Too much too quickly?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
nickjett
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Too much too quickly?

Post by nickjett »

faaip wrote:Not the point..I hadn't heard of

Pedrazza
Barrow
Antonsson (played at a higher level than most of the current bunch and was banging in the goals)
Ajose
Cooper
Bamba
Bianchi
Silvestri
Roofe
Antenucci
Austin
Diagouraga
Vayrynen
Crowe
Clayton

and all of those worked out..
When you say worked out you mean what? They did well? or Had a good work out in the Gym!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

As it stands now and based on TC's supposed preferred system of 4231 I would have expected the starting XI to be

GK Green
LB Berardi
RB Ayling
2 CBs ? (given PJ is banned for 2 matches but would then be PJ plus 1 in the team)
2 DMs 2 from Vieira, Bridcutt and Anita
3 AMs from Hernandez, Saiz, Alioski etc (this would seem to be the area where the places are really up for grabs for the new guys)
CFW Wood

As such it really is the core of last year's team with the new players featuring in the position where we had to improve.
Fordy181
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @richard67293755

Post by Fordy181 »

weasel wrote:As it stands now and based on TC's supposed preferred system of 4231 I would have expected the starting XI to be

GK Green
LB Berardi
RB Ayling
2 CBs ? (given PJ is banned for 2 matches but would then be PJ plus 1 in the team)
3 AMs from Hernandez, Saiz, Alioski etc (this would seem to be the area where the places are really up for grabs for the new guys)
CFW Wood

As such it really is the core of last year's team with the new players featuring in the position where we had to improve.
im actually shocked people think Green will start in net. The new boy didn't leave the German top flight to sit on the bench
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Agreed Fordy, Green days here ate numbered, plus I'll be surprised if we don't add a full back
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

weasel wrote:As it stands now and based on TC's supposed preferred system of 4231 I would have expected the starting XI to be

GK Green
LB Berardi
RB Ayling
CFW Wood

Reckon you can add Klich in to that Vieira, Bridcutt and Anita mix - with it likely being Anita and Klich who get the nod
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Klich was injured either when he signed or just after. Is he now OK?
Charity Shield 69
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Charity Shield 69 »

It's such a fascinating time of the season. It will be very interesting to see how the First XI emerges early in the season. Will TC base his team mainly around the existing better players or go for quite a different mix with plenty of the newbies heavily involved?

I think there is a need for a core of hardened Championship players to help get the team off to a solid start. I think Bridcutt and/or O'Kane could prove very handy early on. Both have shown good form for Leeds in patches but were affected last season by starting late with us and missing the pre season grounding general needed to sustain standards & protect against injury over the Championship marathon.
Obviously Anita is already well placed to perform in the Championship.

A personal view is that it would be best to phase in the new recruits, give them a chance to adapt & do themselves and the team justice. Hopefully most are a cut above Cellino's first batch of recruits.

Cheers,
CS69
Cheers,
CS69
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

Some of these new players have been given long contracts, 3 or 4 years. Makes you think the coach and/or owner has team changes in mind.
There Is Only One United.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

billysboots wrote:Some of these new players have been given long contracts, 3 or 4 years. Makes you think the coach and/or owner has team changes in mind.
Depends which way you look at it cos could equally say they have been given long contracts to give them more time to settle in as they may struggle to adapt initially.

I am sure TC will be selecting his strongest line-up regardless of whether the player was here before he came or recently signed.
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

Depends which way you look at it cos could equally say they have been given long contracts to give them more time to settle in as they may struggle to adapt initially.

I am sure TC will be selecting his strongest line-up regardless of whether the player was here before he came or recently signed.[/quote]

Yep, see where you're coming from. Hopefully it means they are good players though and the contracts are an indication of new beginings (new, new beginings?).
There Is Only One United.