Hernandez or Saiz, who starts?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Hernandez or Saiz, who starts?

Post by Crude »

Think Pablo gets the early starts, but could easily see either player as a super sub-type to help get some late match goal creation. Pablo isn't an every match guy at this point, but imagine both will get their fair share of starts.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Hernandez or Saiz, who starts?

Post by The Subhuman »

Hernandez for me, and Green over Weidwald.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Pablo is 32yo so needs to be used sparingly
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Hernandez for me, and Green over Weidwald.
Only TC will know the answer to that question when he's seen how all four play in the pre-season matches
nickjett
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by nickjett »

I thought Hernandez contract had expired?
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Haven't seen enough of Saiz to really make a call, could they feasibly both start one at 10 and one as an out and out winger (probably Pablo)?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

nickjett wrote:I thought Hernandez contract had expired?
Pablo agreed to a new one-year deal in May

And where have you been ?

Welcome back !
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Saiz need to pass his medical yet...
Concerning me a bit that it's taking so long when Ekuban has been announced this evening
1964white

Post by 1964white »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote:Saiz need to pass his medical yet...
Concerning me a bit that it's taking so long when Ekuban has been announced this evening
Aye good point, nothing on Saiz today
nickjett
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by nickjett »

1964white wrote:Pablo agreed to a new one-year deal in May

And where have you been ?

Welcome back !
I actually dont know, lol! Ive made the occasional visit but never posted, not sure how long its been since my last post? Oh and i think its time i changed the broken link in my sig!

Back on topic, an in form Hernandez i would pick any day. But some of the matches last season he just seemed to go missing! As for Saiz, its to early to say, he may gel straight into the championship he may not. At least we know Hernandez can do a job on his day!
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Pablo shouldn't be relied to much i think he did have a decent first half of season .But yes disappeared times and for me didn't really seem to dig in and match the physical element in the later season. I like the guy but he will not start too much I'd say.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm not sure I like all the downplaying of the players that did so well last season, and they did exceed expectation, and seem to be saying without any real evidence that the new guys are much better. Judging from what I've read Green has outplayed Weidwald once. I like continuity adding small doses where needed.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

paddy parrott wrote:Pablo shouldn't be relied to much i think he did have a decent first half of season .But yes disappeared times and for me didn't really seem to dig in and match the physical element in the later season. I like the guy but he will not start too much I'd say.

Every player disappears in games at times, creative players more so and especially second tier creative players. Lost count of the number of "dangerous" players that went missing against us last season
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote:I'm not sure I like all the downplaying of the players that did so well last season, and they did exceed expectation, and seem to be saying without any real evidence that the new guys are much better. Judging from what I've read Green has outplayed Weidwald once. I like continuity adding small doses where needed.
Would agree with you which is why I have always said we needed to replace the players that left, Bartley and Taylor, and then find a way to add a few goals. The team did brilliantly last season for the most part but we desperately needed more goals especially from midfield and the wingers.

From what I have seen so far I would say we look to have given ourselves a much better chance to potentially score more goals teamwise and also have better options from the bench. Too often last season we seemed to make like for like changes, taking the wingers off but keeping the shape or changing 1 midfielder that was unlikely to score for another midfielder that was unable to score. Now it would appear that we have 3 attacking midfielders, presumably 1 or 2 on the bench and a striker with pace who will also likely be someone to bring off the bench v tiring defenders. As such we have game-changers and potentially goalscorers on the bench.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:I'm not sure I like all the downplaying of the players that did so well last season, and they did exceed expectation, and seem to be saying without any real evidence that the new guys are much better. Judging from what I've read Green has outplayed Weidwald once. I like continuity adding small doses where needed.
We played very well v Derby & Brighton in 2017

The rest of the year was average to dire

We were woeful in the midfield, had one excellent striker. Hopefully we have improved the attacking areas
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:Would agree with you which is why I have always said we needed to replace the players that left, Bartley and Taylor, and then find a way to add a few goals. The team did brilliantly last season for the most part but we desperately needed more goals especially from midfield and the wingers.

From what I have seen so far I would say we look to have given ourselves a much better chance to potentially score more goals teamwise and also have better options from the bench. Too often last season we seemed to make like for like changes, taking the wingers off but keeping the shape or changing 1 midfielder that was unlikely to score for another midfielder that was unable to score. Now it would appear that we have 3 attacking midfielders, presumably 1 or 2 on the bench and a striker with pace who will also likely be someone to bring off the bench v tiring defenders. As such we have game-changers and potentially goalscorers on the bench.
Attacking midfielders
Game-changers
Proper wingers

What are they ?

Is it any wonder why we were so average during 2017