Leeds v Port Vale Team/Report/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Your Starting 11

Poll ended at Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:19 pm

Wiedwald
2%
Green
8%
Peacock-Farrell
No votes
Cooper
9%
Pennington
3%
Borthwick-Jackson
9%
Denton
No votes
Ayling
6%
Berardi
No votes
Anita
8%
Bridcutt
2%
Diagouraga
No votes
Klich
5%
O'Kane
3%
Vieira
5%
Phillips
8%
Dallas
5%
Roofe
3%
Alioski
5%
Hernandez
2%
Sacko
3%
Saiz
8%
Wood
3%
Antonsson
2%
Doukara
No votes
Ekuban
6%

Total votes: 66

gessa

Re: Leeds v Port Vale Team/Report/Ratings

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote::roflmao:

Finished off with a Guinness

I've had a lovely evening in every aspect mate :beer:

Nice to hear. :tup:
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:That's five goals from our midfield.....never would have happened under Monk
Early days but we already have more scoring options.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Really think he needs a league 1 loan deal the gulf between him and Alioski was immense.
Where mate ?

Sadlers Wells Ballet Company :wink:
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

gessa wrote:Only Port Vale mate but time and time again we've slipped upped badly against the likes.
Not many times I've watched us play lower league teams and felt that comfortable - really was men against boys, could easily have had 7 or 8.
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:Where mate ?

Sadlers Wells Ballet Company :wink:

Not fussed as long as it's away from here.

He shouldn't make the bench Saturday.
gessa

Post by gessa »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Not many times I've watched us play lower league teams and felt that comfortable - really was men against boys, could easily have had 7 or 8.
Agreed, we looked like we could score with every attack, all 3 subs did well too.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

gessa wrote:Really think he needs a league 1 loan deal,, the gulf between him and Alioski was immense.
True the big difference was that Supercalifragalisticexpialioski when he went down the right wing
was able to send in quality crosses. He can also run with pace. Didn't he run from inside his own half
before crossing for the Eukban goal?
gessa

Post by gessa »

rab_rant wrote:True the big difference was that Supercalifragalisticexpialioski when he went down the right wing
was able to send in quality crosses. He can also run with pace. Didn't he run from inside his own half
before crossing for the Eukban goal?
He did Rab and tided up at right back on another occassion, really seems a fit lad. Must start on the right on Saturday,
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

gessa wrote:He did Rab and tided up at right back on another occassion, really seems a fit lad. Must start on the right on Saturday,
Phenomenal work rate from Alioski and looks a real team player. Would have been very understandable for him to have shot after his long run but selflessly slipped the ball inside instead to create a goal - similar in a way to when he headed to Wood on Sunday instead of trying to score himself.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

When did we last see football like this ?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... dOOFYKAsjw
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Alioski, Saiz, Ekuban......fantastic ! BUT we must offload sacko to some unsuspecting Conference team where he may get an odd game !!
gessa

Post by gessa »

Wiedwald -6 Not much to do, think he could have done better with the first goal, 3 times he's picked the ball out of the net, as he made an actual save yet?
Dobbo - 8 Looks a great signing, solid performer
Shaughnessy-7 Better than Sunday, did what he had to do pretty well
Ayling -7.5 Not a CB but can get away with it against this type of opposition,
Borthwick-Jackson-7.5 Looks very good going forward, not much to do in defence
Vieira, 8- Had a good understanding with Klich, got better as the game went on, great assist for the second
Klich - 7- Good tidy game, came off at the right time, needs game time for his fitness
Sacko- 1 - Hopeless, I know people say he's low on confidence which may well be true but he doesn't look interested.
Saiz, 10- The perfect debut, 3 goals and a lovely step over for the 4th- His all round play was excellent, has to start Saturday
Dallas, 7 - Started really well, faded after the hour.
Ekuban 7.5 Looks promising took his goal very well
Gomes 7 Liked the look of him, comfortable on the ball
Bridcutt 7 Neat and tidy seemed to play a freer role than last season
Aliosk - 9 Made a massive difference when he came on, up and down helping in defence and always created something going forward, 3 decent attempts at goal too, that weren't far away.
TC- 10 got everything right other than starting Sacko but that was probably more a fact finding mission, if so he's forgiven for that, as long as he doesn't start him again that is.
Last edited by gessa on Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gessa

Post by gessa »

weasel wrote:Phenomenal work rate from Alioski and looks a real team player. Would have been very understandable for him to have shot after his long run but selflessly slipped the ball inside instead to create a goal - similar in a way to when he headed to Wood on Sunday instead of trying to score himself.
That's the big thing for me about hm, he's a team player.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Speaking of Monk, I can't find a Carabao round 1 fixture or result for them.
Thinking about it I couldn't find one for Hull either, yet Sunderland play tomorrow.
Do teams relegated from the Prem. have the option to opt out of the EFL Cup - anybody know?

Ah, found my own answer - never knew this -

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 07991.html

2nd round draw tomorrow
gessa

Post by gessa »

Norm wrote:Speaking of Monk, I can't find a Carabao round 1 fixture or result for them.
Thinking about it I couldn't find one for Hull either, yet Sunderland play tomorrow.
Do teams relegated from the Prem. have the option to opt out of the EFL Cup - anybody know?

Ah, found my own answer - never knew this -

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 07991.html

2nd round draw tomorrow
Why is being drawn in Monaco, jobs for the boys I suppose.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I did think that ges - must need sunshine to get their peckers up after all that fiddling!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Sounds like a cracking win but had to miss it unfortunately, how did the left back do and good to see Gianni have another good game...Saturday' selection is going to be tough
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:9 changes

Right booked a meal for 7.30pm, hopefully we'll be 3-0 up by the time I hit the bar :lol:
Hope you had a nice meal 64, not quite 3-0 up by the time you hit the bar but surely 3-1 would have been about the time?
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Today was excellent and more convincing overall than Sunday's ok performance. We kept the ball far better and were more of a consistent threat especially in the second half were it was us creating chance after chance for 45 minutes. Some of the football so far has been incredible to watch and I particularly like the way we commit players forward when we attack we are almost a 2-4-3-1 on the ball. Hopefully, we can get another win on Saturday, however, the real acid test will be the Fulham, Sunderland and Forest games all 3 will provide different challenges and give us a better idea about the team. Fulham and Forest are teams who will probably counteract our possesion game with their own possesion based style and Fulham in particular will give us a big test defensively. Sunderland under Grayson will probably test out our attacking options and see how they perform against a team that sits back more defensively. If we can get through August with a decent points tally and prove we can adapt our system to different teams then I will be very enthusiastic about what these next 9 months will bring :-D
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Sky news areporting that according to Port Vale manager Michael Brown, (one of Warnocks journey men who just wanted a big pay day at Elland Road) Saiz is accused of spitting at Joe Davies round about half time. Apparently there was uproar in the Port Vale dugout and they asked Leeds Utd to take him off....they're whining and whinging because Leeds wouldn't take him off (Leeds disputed the claims so why should they) and he went on to score a hat trick. Apparently no camera caught this incident.....