Squeaky BumTime

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Squeaky BumTime

Post by weasel »

If, and it's a huge if, we got promoted then Monk has already shown his capabilities with a very average Swansea side and all we need to do is finish 4th bottom - and worse case scenario if we do get relegated we'd have the parachute payments to enable us to bring in players.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

.I’m hearing points of view which suggest that – if we get promotion – the board would be OK with Monk presiding over a team which would be instantly demoted, and would then still follow Monk’s recommendations for new players we need to be funded by the parachute payments for our subsequent re-promotion!

Silly me, I must have missed something.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Burnley stuck with Dyche to get them back up, the parachute money helped the cause. Teams like West Brom and Stoke yo-yo'd for a few seasons, slowly building squads without going massively into debt, being careful with the money, both now pretty well established Premiership clubs. I think we all know that if we were to go up, we'd need at least 5 new players to be in with a chance of staying there, regardless of who the manager is. If the money isn't available and we don't get the players we need, Monk shouldn't be penalised for the club's lack of motion. If they were to throw cash at getting half a new team of players that Monk wants and we really struggle, then that's a different matter.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think we have

GK - Green
RB - Beradi
CB - Jansson
CB - Bartley
LB - Taylor

premiership quality, the rest looks dodgy at premiership level.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Aww, when we had hope!! Feel deflated reading this, but, we still have a chance
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

I see your'e man Dezzy scored all four goals at Ross Co. last night. Liam Boyce has a hatful of goals now to his name. Could we add his services to '64's list for next season?Oh and Big Chris Wood aswell could we?
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

dezzy wrote:Aww, when we had hope!! Feel deflated reading this, but, we still have a chance
Mathematically we do have a slim chance but we must win and either Fulham or Wednesday to lose then it'll roll on to the final weekend.... Stranger things have happened.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Funny things happen, pressure now on SW and FUL while we're about dead and hopefully free to play football.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"