Friday's Breakfast Debate......Or Future/Defence/Signings & Departures

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Friday's Breakfast Debate......Or Future/Defence/Signings & Departures

Post by 1964white »

Good Morning everyone

The Leeds squad fly out later today continuing their pre season tour

They will however be leaving behind Diagouraga and Erwin who have both been released by the club.

Their places on the plane will be taken by Saiz and Alioski after both players signed four year contracts at the club.

A lot has been written already about Saiz, BUT Alioski is also held in the highest regard.

Surely the likes of Saiz & Alioski are a upgrade on Diagouraga & Erwin ?

It may have slipped under the radar, but Leeds also completed the signing of Alex Machuca yesterday. The 19yo winger/attacking midfielder has signed from Rayo Vallecano & will go straight into our youth system.

Its good to see TC investing in stars of the future ?

Surely, what we need to see now is some strengthening in our defence!

Is Cooper good enough to start alongside Jansson ?

Who should play right back ?

Anita, Berardi or Ayling ??

We are a quandary with the left back position too !

As it stands would you rather see Felix or Green in goal ?

All yours folks
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Friday's Breakfast Debate......Or Future/Defence/Signings & Departures

Post by The Subhuman »

Green in goal and personally I'd like to see the best defender at right back which would be Beradi, plus he's earned it as the best player at the club over the last three years.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cooper is good enough depth to play CB4 but nowhere near good enough to start week in week out
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

What faaip said!

Erwin and Dave are no loss, imo, particularly Erwin who should never have been bought in the first place.

Forgive my ignorance, but is Alioski really held in the highest regard? I'd never heard of him until we were linked with him.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Fordy181
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @richard67293755

Post by Fordy181 »

I wouldn't be upset with Berardi at right back or Ayling at CB. But i have a feeling that Berardi will start the season at left back esp if we sign the young left back from man u.

Felix will defiantly start in goal imo.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

lufc1304 wrote:What faaip said!

Erwin and Dave are no loss, imo, particularly Erwin who should never have been bought in the first place.

Forgive my ignorance, but is Alioski really held in the highest regard? I'd never heard of him until we were linked with him.

He's played for Schaffhausen and Lugano in the Swiss league...not too sure that's the greatest pedigree
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Wiedwald surely going to be number 1 at the start of the season or else signing him makes absolutely no sense when we already have silvestri as an adequate back up. I also can't see him coming to leeds and taking a step down in division to just sit on the bench.

Berardi also clearly going to be left back, ayling right back. Berardi has shown how capable he is at left back and it would be a waste to play ayling at centre back or on the bench since he was one of our most consistent players last season. Bring in a new centre back to play with jansson.

Anita bridcutt and Vieira challenging for the central two places.

Saiz, dallas, hernandez, roofe, alioski, doukara, sacko challenging for front midfield three.

Imo we can let doukara go, and shouldn't have signed sacko. Too many players in the attacking positions.

Klich supporting all midfield positions

Wood and antonsson strikers, quite like a better back up
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

danhirons wrote:Wiedwald surely going to be number 1 at the start of the season or else signing him makes absolutely no sense when we already have silvestri as an adequate back up. I also can't see him coming to leeds and taking a step down in division to just sit on the bench.

Berardi also clearly going to be left back, ayling right back. Berardi has shown how capable he is at left back and it would be a waste to play ayling at centre back or on the bench since he was one of our most consistent players last season. Bring in a new centre back to play with jansson.

Anita bridcutt and Vieira challenging for the central two places.

Saiz, dallas, hernandez, roofe, alioski, doukara, sacko challenging for front midfield three.

Imo we can let doukara go, and shouldn't have signed sacko. Too many players in the attacking positions.

Klich supporting all midfield positions

Wood and antonsson strikers, quite like a better back up

You missed Ekuban who's a forward, Beradi is ok at LB but as the back end of last season showed it's a forced position for him. We need a good natural LB
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Cooper is good enough depth to play CB4 but nowhere near good enough to start week in week out
I think we all agree on that one :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Fordy181 wrote:I wouldn't be upset with Berardi at right back or Ayling at CB
I'd be upset Fordy.

Centre-back is one of the main cogs of the spine of any team. I don't want to see a makeshift CB playing alongside Pontus, not a fan of players playing out of their natural position