The Championship 17/18

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

The Championship 17/18

Post by 1964white »

Hull City beat one of the relegation favourites Bolton 4-0 last night with young Jarrod Bowen scoring two goals, four his last five games

Villa drew 1-1 at Bristol City
No surprise to me Villa are not setting the championship alight once again, early doors I know but I just think Bruce has made some poor signings
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Re: This weekend's Championship

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Bamba scores winner for Cardiff :( What happened to him here, just lost the plot?
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Canaries lose 4 - 0 away at Millwall....they are struggling.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

The Championship 17/18

Post by Cjay »

Hadnt seen a thread so thought I'd make one for The Championship as a whole :)

Been looking at other clubs forums and they all had one so thought we should to especially as its going so well :bang: :shirt: :clap:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
gessa

Re: The Championship 17/18

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote:Hadnt seen a thread so thought I'd make one for The Championship as a whole :)

Been looking at other clubs forums and they all had one so thought we should to especially as its going so well :bang: :shirt: :clap:
Did you take a look at Boro's today, not happy with Howson, already saying a waste of £6M . A lot saying the same things Twiggs used to say about him.

A lot of complimentary posts on the Forest forum about us. :-D
gessa

Post by gessa »

Norwich really struggling, bottom 3, concerned 4 goals today and manager saying he doubts they'll be bringing anyone else in before transfer deadline, Oliviera not happy with said manager either, could be a long hard season for them.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

gessa wrote:Did you take a look at Boro's today, not happy with Howson, already saying a waste of £6M . A lot saying the same things Twiggs used to say about him.

Haven't looked at Boro since there last match but looked a few days ago. . Not happy campers, Garry Monk is not the Messiah. . Bring back Aitor. . . Cant play well for more then 45minutes. . . To defensive. .Last 2 points are not surprising tbf :roll:
Forest fans were complimentary which is nice and good to see, none of this "they were poor we were worse". . Quite a few said we are the best team they have played this season, which includes Newcastle and Boro :mrgreen:
Not a bad side Forest, work in progress, Murphy is good at this level. . There number 10 was threatening, they try to play nice football, not hoofball (Bolton). :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

gessa wrote:Norwich really struggling, bottom 3, concerned 4 goals today and manager saying he doubts they'll be bringing anyone else in before transfer deadline, Oliviera not happy with said manager either, could be a long hard season for them.
Read there forum there fans are concerned, best striker as you say not happy, new manager (hoping for a Wagner mark 2) isnt working out, wrong tactics, formation, playing style, subs, signings basically everything a manager is responsible for is wrong in there opinion. Signed a cb which they say they needed only to loan back to the club he came from till January. Battered by an awful Millwall side, could be in trouble, early doors but from reading what there own fans say there a shambles.
Signed

King Cjay

liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Think you can rule the mackems out 3 nowt :pig:

BLESS :roflmao:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Did you take a look at Boro's today, not happy with Howson, already saying a waste of £6M . A lot saying the same things Twiggs used to say about him.

We pay £3m for Saiz who is quite simply different class
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Haven't looked at Boro since there last match but looked a few days ago. . Not happy campers, Garry Monk is not the Messiah. . Bring back Aitor. . . Cant play well for more then 45minutes. . . To defensive. .Last 2 points are not surprising tbf :roll:
Forest fans were complimentary which is nice and good to see, none of this "they were poor we were worse". . Quite a few said we are the best team they have played this season, which includes Newcastle and Boro :mrgreen:{/b]
Not a bad side Forest, work in progress, Murphy is good at this level. . There number 10 was threatening, they try to play nice football, not hoofball (Bolton). :lol:

I also had a look at the Forest forum, they very complimentary about Leeds, majority mention 'how well we press from the front & we were the better team'

As for Monk why am I not surprised, always insisted he is negative & restrains his players.
With his array of attacking players they should be attacking with freedom, GM is far too cautious.
Will be his undoing as it was at Swansea & Leeds. Boring, boring, boring Boro'!
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:We pay £3m for Saiz who is quite simply different class
I had high hopes for Alioski and Saiz but can't believe how quickly they have adapted. Klich will be another i think, given time.

Monk getting a slating already, crap system, one dimensional no plan b. All sounds familiar
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

gessa wrote:I had high hopes for Alioski and Saiz but can't believe how quickly they have adapted. Klich will be another i think, given time.

