Jermaine Beckford

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Jermaine Beckford

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Jermaine Beckford has signed a two year deal with Bury. So much for people who thought he could do a good job alongside Wood. Great player in his time with Lufc but injuries and temperament meant he didn't better himself after he left us. Good luck to him with his new club and if he stays injury free I see no reason why he won't top the scoring charts in league 1.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Jermaine Beckford

Post by 1964white »

Jermaine did okay at Everton Rich - 10 goals in 40 appearances scoring the Goal of the Season in his final game for the toffees. Bad injuries at Leicester hindered his career. Past his sell-by date now

Love him :luv: without him we'd probably be still in League One
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

1964white wrote:Jermaine did okay at Everton Rich - 10 goals in 40 appearances scoring the Goal of the Season in his final game for the toffees. Bad injuries at Leicester hindered his career. Past his sell-by date now

Love him :luv: without him we'd probably be still in League One
Love him back at Leeds at his peak but he's passed it now but hope he does well in League 1, cheeky little bet on him been top scorer :lol:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote:Love him back at Leeds at his peak but he's passed it now but hope he does well in League 1, cheeky little bet on him been top scorer :lol:
Why not indeed :tup:
joluafc4eva
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by joluafc4eva »

Absolutely loved him at Leeds and beyond, so wish him well with his new club - shame him and Simon Grayson are now parted. Think he will always have a soft spot for us

Good luck Jermaine and thanks for all you did while at Leeds, especially that goal at scum. :luv:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Wonderful to see him tonight at Josh Warrington's fight. To see Jermaine standing there with Josh and his team about to enter the ring, Jermaine holding aloft Josh's WBC international featherweight title belt, to marching on Together was incredible. Then for Jermaine to walk to and then enter the ring with Josh, with Jermaine still holding Josh's belt aloft.....well....absolutely brilliant. Then, after Josh had beaten his opponent, Jermaine was in on the winners photos at the end in the ring....awesome evening. Well done Josh....and Jermaine :scarf1:
joluafc4eva
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by joluafc4eva »

whiteswan wrote:Wonderful to see him tonight at Josh Warrington's fight. To see Jermaine standing there with Josh and his team about to enter the ring, Jermaine holding aloft Josh's WBC international featherweight title belt, to marching on Together was incredible. Then for Jermaine to walk to and then enter the ring with Josh, with Jermaine still holding Josh's belt aloft.....well....absolutely brilliant. Then, after Josh had beaten his opponent, Jermaine was in on the winners photos at the end in the ring....awesome evening. Well done Josh....and Jermaine :scarf1:
He's Leeds and he's proud of it. ALAW
1964white

Post by 1964white »

joluafc4eva wrote:He's Leeds and he's proud of it. ALAW
And Leeds fans still love him

I don't like to use the word legend too much however Jermaine was certainly one even though he only played in League One for Leeds. His goals v Bristol Rovers & Scum will always stand him in folklore at Leeds

I'll always remember his hat-trick down at Bristol Rovers & the team goal v Brighton at ER :scarf1:
joluafc4eva
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by joluafc4eva »

1964white wrote:And Leeds fans still love him

I don't like to use the word legend too much however Jermaine was certainly one even though he only played in League One for Leeds. His goals v Bristol Rovers & Scum will always stand him in folklore at Leeds

I'll always remember his hat-trick down at Bristol Rovers & the team goal v Brighton at ER :scarf1:
That day away at scum was a dream come true - to see Leeds beat them on their own soil was just so awesome, a day I thought I would never live to see, let alone be there. He will always be my hero for that.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

joluafc4eva wrote:That day away at scum was a dream come true - to see Leeds beat them on their own soil was just so awesome, a day I thought I would never live to see, let alone be there. He will always be my hero for that.
Hi Jo, nice to see you back. You were a prominent poster when I first joined this forum, in fact I used to read many of your posts before I joined. Yes, what a goal that was at Old Trafford by Jermaine, I think we will always be grateful to Jermaine for that goal and as 64 says, the one that got us out of league one :-D
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

Was he not joint top scorer at Everton?

I imagine PnE got rid due to non football reasons too.

Not sure I would have wanted him back though.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
joluafc4eva
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by joluafc4eva »

whiteswan wrote:Hi Jo, nice to see you back. You were a prominent poster when I first joined this forum, in fact I used to read many of your posts before I joined. Yes, what a goal that was at Old Trafford by Jermaine, I think we will always be grateful to Jermaine for that goal and as 64 says, the one that got us out of league one :-D
Hi, thank you for your "welcome back". Im amazed you joined after reading my posts :shock: - Hope you are keeping well.