Super League

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Super League

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:

The sickening thing is we should have retained Hardaker :(
Think Bert will agree with you there 64
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

whiteswan wrote:Danny McGuire to leave Leeds Rhino's at the end of the season....64 will be pleased...

I'd prefer to see him quit so he doesn't play for anyone else, but huge respect to McGuire for leaving at a time which is probably best for the club, if not himself.
will probably turn out for Hull Kr or Featherstone or may be tempted by decent money from the Catalans , hope the fans are good to him if he ever turns out against the rhinos

THANKS DANNY

he can retire knowing he played a big part in the greatest rugby league team ever

I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

went up to headingley last night and it was "BORING" would like to think Mcdermott learnt a few things last night about Hull in preparation for the semis in 2 weeks time but I doubt it . came home and wathched the cas v Salford game and loved it the only downside was Edens injury that looked very bad , don't think we will see the lad again this season which is devastating for him as Cas look good to lift trophies this year ..The best result last night has to go to Wakefield for turning it around and then finishing widnes off with ease , a couple of decent signings for next season and wakey will be right up there as long as they retain the players they have .. :tup:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

beer belly bert wrote:went up to headingley last night and it was "BORING" would like to think Mcdermott learnt a few things last night about Hull in preparation for the semis in 2 weeks time but I doubt it . came home and wathched the cas v Salford game and loved it the only downside was Edens injury that looked very bad , don't think we will see the lad again this season which is devastating for him as Cas look good to lift trophies this year ..The best result last night has to go to Wakefield for turning it around and then finishing widnes off with ease , a couple of decent signings for next season and wakey will be right up there as long as they retain the players they have .. :tup:
Didn't see the game but it was a close call in the end

Were the Rhinos poor on their won stomping ground again ?
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

1964white wrote:Didn't see the game but it was a close call in the end

Were the Rhinos poor on their won stomping ground again ?

very poor Leon with handling errors and lack of shape "ALL MATCH" the team is crying out for a leader on the pitch that can direct and dictate to the team and push them on .
1964white

Post by 1964white »

beer belly bert wrote:very poor Leon with handling errors and lack of shape "ALL MATCH" the team is crying out for a leader on the pitch that can direct and dictate to the team and push them on .
Been a similar story all season Bert

I can't believe we are 2nd in the table, a position we are looking likely to finish in :shock:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

beer belly bert wrote:went up to headingley last night and it was "BORING" would like to think Mcdermott learnt a few things last night about Hull in preparation for the semis in 2 weeks time but I doubt it . came home and wathched the cas v Salford game and loved it the only downside was Edens injury that looked very bad , don't think we will see the lad again this season which is devastating for him as Cas look good to lift trophies this year ..The best result last night has to go to Wakefield for turning it around and then finishing widnes off with ease , a couple of decent signings for next season and wakey will be right up there as long as they retain the players they have .. :tup:
That's a shame Bert, you feeling like that...bored with your fave team. From what you and 64 say, some major work needs sorting out with the Rhinos. Good that they are second in the table though. Yes, Wakefield had a tremendous result last night. They have had a smashing season, consolidating Super League status and they've played some good rugby as well. My major concern is where they will play next season. This is the last season at Belle Vue ( such a shame and I'm really gutted about it) and Wakefield council and planners and the rest can't seem to get something sorted out for Trinity. So they might end up ground sharing....you would think that the city of Wakefield would be proud of their team (one of the oldest i think) and do their best to find them some land so they can have a stadium worthy of the team
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

whiteswan wrote:That's a shame Bert, you feeling like that...bored with your fave team. From what you and 64 say, some major work needs sorting out with the Rhinos. Good that they are second in the table though. Yes, Wakefield had a tremendous result last night. They have had a smashing season, consolidating Super League status and they've played some good rugby as well. My major concern is where they will play next season. This is the last season at Belle Vue ( such a shame and I'm really gutted about it) and Wakefield council and planners and the rest can't seem to get something sorted out for Trinity. So they might end up ground sharing....you would think that the city of Wakefield would be proud of their team (one of the oldest i think) and do their best to find them some land so they can have a stadium worthy of the team
pretty sure Featherstone have offered a ground share to wakefield , only five miles from bell vue so it would be perfect until a solution is found .
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

beer belly bert wrote:pretty sure Featherstone have offered a ground share to wakefield , only five miles from bell vue so it would be perfect until a solution is found .
Featherstone have indeed offered their ground Bert, but the Wakey chairman has come out and said that we won't be playing there. Dewsbury rams was another ground mentioned but I would prefer Featherstone. I keep checking the wakey website for ground info but nothing. Something needs to get sorted out!
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

whiteswan wrote:Featherstone have indeed offered their ground Bert, but the Wakey chairman has come out and said that we won't be playing there. Dewsbury rams was another ground mentioned but I would prefer Featherstone. I keep checking the wakey website for ground info but nothing. Something needs to get sorted out!
Dewsbury = sh1thole
Featherstone = decent ground

no doubt the chairmen of the clubs will be working out some dodgy deal between them , hope they get it sorted as the fans deserve better .
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Leeds Rhinos have confirmed that hooker Rob Burrow will retire at the end of the season to take up a role on the backroom staff
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

70 mins...Leeds losing to Wigan 24 - 0..... ( correction...Wigan just scored again! 28 - 0) what the???
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Now 34 - 0 .....I'm off to watch 'The Loch' with a glass of red. Awful crom Leeds :(
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

whiteswan wrote:Now 34 - 0 . Awful from Leeds :(
Thirteen players out "injured". 2 x 17 yo's and 5 x 18 yo's playing. Saving players for the Cup Semi next week. I hope it is not McDermott's Sutton. Thought the youngsters did well, considering.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote:Thirteen players out "injured". 2 x 17 yo's and 5 x 18 yo's playing. Saving players for the Cup Semi next week. I hope it is not McDermott's Sutton. Thought the youngsters did well, considering.
Once again i feel sorry for our fans.....I've been there !

