the scotsmans out

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

the scotsmans out

Post by beer belly bert »

The Scotsman , 30, led by a set and a break but lost 12 of the last 14 games as he appeared to struggle physically.
Querrey, 29, won 3-6 6-4 6-7 (4-7) 6-1 6-1 to become the first American to reach a Grand Slam semi-final since Andy Roddick at Wimbledon in 2009.
Second seed Djokovic, who plays Tomas Berdych later on Wednesday, needs to win the title to return to the top of the rankings.
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: the scotsmans out

Post by whiteswan »

beer belly bert wrote:The Scotsman , 30, led by a set and a break but lost 12 of the last 14 games as he appeared to struggle physically.
Querrey, 29, won 3-6 6-4 6-7 (4-7) 6-1 6-1 to become the first American to reach a Grand Slam semi-final since Andy Roddick at Wimbledon in 2009.
Second seed Djokovic, who plays Tomas Berdych later on Wednesday, needs to win the title to return to the top of the rankings.
Just watched it Bert. I don't think Murray has been fully fit this Wimbledon and it really showed today. Good luck to Querrey, I think it's his first grand slam semi final. I don't like Djokovic so I'll be rooting for Roger to win the title :-D
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Can't say I'm disappointed, as I'm not a Murray fan and it'll piss his ma off!!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

The Aussie is still in though
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Missed it as I was winning playing my sport :victory:

Lovely afternoon in Flamborough
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:
Lovely afternoon in Flamborough
Love Flamborough 64. My Nan and Grandad had a holiday bungalow nestled into the cliffs, ( there were five of them) overlooking Silex Bay. We all went every school holiday. If I had a pound for every time I ran up and down those steps I'd be very rich :lol: The bungalows were removed in 1980, by which time my Nan and Grandad had moved permanently to a bungalow in Flamborough village, on the side of the road, left hand side just after the crossroads on the road to the lighthouse. In 2004 we took our first houndie Josh to Flamborough. We stood at the top of the steps that go down to the beach wondering how we would get him down. Mr Swan picked him up and proceeded slowly down, and suddenly slipped on the very steep and sandy steps....Swan landed on his backside but Josh just got up and legged it down the steps...I had my heart in my mouth I can tell you.....they are some steps....( sorry Bert if I've hijacked your topic, but you can blame 64 for mentioning Flamborough :-D )
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:Missed it as I was winning playing my sport :victory:
Glad you had a winning afternoon 64 :tup:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote:The Aussie is still in though
Kyrgios went out day one faaip :wink:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

The Scotsman isn't the only one....the Djoker has just retired injured
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

no idea what a Kyrgios is tbh
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Querry was always in with a chance with Murray being injured, especially if it went to five sets. But when Murray won the third (in the wee hours of the morning here in Oz) I went to bed thinking he'd go on to win it.

I have a friend who bet on Muller to beat Nadal and Querry to beat Murray. But sorry to disappoint you as he will not be able to provide you with next week's lottery numbers as he also bet on Dimitrov to win the tittle. ;)
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

HarryofOz wrote:

.................................................. he also bet on Dimitrov to win thetittle. ;)
Would that be the DD or the EE H? To quote BB, "PHWOARR!"
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Norm wrote:Would that be the DD or the EE H? To quote BB, "PHWOARR!"
LOL
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

faaip wrote:no idea what a Kyrgios is tbh
You need to get out more mate :roll:
Get one every Friday night after a skinfull from Nicky the Greeks takeaway
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:Love Flamborough 64. My Nan and Grandad had a holiday bungalow nestled into the cliffs, ( there were five of them) overlooking Silex Bay. We all went every school holiday. If I had a pound for every time I ran up and down those steps I'd be very rich :lol: The bungalows were removed in 1980, by which time my Nan and Grandad had moved permanently to a bungalow in Flamborough village, on the side of the road, left hand side just after the crossroads on the road to the lighthouse. In 2004 we took our first houndie Josh to Flamborough. We stood at the top of the steps that go down to the beach wondering how we would get him down. Mr Swan picked him up and proceeded slowly down, and suddenly slipped on the very steep and sandy steps....Swan landed on his backside but Josh just got up and legged it down the steps...I had my heart in my mouth I can tell you.....they are some steps....( sorry Bert if I've hijacked your topic, but you can blame 64 for mentioning Flamborough :-D )
Nice story Swan :tup:

Flamborough is beautiful as is much of East & North Yorkshire.

I feel privileged to live in such a lovely area.

I could never go back to living in a city/town especially after over 30 years in rural spots
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote:no idea what a Kyrgios is tbh
Kyrgios is an Australian tennis player faaip. He has a very bad reputation for being childish and petulant on the tennis court. He retired injured from Wimbledon on day one
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

whiteswan wrote:

Kyrgios is an Australian tennis player faaip. He has a very bad reputation for being childish and petulant on the tennis court. He retired injured from Wimbledon on day one
So did Nasty and McEnroe Swan. I've not seen Kyrgios but it sounds like he should be treated like they both should have been. Both of them should have been sanctioned at the height of their infamy.
I don't care how talented they were, their attitudes were, at times, atrocious. Both should have been banned immediately for the current and next Wimbledons. Make an example of the mean-spirited and egregious twots and they wouldn't have had half the problems the next time they were allowed to compete.
hector

Post by hector »

Ditto :mrgreen:

although to be fair.... I did like Nasty..... :shock:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

and I was and still am a fan of McEnroes play...second best player I ever saw
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

At their best they were sublime but, like 'em as much as you want lads (and I understand that), there was no excuse for their tantrums. All it needed was a 1-year ban and they wouldn't have behaved like that again. Then we could all have liked them.