He's Leeds & He Knows He Is !

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

He's Leeds & He Knows He Is !

Post by 1964white »

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/893780554?-11130:816:0

Unlike Kyle Bartley who'll probably bog off & play for his mate Monk face with the rest of the smoggies

I'll doubt he'll cut the mustard in the prem so we'll see

You're missing out on a roller-coaster treat not coming back to Leeds big man !
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Re: He's Leeds & He Knows He Is !

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Saw this on Twitter yesterday - the big man looks in good shape, hopefully benefited from structured pre-season with a real purpose ahead of the coming challenges.

p.s. love the salute that we'll see plenty of times on Sky 8-)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Saw this on Twitter yesterday - the big man looks in good shape, hopefully benefited from structured pre-season with a real purpose ahead of the coming challenges.

p.s. love the salute that we'll see plenty of times on Sky 8-)
I would make him captain especially as Pontus & Wood are the only certain starters right now, although Jansson will miss the first two games

We'll find out the nucleus of our first XI in our final friendly i reckon
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote:I would make him captain especially as Pontus & Wood are the only certain starters right now, although Jansson will miss the first two games

We'll find out the nucleus of our first XI in our final friendly i reckon
Only other candidate for me, if he's still here and in plans, is Green - but if he has a couple of mares his spot will be under threat so yep Jansson for me as well :scarf2:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Only other candidate for me, if he's still here and in plans, is Green - but if he has a couple of mares his spot will be under threat so yep Jansson for me as well :scarf2:
I suspect Bridcutt will remain captain if TC sees him as a starter
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote:I suspect Bridcutt will remain captain if TC sees him as a starter
Bridcutt going to have to step it up from last season, will be a real dog fight for starting spots in that MF and I'm not sure he will be a guaranteed starter
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

1964white wrote:http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/893780554?-11130:816:0

Unlike Kyle Bartley who'll probably bog off & play for his mate Monk face with the rest of the smoggies

I'll doubt he'll cut the mustard in the prem so we'll see

You're missing out on a roller-coaster treat not coming back to Leeds big man !
Is there any substance to this, Leon, or just supposition? For all we know, AR and the team are negotiating with Bartley; with this new regime, there's no fanfare, they get on with it and make announcements when there something concrete to be said.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Fordy181
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @richard67293755

Post by Fordy181 »

1964white wrote:I suspect Bridcutt will remain captain if TC sees him as a starter
I think Green will leave because every interview i have read about the new manger suggests he wants to play out from the back starting with the keeper and Felix has already spoken about he is confident with his feet. and with it been Greens last few years he will not stick around i dont think.

And i dont think Bridcutt will be considered a starter ahead of klitch and the boy from Newcastle. Especially not after a few games.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Bridcutt going to have to step it up from last season, will be a real dog fight for starting spots in that MF and I'm not sure he will be a guaranteed starter
Yes he was poor last season although he did miss pre-season & suffered injuries so his fitness probably told on him. I can't see him starting tbh
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote:Is there any substance to this, Leon, or just supposition? For all we know, AR and the team are negotiating with Bartley; with this new regime, there's no fanfare, they get on with it and make announcements when there something concrete to be said.
Suppostion Nick.

I have a feeling Radz & his team have considered Bartley & the cost of bringing him to ER however I suspect we are looking elsewhere in Europe for a new CB.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Am I alone in seeing Berardi as a guaranteed starter, either at LB or RB?
Surely our fierce and talented Swiss is a shoo-in?
Fordy181
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @richard67293755

Post by Fordy181 »

Norm wrote:Am I alone in seeing Berardi as a guaranteed starter, either at LB or RB?
Surely our fierce and talented Swiss is a shoo-in?

i think he will start the season at left back.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm not so sure, I think my favourite player gets left on the shelf this season unless injury strikes.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Basically we have no clue where any of these players fit in TC's plans, not sure he does yet
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Really faaip - surely Berardi's class has to have shone through?
Although I suppose we don't know what's on TC's mind but such a magnificent player should not be ignored.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Basically we have no clue where any of these players fit in TC's plans, not sure he does yet
Indeed Faaip, we won't know until the opening game, even then he may have to tinker with his favoured XI
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:I'm not so sure, I think my favourite player gets left on the shelf this season unless injury strikes.
I hope not, I strongly admire him too, always have done even when many of the ex-MOT'ers we laying into him during Gaetano's first season at Leeds
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Norm wrote:Really faaip - surely Berardi's class has to have shone through?
Although I suppose we don't know what's on TC's mind but such a magnificent player should not be ignored.

I don't think he's attack minded enough, I could argue he's our best defender but Ayling replaced him last season at RB and now Anita has arrived. Left back is not his natural position and that showed a little back end of last season.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:I don't think he's attack minded enough, I could argue he's our best defender but Ayling replaced him last season at RB and now Anita has arrived. Left back is not his natural position and that showed a little back end of last season.
Point is we have much more attacking options available to us now so does Berardi need to bomb forward as much ? I know TC love attacking full-backs so it is quite conceivable that Ayling & one other will fill the full-back roles.

I reckon Anita is our new main defensive midfielder
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm hoping a fit Bridcutt beats him out. I think he's too small to play DMF