it would appear Monk has nipped it in the bud.
Thank god he has :-D he certainly doesn't suffer fools gladly

I hope Monk is given the time to develope into one of the great Leeds managers of all-time, he's made an impressive start in his short managerial time at ER
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

1964white wrote:Thank god he has :-D he certainly doesn't suffer fools gladly

I hope Monk is given the time to develope into one of the great Leeds managers of all-time, he's made an impressive start in his short managerial time at ER
He has a bit to go, Leon, but I've been very impressed with how he goes about things. If the board back him, and he's left alone to get on with things, there's no reason why he can't do great things at our club
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We don't have the greatest list of managers..I can only think of 4 better since 1961, maybe 5
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:We don't have the greatest list of managers..I can only think of 4 better since 1961, maybe 5
I assume you are thinking from :

Revie
Armfield
Wilko
Graham
O'Leary
or
Grayson :|

Clough & Stein achieve great things but not with Leeds
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Not Grayson but the other 4/5 certainly. Monk is 6 going on 5
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Not Grayson but the other 4/5 certainly. Monk is 6 going on 5
Monk would need to achieve considerable success to match Revie & Wilko or even Jimmy who got us to a European Cup Final. Can't see anyone coming close to Don's achievements !

Would need to get us in the Champions League to match O'Leary

Either way a tough ask for Monk
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

or have us playing dire football then f*ck off as soon as he got another job offer if he was to match Graham
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

weasel wrote:or have us playing dire football then f*ck off as soon as he got another job offer if he was to match Graham
:roflmao: good job he did !