Neil Warnock on the play-offs....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Neil Warnock on the play-offs....

Post by 1964white »

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock has waded into the Championship promotion battle by siding with Sheffield Wednesday's prospects over that of his former clubs Leeds United and Huddersfield Town. The experienced manager revealed his tip for the play-offs would be whoever finished in sixth-place in an interview with The Yorkshire Post. Wednesday are currently three points behind fifth-placed Leeds with five matches of the season remaining. Huddersfield Town, Warnock's first club as manager, are a further two points clear of Leeds in third place with Jaap Stam's Reading betwixt in the middle. Leeds, Huddersfield and Reading are all odds on to finish in the end of season play-offs with the race for the final spot seemingly between the Owls and seventh-placed Fulham. “I do believe whoever finishes sixth out of Wednesday or Fulham will be the team that goes up in the play-offs,” said Warnock, whose Cardiff side face Wednesday on Good Friday. “To finish sixth, either Wednesday or Fulham will have had to finish the season in good form. They can then take that into the play-offs. Momentum can be huge once they get under way. “I also look at the others and they are not convincing at the moment. Garry Monk and David Wagner have done fantastic jobs but results have been a bit up and down lately – and I just don’t fancy Reading to beat anyone over two legs. “That, to me, leaves whoever finishes sixth. We played Sheffield Wednesday very early after I joined Cardiff and they are a good footballing team. It was a tough game for us but also a tough game for them, I would imagine. “I am expecting it to be similar again at Hillsborough.”
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Neil Warnock on the play-offs....

Post by 1964white »

Yes Colin :roll:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

one in 4 chance of being right
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

Same ratio he has in his signings being any good.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

gessa wrote:Same ratio he has in his signings being any good.
That's a bit generous. :wink:
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
gessa

Post by gessa »

Crude wrote:That's a bit generous. :wink:
Didn't want to sound bitter, Dan :-D
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

I can see his logic. Fulham in the playoffs would create some headaches if I'm honest. End of season form can go a long way and that is why I feel we need to win tonight.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Kyle_5351 wrote:I can see his logic. Fulham in the playoffs would create some headaches if I'm honest. End of season form can go a long way and that is why I feel we need to win tonight.
Hello stranger.

I think he's going on the odd past times when the 6th team were sometimes the inform team come the end of the season, happened 3 out of 4 seasons I think but not sure it's happened for a while now .
I think Norwich will beat Fulham meaning a point will be good for us tonight, obviously 3 would be better.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Warnock is a Colin......
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson