Leeds v Burton Teams/ Reports/ Ratings.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds v Burton Teams/ Reports/ Ratings.

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote:The Raiders?

Aye ...Season starts proper tomorrow, we're in Tennessee
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote:Cardiff equalize
Hope it stays that way
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Flint scores for BC at Reading to give them the lead. He'll be a Leeds player in JAN but in the meantime he'll help out best he can
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

5-0 Final. Lots of candidates for MOTM none of whom are defenders
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote:5-0 Final. Lots of candidates for MOTM none of whom are defenders
Felix Wiedwald . . . for staying awake
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

faaip wrote:Aye ...Season starts proper tomorrow, we're in Tennessee
and I've got some serious fantasy games starting ...two tough openers in my main money league plus the guy who always beats me in mt main full sim league (I'm 0 for 4 against him over 3 years)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote:and I've got some serious fantasy games starting ...two tough openers in my main money league plus the guy who always beats me in mt main full sim league (I'm 0 for 4 against him over 3 years)
Good luck for the season faaip :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

cheers
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Was stuck shopping with the Missus when the game was on gave me absolute pleasure to see the amount of times the word GOAAAAAALLLLLL was written by Phil Hay
Lasogga looks like a handful and hopefully this will be a real confidence boost for the lad
30 shots on goal... So 30 chances created.... don't think we managed that all season last year did we??
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

faaip wrote:I just turned to Felix and said the same thing, he says hi btw
A belated Hi to Felix :cup
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

And this was without Vieira, Cibicki, Pennington, Berardi, Ekuban, BJ and one of the stars of the season in my book Alioski even getting on the pitch or in the squad for one reason or another :luv:
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:And this was without Vieira, Cibicki, Pennington, Berardi, Ekuban, BJ and one of the stars of the season in my book Alioski even getting on the pitch or in the squad for one reason or another :luv:
Was on the bench Cjay

Good management from TC I reckon as Alioski played in two full games for Macedonia this week plus all the travelling back to Leeds, he probably needed a rest to freshen him up
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Was on the golf course all morning today, and got home to see all these wonderful comments.

Damn. We're looking pretty good. MOT
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:Was on the bench Cjay

Good management from TC I reckon as Alioski played in two full games for Macedonia this week plus all the travelling back to Leeds, he probably needed a rest to freshen him up
Ah didnt realise he had played for Macedonia, well played TC then :-D
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Can't believe I attend games with the expectation of a Leeds victory nowadays :victory:

Once again we were awesome today, yes the Brewers were poor but you can only beat what is put in front of you & we did in style playing plenty of majestic football to light up ER.
I liken our current style of play to Eddie Howe's Bournemouth promotion team of 2015, I can't recall any superb footballing sides in the championship as good as we are since that Cherries team.
Wonderful attacking football played with invention & at pace. Our defence didn't break sweat, as we made the game look so easy with some flowing moves & delightful touches creating chance after chance, scoring some terrific goals too !

Massive credit to Christiansen who has significantly improved the likes of Roofe, Phillips, O'Kane, Cooper & Dallas, none of them looking out of place playing alongside the class of Saiz, Lasogga & Jansson

7 - Wiedwald
8 - Ayling
8 - Jansson
8 - Cooper
8 - Anita
9 - O’Kane
9.5 - Phillips
9 - Saiz
7 - Hernandez
9.5 - Roofe
9.5 - Lasogga MOTM
7 - Dallas
7 - Klich
7 - Grot

10 - Christiansen
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

"It was only Burton" keep hearing that. Yes Burton are a smaller club ran on a tight budget but they are a decent side who have played some fancied teams this season and not disgraced themselves.
Cardiff at home lost 1-0 first game of the season.
Boro away lost 2-0
Cardiff away they won 2-1 in the cup, Cardiffs only defeat.
Sheffield Wednesday at home 1-1.

Some fancied and form teams there and didnt disgrace themselves once, that shows me that we deserve more credit then maybe the neutral will give us :shirt: :scarf2:
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:"It was only Burton" keep hearing that. Yes Burton are a smaller club ran on a tight budget but they are a decent side who have played some fancied teams this season and not disgraced themselves.
Cardiff at home lost 1-0 first game of the season.
Boro away lost 2-0
Cardiff away they won 2-1 in the cup, Cardiffs only defeat.
Sheffield Wednesday at home 1-1.

Some fancied and form teams there and didnt disgrace themselves once, that shows me that we deserve more credit then maybe the neutral will give us :shirt: :scarf2:
You can only beat what is put in front of you.

We were a million miles ahead of the Brewers yesterday in comparison to the turgid performances we endured under Monk's Leeds team v Burton
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

No exaggeration but I genuinely think that is one of the best all round performances I have ever seen from a Leeds team at Elland Road (it would easily be in my top 3 tbh). 5-0 flattered Burton really, on the balance of play 6 or 7 would have been a fairer reflection.
The only reason I am reluctant to say it's the best performance I have seen from a Leeds team at home is because of the quality of opposition. Burton really were poor but take nothing away from us we were incredible.
Wiedwald probably had more touches and completed more passes than the whole Burton team put together.

It's like the Grayson years all over again this but with the addition of a solid back 4 as well.

Genuinely starting to believe I might one day witness Leeds playing premier league football at Elland Road.

The "where were you when we were sh*t" chant from the South Stand was absolutely top class as well :lol:

Player Ratings:
Wiedwald 7- Literally had nothing to do, some lovely distribution but did almost mess up when trying to be a bit too clever at 5-0.
Ayling 8- Typical Ayling stuff really, solid defensively and got forward well once again.
Jansson 9- Awesome, had nothing to do defensively but he was incredible on the ball today he really was.
Cooper 8- Getting better game by game starting to look comfortable on the ball now as well.
Anita 8- Pushed forward and supported Hernandez really well.
Phillips 9- What a finish, incredibly consistent this season and starting to become a goal threat as well.
O'Kane 9- Comfortably player of the season for me so far, he really is the player who makes us tick. That pass for the Lasogga goal was incredible.
Roofe 9- Outstanding, great finish for the 4th goal and brilliant work for the 5th. Probably his best all round performance for Leeds imo.
Saiz 9- Always looking to take on players and his improvisation at times was breathtaking.
Hernandez 9- Best performance since Derby at home for Pablo by some distance, he looked back to his best today taking players on and constantly created the space, he didn't lose the ball once. I do think he is a bit overrated but when he is at his best wow he is good.
Lasogga 10- Man Of The Match simply incredible, his finishing and link up play was outstanding best debut I have ever seen from a Leeds player.
Substitutions:
Dallas 8- Looked so comfortable at left back.
Klich 8- Unreal range of passing, important interception as well when Weidwald gave the ball away in a dangerous area, pushed forward a lot as well.
Grot 6- A bit harsh maybe but I have to be honest I thought he was a little bit quiet certainly not as impressive as he was vs Forest.