Frank de Boer - Sacked

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Frank de Boer - Sacked

Post by NorfolkWhite »

So it's started - BBC report suggesting that Roy Hodgson coming in to replace (not sure is that is as inetrim)

Got to think that if the Hammers get another poor result Bilic will not be far behind.

Championship wise how long is Bruce going to get at Villa? Grayson may also be on a sticky wicket at Sunderland if he doesn't start getting a couple of results.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Frank de Boer - Sacked

Post by Norm »

Have to admit Norfolk, I didn't know how we'd be this season after Monk gave us the finger.
I think we've finally been gifted with a true gem, whose stature nobody could have foreseen.
I'm just so glad we've got who we've got and I feel for the poor buggers who are now going through that which we missed.
Two seasons ago we also were there.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote:So it's started - BBC report suggesting that Roy Hodgson coming in to replace (not sure is that is as inetrim)

Got to think that if the Hammers get another poor result Bilic will not be far behind.

Championship wise how long is Bruce going to get at Villa? Grayson may also be on a sticky wicket at Sunderland if he doesn't start getting a couple of results.
Blimey Palace played Burnley off the park yesterday, unbelievably they missed so many chances.
Ultimately it's results that count

Bruce & Grayson are typical British managers who have outdated methods & limited skills, they will no doubt become journeymen in their managerial careers
gessa

Post by gessa »

NorfolkWhite wrote:So it's started - BBC report suggesting that Roy Hodgson coming in to replace (not sure is that is as inetrim)

Poor start but 4 games is no where near enough games for a manager to be given.

If West Ham lose tonight I think Bilic will be gone too but he had a poor season last year also, so more understandable.

Grayson has apparently been told he has time as the club know it is a big job he has on his hands to turn things around.

I'd love Bruce to be given the boot, dislike that man with a passion.
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

gessa wrote:Poor start but 4 games is no where near enough games for a manager to be given.

If West Ham lose tonight I think Bilic will be gone too but he had a poor season last year also, so more understandable.

Grayson has apparently been told he has time as the club know it is a big job he has on his hands to turn things around.

I'd love Bruce to be given the boot, dislike that man with a passion.
steve bruce always reminds me of Mrs Brown
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
gessa

Post by gessa »

beer belly bert wrote:steve bruce always reminds me of Mrs Brown

He reminds me of the Honey Monster.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

4 games is ridiculous as if you come in and try to change a style there is no guarantee that players will adapt quickly - and by the sounds of it they could have easily thrashed Burnley yesterday. As has been mentioned it is a results business and we will never know how close Monk was to getting the sack last season after his poor start.
It does make TC's start even the more remarkable given the change of style and the influx of new players.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Absolutely ridiculous!
I watched the game yesterday and a 2 or 3 goal win for Palace would not have been unreasonable.
How the manager can be responsible for his players missing relatively easy scoring opportunities is beyond me.
Benteke misses a one on one with the first game, substitute goalie, Dann misses a header from about 2 yards out. Couple of other shots blocked near or on the line.
The directors/owner who made this decision ought to be ashamed of themselves. Did they even see the game? Didn't they see that they were the better team by some distance? Hope they get relegated now.