Leeds v Burton - Man Of The Match

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Leeds v Burton - Man Of The Match

Post by 1964white »

Vote for your top three players

Wiedwald
Anita
Cooper
Jansson
Ayling,
O’Kane
Phillips
Saiz
Hernandez
Roofe
Lasogga
Dallas
Klich
Grot
1964white

Re: Leeds v Burton - Man Of The Match

Post by 1964white »

Great attacking & a top team performance

Our defence didn't break sweat so anyone who selects a defender needs to make an appointment with a psychiatrist :wink:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

O'Kane, Saiz, Philips & Roofe were superb

BUT the MOTM has to be Lasogga

A very impressive awesome debut

CHRIS Who ?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Cant i vote for Paolo Cooperdini :(

Just from audio.

Lassoga
Roofe
Hernandez
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
gessa

Post by gessa »

Lasogga - came on looked like a slightly overweight lump ,when he let the first pass get away from him, I thought oh dear this doesn't look good, from then on in he got better and better, for a big guy he's got very nimble footwork,his passing was excellent, hardly a ball played didn't find its man and 2 goals to round off an excellent debut.

Roofe - worked his socks off, well taken goal and great ball for Lassie's second.

Phillips - very tidy performance, rounded off with a very well taken goal.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote:Cant i vote for Paolo Cooperdini :(

Just from audio.

Lassoga
Roofe
Hernandez
Have to say, Hernandez was the only disappointment for me today, his passing on the whole was very poor.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Lasogga - came on looked like a slightly overweight lump ,when he let the first pass get away from him, I thought oh dear this doesn't look good, from then on in he got better and better, for a big guy he's got very nimble footwork,his passing was excellent, hardly a ball played didn't find its man and 2 goals to round off an excellent debut.

Roofe - worked his socks off, well taken goal and great ball for Lassie's second.

Phillips - very tidy performance, rounded off with a very well taken goal.
And the same three for me too :tup:

Lasogga
Roofe
Philips

with Saiz & O'Kane not far behind
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

gessa wrote:Have to say, Hernandez was the only disappointment for me today, his passing on the whole was very poor.
Was Pablo not good then?

Accordingly to the audio him and Saiz were running the show
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

According to Phil hay Hernandez was unplayable today - those words used
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Roofe (for the goal and the chip for Lasogga)
Lasogga ( for being in the right space for his two goals )
Phillips ( for doing a carbon copy of his one of his other goals )
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Still can't vote - didn't see the game (AMVETS meetings), but the clips said Lasogga and Roofe.
Unfortunately, clips don't show the engine room in full flow.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote:Was Pablo not good then?

Accordingly to the audio him and Saiz were running the show

He got better toward the end when the game was won and did hit one lovely cross field ball to Dallas but the first half and first 15 of the second lots of his passing went astray , a couple of times too he did lose the ball onehe threw himsdlf on the floor looking for a non existent foul another he just stopped and looked at the sky, didn't try to get the ball back even though the Burton player was close to him. Have to disagree with Phil Hay on this one but that's one of the joys of the game, differing opinions. Great penalty though.
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

O'Kane
Roofe
Lasogga

Philips, just missing out in the top 3.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Azkalwhite wrote:O'Kane
Roofe
Lasogga

Philips, just missing out in the top 3.
Welcome to MOT Azkalwhite :tup:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Noticeable that Dallas subbed for a left back ("Madeley" Leon - thought?)
gessa

Post by gessa »

Norm wrote:Noticeable that Dallas subbed for a left back ("Madeley" Leon - thought?)
We went 3 at the back Norm, a good game to try it out.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Only listened to it on the radio so cannot really select a man of the match as it would be heavily influenced by radio bias. As such I will give the man of the match to TC who once again got his tactics spot on and is really showing his tactical nous and ability to construct game-plans based on nullifying the opposition whilst also being a very attacking force. Against Sunderland I was impressed but was worried would it be a one-off performance (like us v Derby last season), he topped that with the win v Forest as we controlled the game v an in form opposition and could have won by more and then perhaps even more impressive yesterday he was able to get the team playing in such a way as to completely render the opposition's negative tactics obsolete and far from it being a frustrating afternoon with us struggling to break a team down (as we endured so many times lat season even when eventually winning games) we could have had more. 30 shots v 1 wayward shot just shows how dominant we were.

That these 3 results were achieved without Wood speaks volumes as to how far we have improved from last season and it is also remarkable how quickly TC has gelled this team given the huge influx of players. The players are playing with a smile and the fans are seeing us not only win but entertain.
gessa

Post by gessa »

weasel wrote:Only listened to it on the radio so cannot really select a man of the match as it would be heavily influenced by radio bias. As such I will give the man of the match to TC who once again got his tactics spot on and is really showing his tactical nous and ability to construct game-plans based on nullifying the opposition whilst also being a very attacking force. Against Sunderland I was impressed but was worried would it be a one-off performance (like us v Derby last season), he topped that with the win v Forest as we controlled the game v an in form opposition and could have won by more and then perhaps even more impressive yesterday he was able to get the team playing in such a way as to completely render the opposition's negative tactics obsolete and far from it being a frustrating afternoon with us struggling to break a team down (as we endured so many times lat season even when eventually winning games) we could have had more. 30 shots v 1 wayward shot just shows how dominant we were.

That these 3 results were achieved without Wood speaks volumes as to how far we have improved from last season and it is also remarkable how quickly TC has gelled this team given the huge influx of players. The players are playing with a smile and the fans are seeing us not only win but entertain.
First chance yesterday to see it live, there really is a great unity in the team, the first 30 minutes you could see especially Saiz, Ayling and Roofe, gelling with Lassie, pats on the back etc, lots of encouragement.
LUFC 1966
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by LUFC 1966 »

O'Kane = Ran the midfield - sorry Phil Hay I was watching
Saiz - unbelievable skill - gave the right back a hernia trying to clog him
Roofeo -- thought he was Spanish today
Haighy
First Team
First Team