Pierre-Michel Lasogga

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Pierre-Michel Lasogga

Post by Cjay »

Reports all over the place that its a done deal, season long loan

Since i was a bit erm mean about him at various points thought id start him his own thread :-D

Soo i start with 34 goals in 83 Bundesliga games is impressive

And you used to be beastly on Footie Manager :cup

In all seriousness this is a striker who only a few years ago was considered good enough for the German National Team, but for injury would be a German international and was seen as the successor to Miroslav Klose.

Huge transfer values were being tossed about 3 years ago while Athletico Madrid, Liverpool and others were looking at him, Madrid saw him as a possible replacement for Diego Costa in 2014 :scarf2: . . In that 13/14 season Chris Wood got 8 goals in the Championship for Leicester for a bit of perspective.

So if he gets fit talent doesn't go away, that striker is still in there somewhere, as they say form is temporary class is permanent. Underwhelmed originally but quite excited now :cup :shirt: :scarf2: :scarf1:

After all this he better sign :hammer: :chair: :whip:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Pierre-Michel Lassoga

Post by 1964white »

Class is permanent & I expect Christiansen to get the best out of him

A top top signing I suspect, could be the final piece of the jigsaw :-D
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:Class is permanent & I expect Christiansen to get the best out of him

A top top signing I suspect, could be the final piece of the jigsaw :-D
Centre back would be final piece :roflmao:

Funny though, people wanted Oliveria, myself included but hes similar to Lasogga. Not playing style but highly rated as a youngster, never quite reached his potential. If he had like Lasogga then at there ages now they wouldn't be playing in the Championship.

Happy enough with Lasogga
Signed

King Cjay

abundegas
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by abundegas »

He comes with his own song!?! Might need translating though (anyone?).

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Going to be fun for TC juggling all these players...4 good strikers/forwards now it seems
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I am certain Lasogga is TCs pick, and thats good enough for me.
Both highly rated as youngsters, both struggled with injuries, TC managed to get through and become top goalscorer in the Bundesliga and a Spanish international before he had to retire.
TC will know how frustrated, down, disappointed Lasogga may feel, im sure he will have contacts in Germany who he will of checked with before this, i think TC may see himself in Lasogga.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Going to be fun for TC juggling all these players...4 good strikers/forwards now it seems
With the Swede Cibicki possibly still to come too :shock:

Tbf I suspect Eubkan is out of the picture for some considerable time after his injury at Sunderland
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Someone please pinch me I must be dreaming I thought we were a selling club :roflmao:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote:Someone please pinch me I must be dreaming I thought we were a selling club :roflmao:
This is all a dream Rat :sleep3:

We're all gonna wake up in hot sweats with the realisation that Neil Warnock has returned to ER & we are sitting at the bottom of the league :(
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

1964white wrote:This is all a dream Rat :sleep3:

We're all gonna wake up in hot sweats with the realisation that Neil Warnock has returned to ER & we are sitting at the bottom of the league :(
Aaaarrh!!! Warnock now that's not a nice thought :roflmao:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Ratscoot wrote:Someone please pinch me I must be dreaming I thought we were a selling club :roflmao:
The key is selling to progress. Getting £12 profit on Wood and spending it wisely rather than blowing it all on inflated domestic players. If you take the fees we paid for Saiz and Allioski I would say they would both be worth at least double now. What we need to get away from is spending money on players, such as Bellusci and Doukara, and then terminating their contracts and getting no transfer fee or paying them to leave. Definitely impressed so far with the way we have gone about our transfer business and seems like every player we have gone for we have got them rather than another club getting them.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

We still are when the Premiership millions come knocking but in the grand plan of a progressive recruitment policy.......best summer we have had in many a year.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

After some debates with some other club supporting mates and getting sick of them saying "Lasogga was poo last season, not good enough to replace Wood".
Soo i thought ok yes he was but also Wood had the season of his life last season, so lets remove them, so without last season there goal scoring records read something like this
Chris Wood- 71 goals 243 games
Pierre-Michel Lassoga- 64 goals 169 games
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:After some debates with some other club supporting mates and getting sick of them saying "Lasogga was poo last season, not good enough to replace Wood".
Soo i thought ok yes he was but also Wood had the season of his life last season, so lets remove them, so without last season there goal scoring records read something like this
Chris Wood- 71 goals 243 games
Pierre-Michel Lassoga- 64 goals 169 games
I think his critics have overlooked Lasogga has been scoring his goals in the top Bundesliga not their 2nd league unlike Chris Wood
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Re: Pierre-Michel Lasogga

Post by danhirons »

chris wood was never a regular starter until he came to Leeds so it's unfair to look at his number of games as most of them before Leeds will have been 45 mins or less per appearance (apart from his one loan season at milwall where he got 20 goals)

thing we know is lasogga has the ability - but for whatever reason the last three seasons he has hardly scored so let's just hope TC can help him rediscover his mojo
gessa

Post by gessa »

danhirons wrote:
thing we know is lasogga has the ability - but for whatever reason the last three seasons he has hardly scored so let's just hope TC can help him rediscover his mojo
Hopefully he realises this could be his last chance saloon, and he rises to that,could be the reason he took so long to decide where to go so he got it right. Don't think injuries have helped his cause.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

danhirons wrote:chris wood was never a regular starter until he came to Leeds so it's unfair to look at his number of games as most of them before Leeds will have been 45 mins or less per appearance (apart from his one loan season at milwall where he got 20 goals)

I do agree Wood wasnt a starter that much until Leeds, but i do feel its important to recognise that whatever the case Wood has nearly 100 more appearances in a worse league with only a slightly higher goalscoring record.

Feel while Lassoga has had a few poor seasons, if he can get fit and be a regular starter which himself he hasnt really been recently, then he is a class above Wood and probably most if not all the strikers in the division.
Signed

King Cjay

liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

I think if we get Peter haddock back
He'll Bomb doon the left totally underrated old fish
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

From the audio he sounded absolutely brilliant . .2 goals and very unlucky not to have 3 or 4.

Linked up well and Noel said he was quicker then he thought . . Not Usain Bolt but quick enough :shirt: :clapshout:
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

After his debut I bet there will be a lot of chairman wondering why he wasn't on their radar. Looking forward to extended highlights of this game.