Tuesday's Breakfast Debate - Striker Signings....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Tuesday's Breakfast Debate - Striker Signings....

Post by 1964white »

Leeds are interested in signing Wendies forward Fernando Forestieri :shock:

You'll recall before the Owls got their grubby little talons on him, we were after him, but he opted for South, not West Yorkshire.

The Owls have just about as many forwards that Leeds have midfielders (152 last count), and you never know, if the price is right the Owls may sell their 27yo hitman

If we are after Forestieri, then why are we about to sign Caleb Ekuban?

The 23 year old has lightening pace, certain to scare the hardened of defenders.

Ekuban arrived at Manchester airport last night & is due to undertake a medical before the players fly out on Friday for their Austrian tour

Thoughts?
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Tuesday's Breakfast Debate - Striker Signings....

Post by HarryofOz »

I'd say we could do with a couple of quality forwards - goal scorers to take the pressure off Wood.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote:I'd say we could do with a couple of quality forwards - goal scorers to take the pressure off Wood.
Yes three proven goalscorers would a nice luxury to have this season Harry :tup: even though Forestieri is a diving little t*at :lol:
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

1964white wrote:Yes three proven goalscorers would a nice luxury to have this season Harry :tup: even though Forestieri is a diving little t*at :lol:
LOL but then he'd be our diving t*at so that's okay :twisted:
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
hector

Post by hector »

We've already had one floundering haddock.... :shock:

Don't need another one..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

We did ride our luck a bit last season with Woody being fit and available for pretty much the entire season, Antonsson might have done a job but would have certainly been less productive and effective than Wood, would say we need cover and options in that area but Ekuban and Foristieri? Would surely mean the end of the line for Erwin and or Antonsson. Erwin I would happily let go but didn't see enough of Antonsson to really form an opionion, he certainly seemed like he had an eye for goal and a finish so could we loan him out as I would have thought we'd struggle to get any real value for him?
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Personally dont believe there is anything in the rumours about Foristieri so I will leave that one there.

The Ekuban signing looks as if its about to happen for sure and I really hope this isnt another Edgar Cani. Have serious doubts that a guy who has been playing in the Albanian first division can then suddenly make the huge step up to Championship football.
That said, you have to hope one of the many guys we have in the management team have seen something in him that shows he has the ability to do a good job for us in this league. Let's see what happens but as I said, I have major concerns of this one.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
gessa

Post by gessa »

Gurj wrote:Personally dont believe there is anything in the rumours about Foristieri so I will leave that one there.

The Ekuban signing looks as if its about to happen for sure and I really hope this isnt another Edgar Cani. Have serious doubts that a guy who has been playing in the Albanian first division can then suddenly make the huge step up to Championship football.
That said, you have to hope one of the many guys we have in the management team have seen something in him that shows he has the ability to do a good job for us in this league. Let's see what happens but as I said, I have major concerns of this one.
Likewise
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

I guess it depends if you see the Duke as a midfielder or a striker, if you see him as a midfielder them even with Erwin we only have 3 strikers at the club.

Personally I am not sure how people can see him as a footballer!
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think Doukara is a midfielder personally, but that would make 13 so I left him off my list.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:I think Doukara is a midfielder personally, but that would make 13 so I left him off my list.
Although Saiz is also classed as a striker so back down to 12 on your list :wink:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Saiz is probably a midfielder too
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

1964white wrote:

Although Saiz is also classed as a striker so back down to 12 on your list :wink:
The official site says he's a midfielder Leon so back to a baker's dozen.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote:The official site says he's a midfielder Leon so back to a baker's dozen.
He looks a midfielder going by the way he fires in goals from distance

No fannying about trying to walk the ball into the net this season :lol:
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

Still think that Alioski will happen.

https://twitter.com/PhilHayYEP/status/8 ... 0054453249
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Can't see any truth in the Forestieri 'rumours' either. He is another no.10 10 so why would we sign a player for £3m and then another in the same position?

Never heard of Ekuban before and likewise know nothing of the strength of the Albanian league. What does seem to be the case though is that this lad is rapid and presumably as he scored 17 goals he at least has an end product as no matter how good/bad the keepers are in Albania you still need to put the ball past them and into the net. We have all wailed in the past when some lightning quick striker from the lower leagues has moved to another championship club (such as Omar Bogle) so who knows maybe it is a gamble that will pay off and probably a lot cheaper than buying from our 4th division too.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Sacko is fast too...
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote:Sacko is fast too...
That was sort of the point I was making by saying at least he has some sort of end product having scored 17 goals.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

tbf Sacko would probably have scored 17 goals in that league...
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote:tbf Sacko would probably have scored 17 goals in that league...
I dunno - put Sacko in front of an open goal, no keeper or defender anywhere near, 17 times and I wouldn't expect him to hit double figures.