Monk getting a slating already, crap system, one dimensional no plan b. All sounds familiar
Don't say it too loud but looking like we've got the best manager in the league plus an owner who really backs his management team :tup: :tup: :tup:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
gessa

Post by gessa »

Ratscoot wrote:Don't say it too loud but looking like we've got the best manager in the league plus an owner who really backs his management team :tup: :tup: :tup:

Early days but can only see it getting better the more they play together, like how he has got us playing as a unit , no big spaces between the front and back, the work rate is excellent. The whole team from players to the owner, there seems to be a togetheress.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Early days but can only see it getting better the more they play together, like how he has got us playing as a unit , no big spaces between the front and back, the work rate is excellent. The whole team from players to the owner, there seems to be a togetheress
Something that's not been at Leeds over the last 13 years
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Sheffield Wednesday forum is a fun read its my favourite :-D
Never really understood how they managed to get to the playoffs twice, whenever I've watched them there incredibly dull :roflmao:

Full of plodders, hard working but devoid of any pace, flair, excitement basically what we have with Alioski, Pablo and Saiz 8-) :shirt:

They have Forestieri whose like those 3 just with a bad attitude and hasn't been arsed for some time. Class player though but wouldn't want him at Leeds. Valuations range from 0-10mil+ on there for him. Personally, 3m which they paid for him is it for me, not as good as Saiz who was 3.5 and crucially Forestieri has shown his attitude stinks.

Like most fans they tend to overrate there own players, Lees has done well but best cb in the division :duno: there strikers, Rhodes not done much since leaving Blackburn, Hoopers ok but his Championship record is 1-3 not earth shattering, Winnall is the best of the bunch good player, Westwood is a good keeper to but there team just seems full of OK players :roll:

But there forum is good fun, seem an ok bunch and there meltdowns are quite funny, owlstalk is there forum, if any of you are reading this i thank you sincerely enjoy your forum :clapshout:
Last edited by Cjay on Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Sheffield Wednesday forum is a fun read its my favourite :-D
Never really understood how they managed to get to the playoffs twice, whenever I've watched them there incredibly dull :roflmao:

Full of plodders, hard working but devoid of any pace, flair, excitement basically what we have with Alioski, Pablo and Saiz 8-) :shirt:

They have Forestieri whose like those 3 just with a bad attitude and hasn't been arsed for some time. Class player though but wouldn't want him at Leeds. Valuations range from 0-10mil+ on there for him. Personally, 3m which they paid for him is it for me, not as good as Saiz who was 3.5 and crucially Forestieri has shown his attitude stinks.

Like most fans they tend to overrate there own players, Lees has done well but best cb in the division :duno: there strikers, Rhodes not done much since leaving Blackburn, Hoopers ok but his Championship record is 1-3 not earth shattering, Winnall is the best of the bunch good player, Westwood is a good keeper to but there team just seems full of OK players :roll:

But there forum is good fun, seem an ok bunch and there meltdowns are quite funny, owlstalk is there forum, if any of you are reading this i thank you sincerely enjoy your forum :clapshout:
I've had a look a few times in the past Cjay, last time I viewed many of them were in despair !
God knows how they are feeling like now with their arch rivals the Blunts eleven places above them :lol:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:I've had a look a few times in the past Cjay, last time I viewed many of them were in despair !
God knows how they are feeling like now with their arch rivals the Blunts eleven places above them :lol:
There always in despair 64, ever since the playoffs its been doom and gloom :roflmao: .And when they couldn't beat Burton and there neighbours are peering down at them having spent a fraction of what Wednesday have its just to much for them to cope with :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Then there is Dads Armies in Birmingham, good ole Arry and Bruce, Terry got bored of London fancied collecting his pension in Birmingham :lol:
Credit to him for giving it a go when he obviously didnt have to but the media banging on about how good Villa are on the basis they have signed a 36 year old was ridiculous :roflmao:
Signed

King Cjay

gessa

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote:Then there is Dads Armies in Birmingham, good ole Arry and Bruce, Terry got bored of London fancied collecting his pension in Birmingham :lol:
Credit to him for giving it a go when he obviously didnt have to but the media banging on about how good Villa are on the basis they have signed a 36 year old was ridiculous :roflmao:

Interesting to read Harry's comment after yesterday's game . "To be honest we've been outplayed in every game". Reckons he's been after Stewart Downing for 4 months.