Pre season Austria - v Eibar 4pm today

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Pre season Austria - v Eibar 4pm today

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Not a good start to pre season as it s being reported that Sunday's game against Ingoldstadt has been cancelled due to security issues. Hope they can hastily arrange something against a local side just to keep them sharp and ready for the other two games
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Pre season Austria

Post by Norm »

Where did you get hold of that rich?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds United: Ingolstadt friendly ‘cancelled due to safety concerns’ SETBACK

LEEDS United’s first pre-season friendly upon their tour of Austria has reportedly been cancelled due to local safety concerns. Leeds were due to take on German outfit FC Ingolstadt in Kufstein on Sunday but the Bundesliga 2 outfit announced on their official site on Friday lunch-time that the game had been called off. A statement read: “The test game on Sunday versus Leeds United Football Club was unfortunately cancelled due to safety concerns of local authorities in the short term.” Leeds United are yet to confirm if the game has been cancelled but Ingolstadt have reportedly arranged to play Mainz’s reserves at Mainz’s training camp tomorrow instead. The local media in Austria are reporting that the authorities in Kufstein are not willing to police what they see as a ‘risk’ friendly between Ingolstadt and Leeds. Officials at FC Kufstein are not happy with the decision, with vice president Hannes Rauch saying: “I’m convinced nothing will happen.” Kufstein Arena has a capacity of just 4,500. Leeds are due to take in two more friendlies on their tour of Austria with the Whites scheduled to play Bundesliga side Borussia Monchengladbach on Thursday for an for an early-afternoon kick-off at the Silberstadt Arena in Schwaz (2.15pm). United are then scheduled to play Spanish side Eibar a week on Sunday at the Jenbach Stadium (5pm).

Read more at: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-8650309
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Norm wrote:Where did you get hold of that rich?
Phil Hay and other journalists Adam Pope etc on Twitter
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Thanks rich. I see Leon got this from the YEP.
Pity they couldn't have informed the club earlier.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Does anybody know the players they have taken to Austria, and who have they left behind?
I think that might give an indication of how things will shape up for the coming season.
With the game being cancelled does that mean that the reputation of some Ultra Leeds
fans precedes them?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote:Does anybody know the players they have taken to Austria, and who have they left behind?
I think that might give an indication of how things will shape up for the coming season.
With the game being cancelled does that mean that the reputation of some Ultra Leeds
fans precedes them?
Diagouraga & Erwin not on the tour & to be moved on

Bellusci already shipped out !

The rest are safe I believe.....for the time being anyway !
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

1964white wrote:Diagouraga & Erwin not on the tour & to be moved on

Bellusci already shipped out !

The rest are safe I believe.....for the time being anyway !
beats me how Doukara avoided the bullet , the bloke is gash
and brings nothing to the team .
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

So we have BMG and then Oxford left? Is that enough lead in to the the season with all these new players and more to come? ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

beer belly bert wrote:beats me how Doukara avoided the bullet , the bloke is gash
I doubt he'll be here long Bert

The likes of Doukara, Dallas, Phillips & Roofe have serious competition & may struggle to make the bench now let alone the first XI
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

beer belly bert wrote:beats me how Doukara avoided the bullet , the bloke is gash
We need to have a squad though and for all you don't rate Doukara we would still have to replace him which would cost money. Ideally we would look to have around 20 players that are at least of championship standard and Doukara has shown on occasions that he can be a decent player - whether he would be first choice or 5th choice back up he offers versatility so is a good player to have on the bench as he is more likely to get on for a few games than say someone who can only play left back.

I would imagine TC has given the board a list of players that he is happy to keep but that if decent offers come in then he is happy to sell them -Doukara and a few others may be on that list. No point buying more squad players then having a huge squad and being unable to shift a load of them.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:We need to have a squad though and for all you don't rate Doukara we would still have to replace him which would cost money. Ideally we would look to have around 20 players that are at least of championship standard and Doukara has shown on occasions that he can be a decent player - whether he would be first choice or 5th choice back up he offers versatility so is a good player to have on the bench as he is more likely to get on for a few games than say someone who can only play left back.

I would imagine TC has given the board a list of players that he is happy to keep but that if decent offers come in then he is happy to sell them -Doukara and a few others may be on that list. No point buying more squad players then having a huge squad and being unable to shift a load of them.
Good point Weasel

We still haven't got a squad in the same numbers & many of the other championship clubs
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by rich_leeds64 »

faaip wrote:So we have BMG and then Oxford left? Is that enough lead in to the the season with all these new players and more to come? ...
We're also playing Eibar on the Austrian tour.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Is that just announced, because not on official site
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by rich_leeds64 »

faaip wrote:Is that just announced, because not on official site
It was always the plan to have 3 games.
The officials have said that the game will definite take place as they don't foresee any trouble. Official site is poor at the best of times.

Yep reporter Phil Hay has written a piece in the YEP and the game against Eibar is a week tomorrow in Jenbach
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by rich_leeds64 »

There's a lot of rumblings on Twitter from fans in Austria that we're going to be playing Turkish side Bursaspor tomorrow around 5pm, they've posted a tweet from the Bursaspor website claiming a game has been arranged.
Hope this is the case to allow some match time for our new boys to get to know each other's game.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Leeds will play Bursaspor today but in a private training game. I find this very hard on the fans who've taken time off work and spent good money to watch 3 games in the week.

I have first hand experience of this as I travelled to Geneva to watch Leeds play Servette in the early 2000s only to find the game cancelled which left us with 3 days doing sightseeing!!!
Again in 2001 I flew out of Leeds B Airport to Maritimo, Madiera the day after the tragic 9/11 only for UEFA to cancel all games that week, so again 3 days at leisure. However this was in the days of money bags Ridsdale who refunded everyone who'd travelled with LUFCs official tour
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bursaspor's official TV channel announced. Match will be played at 19.00 for Turkey's time. I think Leeds will announce details for leeds fans
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Bursaspor game being shown live on Bursapor Youtube channel at 7pm CET (Which is 6pm UK, I believe).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwR4mX ... dZUadFfhFg
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote:Bursaspor game being shown live on Bursapor Youtube channel at 7pm CET (Which is 6pm UK, I believe).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwR4mX ... dZUadFfhFg
Hopefully we can watch it

I feel for our loyal fans out there who may not have the facility to watch the game