Owls.....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Owls.....

Post by 1964white »

How much did Sheffield Wednesday spend this season :hahaha:
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Re: Owls.....

Post by Haighy »

1964white wrote:How much did Sheffield Wednesday spend this season :hahaha:
Obviously not enough...... :roflmao:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

They have four of 5 top strikers at their club. How can they afford to keep going?

Why have they not come unstuck under the FFP rules?
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

It seems like the FFP rules were only invented for Leeds United and the like Leon. It's probably in the fine print somewhere.
I'm sure Weasel will correct me if I'm wrong. :lol:
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

1964white wrote:They have four of 5 top strikers at their club. How can they afford to keep going?

Why have they not come unstuck under the FFP rules?
As far as I understand it the FFP are run under a 3 year cycle based turnover over that period. This was why it was so important that Brighton were promoted this year as they have spent a fortune over the last 3 seasons, if they had not gone up to the promised land and riches of the Prem, they would have faced a huge fine now. Wednesday probably have another year to get things sorted.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Gurj wrote:

As far as I understand it the FFP are run under a 3 year cycle based turnover over that period. This was why it was so important that Brighton were promoted this year as they have spent a fortune over the last 3 seasons, if they had not gone up to the promised land and riches of the Prem, they would have faced a huge fine now. Wednesday probably have another year to get things sorted.
Which is why we'll be lucky ever to get back to the Premier League because we seem to be taken over by parsimonious skinflints and shysters. I quite like MC and he has got us solvent but there has been no serious money from him to attempt a return to the top. Radrizzani is so far likewise with release of his shekels - we haven't even got a manager for next season yet.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote:As far as I understand it the FFP are run under a 3 year cycle based turnover over that period. This was why it was so important that Brighton were promoted this year as they have spent a fortune over the last 3 seasons, if they had not gone up to the promised land and riches of the Prem, they would have faced a huge fine now. Wednesday probably have another year to get things sorted.
Thanks for the info Gurj :tup: wasn't sure on the rules of these matters tbh
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote:Which is why we'll be lucky ever to get back to the Premier League because we seem to be taken over by parsimonious skinflints and shysters. I quite like MC and he has got us solvent but there has been no serious money from him to attempt a return to the top. Radrizzani is so far likewise with release of his shekels - we haven't even got a manager for next season yet.
Is the immediate concern Norm
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Relax, gentlemen; whilst our season may be over, the football season isn't. I don't expect us to be doing anything until June, when contracts and loans are up. If we've been wholly inactive in another 6 weeks time, then I'd be concerned; as for now, we're in that dead space until the whole carnival packs up for the season
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

You're probably right Nick - it's easy to get further down when you're already depressed about other (unconnected) issues.
A dose of senokot and a good drunk will probably clear my feeble brain. :lol:
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

Norm wrote:You're probably right Nick - it's easy to get further down when you're already depressed about other (unconnected) issues.
Sorry to hear that, Norm, that black dog snapping at your heels can be brutal. My wife suffers, so I have some experience with it. Hope you're back on an even keel soon, mate
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Norm wrote:Which is why we'll be lucky ever to get back to the Premier League because we seem to be taken over by parsimonious skinflints and shysters. I quite like MC and he has got us solvent but there has been no serious money from him to attempt a return to the top. Radrizzani is so far likewise with release of his shekels - we haven't even got a manager for next season yet.
In theory rich owners aren't allowed to simply pump their own money in like Abrahmovic did at Chelsea for example. Man City get round it by having huge sponsorship deals, basically from the people who own them but under different companies to the company that actually owns City - a little bit how Ken Bates would have the ground owned by one company, the players by another etc so that they can maximise profit and then liquidate parts of the company.

What we need to do is maximise the amount of money coming into the club. MC deserves a lot of credit for making us better at this, getting the catering back in house for example, getting a better shirt sponsorship deal etc. A huge part of our problem though is that presumably our income has to also cover the outgoings for the rent of ER and TA as such were effectively handicapped and even teams with poxy attendances in effect start the season with several million pounds more than us.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

MC definitely deserves some credit but lets not forget he has also cost us a small fortune, in several court case pay outs, employing inept managers such as Darko who we had to have on garden leave for so long and the disputes with the likes of Macron.
So all the good he did has probably only evened out when you factor in what he's cost us as a result of he's impetuous actions.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

It beggars belief that a guy, your £10m star striker on £60k plus a week signing for £10m refuses to take a penalty.

You really couldn't make it up.

Players with no bottle are no use to any team

What a waste of dosh :lol:
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

I think I hate the dog botherers more than the wendies, but wendies fans did some serious Leeds bashing/baiting before and during the game on social media. Was wonderful watching them scurry back into their boxes after the shoot-out!! :twisted:

As for Rhodes, there's a reason he never made it in the Prem. Big fish in a small pond, lacking is something if he couldn't step up when it mattered. Wendies claim they had their takers picked, and maybe that's true, but Rhodes is supposed to be a top striker....??
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

lufc1304 wrote:

Sorry to hear that, Norm, that black dog snapping at your heels can be brutal. My wife suffers, so I have some experience with it. Hope you're back on an even keel mate
Thanks Nick - you're a good man.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote:You're probably right Nick - it's easy to get further down when you're already depressed about other (unconnected) issues.
Sorry to hear this Norm, depression is a horrible illness !
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

lufc1304 wrote:I think I hate the dog botherers more than the wendies, but wendies fans did some serious Leeds bashing/baiting before and during the game on social media. Was wonderful watching them scurry back into their boxes after the shoot-out!! :twisted:

As for Rhodes, there's a reason he never made it in the Prem. Big fish in a small pond, lacking is something if he couldn't step up when it mattered. Wendies claim they had their takers picked, and maybe that's true, but Rhodes is supposed to be a top striker....??
Would seem very strange that Rhodes wouldn't be in their top 5 given that he was their first choice taker when he had his penalty saved by Green when we beat them - and it wasn't a bad penalty either.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

lufc1304 wrote:I think I hate the dog botherers more than the wendies, but wendies fans did some serious Leeds bashing/baiting before and during the game on social media. Was wonderful watching them scurry back into their boxes after the shoot-out!! :twisted:

Would seem very strange that Rhodes wouldn't be in their top 5 given that he was their first choice taker when he had his penalty saved by Green when we beat them - and it wasn't a bad penalty either.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

With you Norm....