Pre season Austria - v Eibar 4pm today

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Re: Pre season Austria

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Silvestri, Ayling, cooper, Jansson, Berardi
O'Kane, Phillip, Roofe,Hernandez
Dallas and Wood

Don't know about subs
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

2nd goal we conceded was absolutely woeful. Am guessing it was Anita at right back that got caught out of position - hard to tell on the video, and Silvestre completely stationary on his line as the cross came in and either Pontus or Cooper (think it was Cooper) deciding not to track his man and giving him a free header. Could be wrong on Anita and PJ/Cooper though! Really was woeful defending all round though.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Third goal woeful too and generally woeful defending from us. Judging from the names I have heard later on in the commentary I think it was Anita and Cooper at fault for the 2nd goal as they are on the pitch.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Not sure who is playing alongside Cooper in central defence but our defence looks awful.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

God help us if Silvestre starts or is our back up this season. Shockingly poor. The first goal we conceded was just unbelievably poor goalkeeping after getting lucky when he flapped and got nowhere near the ball a couple of minutes earlier. 2nd goal rooted to his line. Even though have only seen bits from the match he had been awful several times when crosses have come in..
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

rich_leeds64 wrote:Silvestri, Ayling, cooper, Jansson, Berardi
O'Kane, Phillip, Roofe,Hernandez
Dallas and Wood

Don't know about subs
God help us if more than 4 of those are in our first choice XI as they were ripped apart time after time. Made Bursaspor look like Real Madrid Anyone concerned about the new signings all coming in and starting should watch this match as the starting line up contained 11 original players and we were awful.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

The minute you put Cooper in with Jansson our defence downgrades 50% on last season, add in a keeper who's not plyed in a while and it gets worse. On top of that you have Beradi out of position and Ayling is not a great defender. Starting mid looks a downgrade on last season too.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Apparently Cooper cocked up on all three goals, well that's a surprise :roll:

That's him out of the door, surely TC, Radz & his team won't put up with such ineptness !

Friendlies are mainly about fitness/preparation in the build up for the new season, also they give a
decent manager/coach the opportunity to see how good his players are in game time

Bye bye Cooper & one or two more I suspect
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:God help us if more than 4 of those are in our first choice XI as they were ripped apart time after time. Made Bursaspor look like Real Madrid Anyone concerned about the new signings all coming in and starting should watch this match as the starting line up contained 11 original players and we were awful.
At least six of that side that started tonight are simply not good enough, they blew it last season & I have no doubt they would do the same in 2017/18
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:God help us if Silvestre starts or is our back up this season. Shockingly poor. The first goal we conceded was just unbelievably poor goalkeeping after getting lucky when he flapped and got nowhere near the ball a couple of minutes earlier. 2nd goal rooted to his line. Even though have only seen bits from the match he had been awful several times when crosses have come in..
Nothing changes then !
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Looks like a lot of possible fringe players were given a chance to push for a starting line-up but nobody took the opportunity. Silvestri shocking for first and second goal, Cooper shocking for 2nd. Third goal far too easy for them too.

Sometimes a shocking performance like that is actually a good thing for the manager as it makes it easier for him to decide on players. The only concern would be if the rest of the players all played as poorly in the other friendlies.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Worrying to say the least ! I didnt see any of the game but you guys who did have got me worried for sure. I have been concerned over the past few weeks as we bring in players from nondescript foreign leagues and must say we really haven't got a clue how these guys will perform in the heat of the Championship. All I can do is hope !!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Leeds first half: Silvestri, Ayling, Jansson, Cooper, Berardi, Dallas, O’Kane, Phillips, Roofe, Hernandez, Wood.

Leeds second half: Silvestri, Gomes, Cooper, Shaughnessy, Anita, Allioski, Bridcutt, Saiz, Antonsson, Doukara, Ekuban.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

60sUnited wrote:Worrying to say the least ! I didnt see any of the game but you guys who did have got me worried for sure. I have been concerned over the past few weeks as we bring in players from nondescript foreign leagues and must say we really haven't got a clue how these guys will perform in the heat of the Championship. All I can do is hope !!

I wouldn't be yet, hastily arranged training ground game with zero importance. Sounds like we created a lot and the second half team worse than the first. Not sure why Weidwald didn't get a run out at all though.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Leeds first half: Silvestri, Ayling, Jansson, Cooper, Berardi, Dallas, O’Kane, Phillips, Roofe, Hernandez, Wood.

Leeds second half: Silvestri, Gomes, Cooper, Shaughnessy, Anita, Allioski, Bridcutt, Saiz, Antonsson, Doukara, Ekuban.
So Silvestri & Cooper were the only players who played the full 90 minutes. TC must have been taking a long hard look at the pair, I suspect he was shocked at what he witnessed, no surprise for our fans though as we've experienced their ineptness for the last three seasons. It's hard to believe they have played nearly 170 games between them for Leeds & don't seem to improve. Is it any wonder why we've been poor with these two clowns lurking around our defence !
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

The Turkish forwards pressed every ball. I watch the second half on youtube and the number of
slack cross field passes by Cooper that were intercepted was disgraceful. Antonsson missing chances
once again... Barn-door Billy Paynter and him seem to be brothers from different mothers. Alioski seemed
to be taking all the free kicks and corners and was putting on some decent balls, but nobody got on
the end of them. I suppose he fancies himself in Hernandez's position.

If our defence was a vagina then it would be as sloppy as a wizard's sleeve
Fordy181
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @richard67293755

Post by Fordy181 »

I dont know if i dare continue to read twitter or Facebook today, i thought something had happend through the night and we had been deducted 50 pts with some of the reactions to last night game.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

What really went down... and explanation from Phil Hay.

Thomas Christiansen wanted three friendlies in Austria and Leeds United’s head coach got his way despite Sunday’s meeting with Ingolstadt falling victim to local politics.

Leeds succeeded in talking Bursaspor into a rapidly-arranged game on Monday night, played just over the Italian border, but the event was not without its dramas.

United wanted discretion and asked for the match to be staged behind-closed-doors, aware of security issues if a large crowd turned up and conscious of the fact that any problems would put their remaining friendlies against Borussia Monchengladbach and Eibar in jeopardy.

Bursaspor agreed that the fixture would be a private affair and that neither club would report on it - before deciding to publicise it across social media on Sunday.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote:What really went down... and explanation from Phil Hay.

Thomas Christiansen wanted three friendlies in Austria and Leeds United’s head coach got his way despite Sunday’s meeting with Ingolstadt falling victim to local politics.

Leeds succeeded in talking Bursaspor into a rapidly-arranged game on Monday night, played just over the Italian border, but the event was not without its dramas.

United wanted discretion and asked for the match to be staged behind-closed-doors, aware of security issues if a large crowd turned up and conscious of the fact that any problems would put their remaining friendlies against Borussia Monchengladbach and Eibar in jeopardy.

Bursaspor agreed that the fixture would be a private affair and that neither club would report on it - before deciding to publicise it across social media on Sunday.
How strange :?
1964white

Leeds 1 (Ayling) v BM 0

Post by 1964white »

If your not a LUTV subscriber

Sign in now

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... e-streamed

Watch the Borussia Mönchengladbach at 1.15pm this Thursday FREE !