Torture to watch....thankfully I only witnessed 30 minutes of that fiasco as I was assisting our FULL first team with all three rinks winning their matches, 10 more points in the bag :-D
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Always a difficult decision over the call to rest so many players. Obviously if we win next week then the decision pays off - if we fielded a full strength line-up lats night and got a couple of injuries then BMc would have got slated - especially given the structure of SuperLeague where the result was fairly unimportant last night - don't forget the 2 years we won the SuperLeague despite only finishing 5th.
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Mcdermott is a total fool , his comments at the end were not what any manager should say on live T.V" I expected to lose by 4 - 6 points but not that margin " . He took a team to one of our biggest rivals which he chose knowing they would lose , to me that shows total disrespect to the fans who spent good money travelling to watch a game that the manager knew he would lose because of his selections .

I will say that I place no blame on the players it was men V boys last night and a wigan team of the past would have put 50/60 over last night without breaking sweat , our saviour last night was the fact that the wigan team at the moment are very poor . the same old problems surfaced last night with a new bunch of players on the pitch which shows that its a coaching issue and the players are been told to play this way , it was obvious last night that this new bunch of young players are been coached to go down the middle with no width , we had no shape at play the ball (bunching) and handling errors were too high .

we have players out on loan all over the lower leagues which would have been more suited to last nights game , the problems are only going to get worse under this clown as manager , when McGuire and Burrows finish at the end of the season that only leaves JJB and Abblet who were part of the great Tony smith team that McDermott inherited after this its all his team . the super league is littered with star players that this clown has either mis-managed or let go . you could say I'm been unfair as we are in 2nd place and the semis of the cup but it will only get worse with his coaching and management style .

just hope the young kids put last nights game down to experience and make the step up to become 1st teamers on a regular basis , and whilst I'm here did anybody else notice the wigan youth players were ripped and muscle bound whilst ours looked like they needed a good dinner ,

oh well I suppose all will be forgotten if we beat Hull in the semis at the weekend .

RANT OVER
1964white

Post by 1964white »

beer belly bert wrote:Mcdermott is a total fool , his comments at the end were not what any manager should say on live T.V" I expected to lose by 4 - 6 points but not that margin " . He took a team to one of our biggest rivals which he chose knowing they would lose , to me that shows total disrespect to the fans who spent good money travelling to watch a game that the manager knew he would lose because of his selections .

I will say that I place no blame on the players it was men V boys last night and a wigan team of the past would have put 50/60 over last night without breaking sweat , our saviour last night was the fact that the wigan team at the moment are very poor . the same old problems surfaced last night with a new bunch of players on the pitch which shows that its a coaching issue and the players are been told to play this way , it was obvious last night that this new bunch of young players are been coached to go down the middle with no width , we had no shape at play the ball (bunching) and handling errors were too high .

we have players out on loan all over the lower leagues which would have been more suited to last nights game , the problems are only going to get worse under this clown as manager , when McGuire and Burrows finish at the end of the season that only leaves JJB and Abblet who were part of the great Tony smith team that McDermott inherited after this its all his team . the super league is littered with star players that this clown has either mis-managed or let go . you could say I'm been unfair as we are in 2nd place and the semis of the cup but it will only get worse with his coaching and management style .

just hope the young kids put last nights game down to experience and make the step up to become 1st teamers on a regular basis , and whilst I'm here did anybody else notice the wigan youth players were ripped and muscle bound whilst ours looked like they needed a good dinner ,

oh well I suppose all will be forgotten if we beat Hull in the semis at the weekend .

RANT OVER
I have the same issues with him Bert

How we are 2nd in the league god only knows, probably because it's a poor Super League this season.

Why not use the flanks, our wingers spend more time defending than attacking meanwhile we continue to use brute, force & ignorance going down the compact middle

I see we allowing one of best young players Jack Walker to leave who'll no doubt will comeback to haunt us. Young Jack is obviously unimpressed with McDermott as a coach.
As you say he is a clown !
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/40670909

McDermott's management reminds me of Monk, so negative & cautious :(
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

1964white wrote:I have the same issues with him Bert

How we are 2nd in the league god only knows, probably because it's a poor Super League this season.

Why not use the flanks, our wingers spend more time defending than attacking meanwhile we continue to use brute, force & ignorance going down the compact middle

I see we allowing one of best young players Jack Walker to leave who'll no doubt will comeback to haunt us. Young Jack is obviously unimpressed with McDermott as a coach.
As you say he is a clown !
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/40670909

McDermott's management reminds me of Monk, so negative & cautious :(

load of bollox Leon what the club and Walkers agent are peddling , the kid has been tapped up by a big money offer which Hetherington wont match , Jack is a far better player than Goulding and will only get better with age and experience and any other club would move heaven and earth to keep him , my money is on Warrington picking him up and under Tony smith he will come back and run us ragged . If by some miracle the decision is reversed and he stays all that says to me is Hetherington has caved in , cant see it happening myself but miracles do happen . (not Rhino or united fans though )
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Very disappointing result for Wakey at home yesterday, dropping them down to fifth on a very slender goal difference. Lost their home advantages now....dont know what went wrong, I havent had the chance to read a match report yet.