Player Of The Season Vote

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Poll ended at Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:09 pm

Green
No votes
Ayling
No votes
Berardi
29%
Bartley
14%
Jansson
14%
Taylor
No votes
Phillips
No votes
Viera
No votes
Sacko
No votes
Roofe
No votes
Hernandez
No votes
Wood
43%

Total votes: 7

Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

The voting has now opened on the website: https://www.leedsunited.com/news/club-n ... ear-awards

Who gets your vote? Who would you say should be 2nd or 3rd? (I have only included players with 23 starts or more)
Young player of the year? Taylor, Viera, Phillips or Sacko?

I genuinely can't decide between Pontus or Woody, they have comfortably been our top 2 players this season imo.
In terms of 3rd place it is between: Bartley, Taylor, Ayling and Berardi imo who all would have easily won the player of the year award in previous seasons performing like they have this season.
The likes of Pablo, O'Kane, Bridcutt etc have all had good seasons as well but I can't even see them being in contention (especially as O'Kane and Bridcutt have started less than 23 games through injury).
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Player Of The Season Vote

Post by 1964white »

Gary Shaw wrote:The voting has now opened on the website: https://www.leedsunited.com/news/club-n ... ear-awards

Who gets your vote? Who would you say should be 2nd or 3rd? (I have only included players with 23 starts or more)
Young player of the year? Taylor, Viera, Phillips or Sacko?

I genuinely can't decide between Pontus or Woody, they have comfortably been our top 2 players this season imo.
In terms of 3rd place it is between: Bartley, Taylor, Ayling and Berardi imo who all would have easily won the player of the year award in previous seasons performing like they have this season.
The likes of Pablo, O'Kane, Bridcutt etc have all had good seasons as well but I can't even see them being in contention (especially as O'Kane and Bridcutt have started less than 23 games through injury).
I'm with you on this Oscar :tup:

Woody has had a magnificent season with his haul of goals playing upfront on his own. His all round play has improved significantly under the stewardship of Garry Monk

I'll say again & I'm insistent on this point, had Monk not signed Pontus there is no way we'd have been sitting in the top six in the championship. Imagine the scenario had he stuck with Bamba or Cooper (his initial captain/vice captain) to play alongside Bartley we'd have leaked goals like a water coming out of a dripping pipe. Our season turned when Jansson arrived & quickly adapted & settled into the English game. Pontus also gives us another attacking option at set-pieces. can't remember when we had two giant centre-backs scoring goals particularly from corner-kicks. Both are the rock of our team !

Even the EFL have recognised our two main men awarding them a place in the Football League Team Of The Season :

Goalkeeper: David Stockdale (Brighton & Hove Albion)
Defender: Enda Stevens (Portsmouth)
Defender: Pontus Jansson (Leeds United)
Defender: Sonny Bradley (Plymouth Argyle)
Defender: Conor McLaughlin (Fleetwood Town)
Midfielder: Josh Morris (Scunthorpe United)
Midfielder: Aaron Mooy (Huddersfield Town)
Midfielder: Anthony Knockaert (Brighton & Hove Albion)
Forward: Chris Wood (Leeds United)
Forward: Billy Sharp (Sheffield United)
Forward: Dwight Gayle (Newcastle United)
Manager: Darren Ferguson (Doncaster Rovers)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I would have to give it to Wood as his consistency over the season has been superb and the improvement from last year has been immense. His continued form has also allowed us to play a formation that suits the team and whilst Leon quite rightly points to the effect the signing of Pontus had it can also be said that the switch of formation was equally as important.

Pontus is up their in the voting as he has been consistent throughout as has been Bartley. Berardi has been his usual consistent self despite operating on the left. Big shout outs to to Green and Ayling who have proved many doubters wrong and overcome shaky starts to be key players - Green especially has played a huge part in a lot of games and now plays against a Newcastle side in which he had his biggest low point of the season and had 99.9% of fans calling for him to be dropped - thank goodness Monk is the manager and is strong in his beliefs.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:I would have to give it to Wood as his consistency over the season has been superb and the improvement from last year has been immense. His continued form has also allowed us to play a formation that suits the team and whilst Leon quite rightly points to the effect the signing of Pontus had it can also be said that the switch of formation was equally as important.

Pontus is up their in the voting as he has been consistent throughout as has been Bartley. Berardi has been his usual consistent self despite operating on the left. Big shout outs to to Green and Ayling who have proved many doubters wrong and overcome shaky starts to be key players - Green especially has played a huge part in a lot of games and now plays against a Newcastle side in which he had his biggest low point of the season and had 99.9% of fans calling for him to be dropped - thank goodness Monk is the manager and is strong in his beliefs.
Cracking post Weasel :clap2: difficult choices indeed, nice to have so many players who have performed consistently well over the season
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

think the majority will vote wood but I went the other end of the pitch and gave it to bartley , just pleased to see us not shipping goals in , the defence has been brilliant under his leadership and I think he should take the credit for that .
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

What weasel said! :tup:

I have been a huge critic of Wood in the past, but this season he has made me eat my words. Looks a player transformed, and it will be no surprise to me if a lower-level Prem side come sniffing if we don't go up. Pleasingly, POTS could also just as easily go to Jansson, Bartley, Berardi or Green, which shows the level our defence has operated at this season
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
hector

Post by hector »

I voted Berardi, because he has been there, done the job, wherever he was asked to play, no fuss, no showboating, just good solid performances week in and week out. A true Leeds player.....
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

hector wrote:I voted Berardi, because he has been there, done the job, wherever he was asked to play, no fuss, no showboating, just good solid performances week in and week out. A true Leeds player.....
Berardi would have been my 2nd choice for the exact same reasons hector
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
abundegas
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by abundegas »

hector wrote:I voted Berardi, because he has been there, done the job, wherever he was asked to play, no fuss, no showboating, just good solid performances week in and week out. A true Leeds player.....
Same for me.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

beer belly bert wrote:Berardi would have been my 2nd choice for the exact same reasons hector
My 3rd choice :tup:

Berardi & Pontus do not shirk a tackle

Jansson for me as he wins so many headers/tackles & scores goals too !

I love tough committed defenders, something we haven't seen at Leeds in a long time
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jansson
Wood
Berardi
Bartley
Ayling/Green

in that order for me
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

I did likewise and for roughly the same reasons.

Berardi is the best kind of player to have on your team. He plays wherever he's asked to and works his tail off every single minute of every single game. A true Leeds player, indeed. He's a beast. I love watching him play.

Can't argue with anyone who chose to give his vote to Pontus or Wood, though. All three have been stellar.

I also voted for Taylor as young player of the year, even though he missed a fair amount of time. Tough choice given how well Vieira, particularly, has played at times.

Doukara's was the goal of the year, of course.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Beradi for me too, with Vierra YPOTS.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"