Saturday Breakfast Debate - Wood on his way to Burnley

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Saturday Breakfast Debate - Wood on his way to Burnley

Post by 1964white »

Leeds have rejected a cheeky £12m bid from Burnley for Chris Wood plus a £16m bid from another unnamed prem club

Here we go I suspect the bidding war has started

Lets hope Woody hasn't got his Charlie hat on thinking I'll have a bit of that......a cool 2 million £££ & much more in his bank account !

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/897684962?-11130:816:0

Thoughts
hector

Re: Sunday Breakfast Debate - Leeds Reject Wood Bid

Post by hector »

1964white wrote:Leeds have rejected a cheeky £12m bid from Burnley for Chris Wood plus a £16m bid from another unnamed prem club

Here we go I suspect the bidding war has started

Lets hope Woody hasn't got his Charlie hat on thinking I'll have a bit of that......a cool 2 million £££ & much more in his bank account !

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/897684962?-11130:816:0

Thoughts

my first thought is that you have missed a day Leon.... :lol: :lol:
1964white

Re: Sunday Breakfast Debate - Leeds Reject Wood Bid

Post by 1964white »

Could have sworn I'd copied Saturday, too early before my first cuppa is my excuse :lol:
hector

Re: Saturday Breakfast Debate - Leeds Reject Wood Bid

Post by hector »

Just sloppy work Leon.... :roll: :roll: :mrgreen:

Think we should hold out and not sell him.... But if a silly offer comes in, then reap the rewards.. However if his head is now going to be turned a la Taylor et al... then take the money and boot him out...
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

If we get a bid north of £20 million it will be hard to refuse but prefer if we don't let him go but now a days I'm afraid if the big offer comes in and he fancies it then he's gone.

My big worry would be who'll step up to take his place and score the goals, wouldn't say no to us putting a cheeky little bid in for Gary Madine at Bolton if Wood goes as he could def do a job and in a Leeds team score 15+ goals
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Would be a setback if Wood goes unless we have a stunning striker option in mind to replace our current No.9
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

if a bid of £20 million + comes in then its see you later chris , if wood takes the bait and has his head turned we must sell him on our terms and not let the player start dictating it .
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

if a bid of £20 million + comes in then its see you later chris , if wood takes the bait and has his head turned we must sell him on our terms and not let the player start dictating it .
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
LUFC 1966
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by LUFC 1966 »

I agree . as we cannot compete with Premiership money to keep him . An offer of 20mil + is too good to turn down,
We are already in the market for a replacement .

Feel for the kids who went big on getting his name on their new shirts
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Going to cost us to replace him, especially with time running out so I would have thought it would have to be £20m+ bid to get the club interested but unfortunately don't think we've heard the last of this yet. As others have suggested may come down to Wood's view - hopefully he's seen enough in pre-season and first couple of games to suggest that it would be short term gain.....but it would be guaranteed £££ for him.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

We don't need to rise to any bait Big Chris Wood ain't going and why should he?...Burnley or whoever. The lad is we hope content at Leeds scoring for fun we hope continues and who can say ? Oh he won't score 30 again ? He may not nor will have too giving our forward players this year. Personally I don't believe we would get a silly inflated fee for one of ours anyway and Burnley are playing silly buggers trying to maybe turn the lad's head but come on it's hardly a leading club.
Reidy
Ballboy
Ballboy
Twitter: @Reidyboy30

Post by Reidy »

Hope he stays, but he's bound to be tempted, another shot at the prem. Need a replacement mind, what we've got won't cut it. Madine isn't a bad shout. Is Deeney an option, probably tidy at Championship level still?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Though Madine was one of the best players on the pitch v Bolton and the only one for Bolton of any quality. The rest look like they were playing in league 2.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Though Madine was one of the best players on the pitch v Bolton and the only one for Bolton of any quality. The rest look like they were playing in league 2.
Yes Bolton's best player Faaip :tup:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Just been reported on Sky Sports News that Burnley are going to come back with another offer for Wood...hope theyre wrong!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

As good as Wood was last season provided a portion was spent on squad improvements such as
*Harlee Dean at Brentford/ cb 3mil i think was the rumoured price.
Kenneth Zohore at Cardiff/ big lad like Wood but seems to have bit more pace and had John Terry looking 86 not 36 at the weekend. 6-10mil maybe.
If Wood went for 20mil that would get a replacement and a commanding cb and ex club captain (hypothetically)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

welcome CJay, coming from the POV a lot of us are
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Thanks Faaip long time reader thought was about time said something .
Love Chris Wood but Javier Hernandez scored 40 odd goals in Germany last 2 years he went to West Ham for 16mil so 20mil for Wood seems not a bad deal.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:As good as Wood was last season provided a portion was spent on squad improvements such as
*Harlee Dean at Brentford/ cb 3mil i think was the rumoured price.
Kenneth Zohore at Cardiff/ big lad like Wood but seems to have bit more pace and had John Terry looking 86 not 36 at the weekend. 6-10mil maybe.
If Wood went for 20mil that would get a replacement and a commanding cb and ex club captain (hypothetically)
Logical thinking there Cjay :tup:

Welcome to MOT
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Welcome to MOT Cjay :-D