Financial Picture

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Financial Picture

Post by John in Louisiana »

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-8457967

Some good news and some bad news here.

it's important to remember, though, that this report covers a time period prior to Radrizzani's arrival on the scene with his millions, so I imagine our current picture is much better than the one represented therein.

Thoughts?
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Re: Financial Picture

Post by Gurj »

A loss is never good news but when you consider how much many of the other championship have lost in comparison, £8.9m is in reality a fairly decent outcome.

It's fair to say the tide has turned and you would hope, promotion or not, the next set of results would paint a better picture still.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Crazy money to be losing, but I do think we are in the best position financially in a long time, not saying much though is it!!
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

Admin costs??

something dodgy!
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
MissSurreyWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MissSurreyWhite »

We will only return to the black if GFH are paid off and the ground/training ground owned again.
That needs promotion, a successful team and/or a serious injection of money. The previous owners have a lot to answer for, bad running lasts for generations not to mention all the people who lost their jobs and businesses due to the poor stewardship of the club.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Brighton announce losses of £25.9 million for the 15/16 season...
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

MissSurreyWhite wrote:We will only return to the black if GFH are paid off and the ground/training ground owned again.
That needs promotion, a successful team and/or a serious injection of money. The previous owners have a lot to answer for, bad running lasts for generations not to mention all the people who lost their jobs and businesses due to the poor stewardship of the club.
I thought we had paid off GFH and that the club is 50 - 50 owned now, but I might be wrong. Not just the previous owners have a lot to answer for but I lay this whole sorry mess at the door of Peter Ridsdale. He gambled with the very existence of our great club to feed his own ego and should have been banned for ever running a football club again. We've never recovered, and gone from one inept self interested owner to another. Hopefully we are now on a more even keel than we have been for many years.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:I thought we had paid off GFH and that the club is 50 - 50 owned now, but I might be wrong. Not just the previous owners have a lot to answer for but I lay this whole sorry mess at the door of Peter Ridsdale. He gambled with the very existence of our great club to feed his own ego and should have been banned for ever running a football club again. We've never recovered, and gone from one inept self interested owner to another. Hopefully we are now on a more even keel than we have been for many years
We are Swan :tup: next years figures will look much better
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Some more interesting news on the team's status:

https://twitter.com/i/moments/851380668928077825

Higher revenues than any team in the Championship exclusive of parachute payments. Lowest wages to turnover of any team in the Championship.

I think we need to give Cellino a great deal of credit here, especially given the financial position he inherited.
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

John in Louisiana wrote:Some more interesting news on the team's status:

https://twitter.com/i/moments/851380668928077825

Higher revenues than any team in the Championship exclusive of parachute payments. Lowest wages to turnover of any team in the Championship.

I think we need to give Cellino a great deal of credit here, especially given the financial position he inherited.
I`m with you on this one John , said all along the bloke is a good business man and when he stays in the office and out of the dressing room the results are there for all to see , thought the new bloke had connections in china as well , not seen any of them knocking around Elland road though , I think he Chinese will be the new Arabs in the football world .
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

beer belly bert wrote:I`m with you on this one John , said all along the bloke is a good business man and when he stays in the office and out of the dressing room the results are there for all to see , thought the new bloke had connections in china as well , not seen any of them knocking around Elland road though , I think he Chinese will be the new Arabs in the football world .
What you are saying is that yellow will be the new brown :roflmao:
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

rab_rant wrote:What you are saying is that yellow will be the new brown :roflmao:
I'd be ROFLMFAO as well if it wasn't politically incorrect to do so.