LUTV

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

LUTV

Post by whiteswan »

Ive been a subscriber to LUTV for many years, but decided that this season i wouldn't pay the yearly £52 but perhaps do the odd weekly payment of 0.99p. I was waiting for the email to arrive asking me whether i wanted to carry on with the yearly but no email arrived. Imagine my surprise when i was going through my bank statement, to find that LUFC had taken £52 direct debit without actually asking me! So, I got Mr Swan on the case. He managed to find contact details for 'whoever' had taken the money and sent them a very nice but very pointed email at 3.20 pm yesterday ( i wanted to inform them before the first match of the season). I was gobsmacked to receive a reply within five minutes and that the money would be refunded within the next 5 - 7 days! I can imagine that this has happened to lots of people which is why I got such a prompt response. Theres obviously been some 'c**k up' somewhere but credit to the club for sorting things out so quickly. ( I'll let you know when the money is back in my account)
Anyone else had this happen to them?
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Re: LUTV

Post by Gurj »

It hasnt happened to me but I am not surprised to hear it has occured. LUTV is such a shambles. The overseas fans who decide to go down the Pay per view route this season ( £5 per game ) will be in for a rocky ride me thinks. but hopefully Radz will get things sorted very soon as this is very much he's forte, tv/digital media etc.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Given the shambles of the free pre-season games on LUTV I decided against paying to watch the Bolton match although will be monitoring people's feedback and if it sounds like they get their act together will probably start watching some games on it.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Money is now back in my account :-D. Although it shouldn't have been taken in the first place i think thats a very good response from the football club (or media team...whoever)