Other fans forum opinions

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
gessa

Re: Other fans opinions

Post by gessa »

Wolfpack wrote::roflmao: Think Leeds will do well this season , and being top of league you are now obviously a target . You seem strong in all positions this year and will definitely finish top 6 at the bare minimum. Do think we play the better football though from what I have seen of your games so far, so really looking forward to you lot coming to the golden palace and seeing a good spectacle of football . Do hope you do well this season and can maintain a promotion push this year , but I have no doubt that you will finish below the mighty wanderers come the end of the season

Welcome Wolfpack...it could be your season too for the top 6 but you need better defenders imo for top 2. I think you like us have a good manager.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Speaking of confirmation got an account ready on the SmallHeath Birmingham forum now so thats next
Good luck Cjay

I'm sure you'll charm them :lol:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

gessa wrote:I know a fair few Blues fans and there's no doubt they have an inbred hatred for us, but they begrudgingly respect us too. You may need your tin hat, you've chosen the better forum btw.
Well its not been a great start :roflmao:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

http://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,2317085

Leeds fan from Coventry this is going to be interesting
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:Good luck Cjay

I'm sure you'll charm them :lol:
i dont think so somehow :roflmao: :-D
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:http://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,2317085

Leeds fan from Coventry this is going to be interesting
First of several insults up I suspect !
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:First of several insults up I suspect !
Dont mind that, just want them to answer the questions, just one would be a start :roll: :-D

Insult me while they do it if they like, "Harry is the greatest manager of all time you complete tw*t" . That'd do I'll take that :roflmao:
Signed

King Cjay

Wolfpack
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Wolfpack »

weasel wrote:Perhaps their forum protectors are better at defending than the wolves team were last night. Don't know if it was just a one off shaky performance from them but they looked at sixes and sevens.
There first two goals gifted to them by a bit of luck where's we could have scored 8 and that score line wouldn't have done us justice . Definetly a one off performance by our defence, , and them having more than a stoke of luck but talking of performances if you play like you did against the blues when you roll up to the Molineux , I can see us having no problem replicating what you did to burton :lol:
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

1964white wrote:Thing is Norm we weren't lucky contrary to what motor-mouth 'Arry says

He has talked bull throughout his whole managerial career :chair:
The man is an absolute charlatan. If there's one thing that has pleased me about England these past few (generally awful) years, it's that Redknapp never got the manager's job. He's so overrated, it's ridiculous. The bitter, melty-faced bellend.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Durly wrote:The man is an absolute charlatan. If there's one thing that has pleased me about England these past few (generally awful) years, it's that Redknapp never got the manager's job. He's so overrated, it's ridiculous. The bitter, melty-faced bellend.
So you don't like him :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Wolfpack wrote:There first two goals gifted to them by a bit of luck where's we could have scored 8 and that score line wouldn't have done us justice . Definetly a one off performance by our defence, , and them having more than a stoke of luck but talking of performances if you play like you did against the blues when you roll up to the Molineux , I can see us having no problem replicating what you did to burton :lol:
Welcome to MOT Wolfy

Wolves look a decent side.....lovely move for your first goal & a thumping header from Batth for the equaliser. Bristol City may have rode their luck last night however they have been hard to beat of late winning one & drawing four of their last five matches

Look forward to my Molineux visit in November :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Dont mind that, just want them to answer the questions, just one would be a start :roll: :-D

Insult me while they do it if they like, "Harry is the greatest manager of all time you complete tw*t" . That'd do I'll take that :roflmao:
Plenty of replies in now
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Wolfpack wrote:There first two goals gifted to them by a bit of luck where's we could have scored 8 and that score line wouldn't have done us justice . Definetly a one off performance by our defence, , and them having more than a stoke of luck but talking of performances if you play like you did against the blues when you roll up to the Molineux , I can see us having no problem replicating what you did to burton :lol:
You scraped by Millwall and Hull, couldn't beat Brentford or Bristol City, not sure where all this confidence is coming from :-D

Was gonna say you beat Boro at yours which was impressive but so did Notts Forest who we battered at there place and Aston Villa took a point off them and according to Villas own fans there crap so Boro cant be all that :roflmao:

My childhood best mate was a Wolves fan so dont mind your lot tbf :twisted:

Edit . .Derby was a good performance in fairness
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:Plenty of replies in now
There are indeed which is nice :)

Tired now but will have a read tomorrow
Signed

King Cjay

Wolfpack
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Wolfpack »

Cjay wrote:You scraped by Millwall and Hull, couldn't beat Brentford or Bristol City, not sure where all this confidence is coming from :-D

Was gonna say you beat Boro at yours which was impressive but so did Notts Forest who we battered at there place and Aston Villa took a point off them and according to Villas own fans there crap so Boro cant be all that :roflmao:

My childhood best mate was a Wolves fan so dont mind your lot tbf :twisted:

Edit . .Derby was a good performance in fairness
Wouldn't get too confident as a leeds supporter either , We would have snatched your hand off for your opening matches fixture list , you've had a fairly easy start with having to play no stand out teams yet apart from Fulham I guess , and then you only managed to scrape a draw . Plenty stiffer tests to come :-D
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Wolfpack wrote:Wouldn't get too confident as a leeds supporter either , We would have snatched your hand off for your opening matches fixture list , you've had a fairly easy start with having to play no stand out teams yet apart from Fulham I guess , and then you only managed to scrape a draw . Plenty stiffer tests to come :-D
This is the championship though and I don't think you can ever definitively say one set of fixtures is easier than another as teams in form can be trickier than teams expected to be at the top etc - I made the point elsewhere that Brentford wiped the floor with us last season yet were closer to the relegation places than a play-off position. Both Sunderland and Forest were in good form when we played them for example.
Far too early though to judge whether we, or Wolves, will be the real deal as one defeat could easily lead to 2 or 3 and suddenly mid table mediocrity beckons. Would be delighted though if Leeds and Wolves got promoted in whichever order!
Wolfpack
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Wolfpack »

weasel wrote:This is the championship though and I don't think you can ever definitively say one set of fixtures is easier than another as teams in form can be trickier than teams expected to be at the top etc - I made the point elsewhere that Brentford wiped the floor with us last season yet were closer to the relegation places than a play-off position. Both Sunderland and Forest were in good form when we played them for example.
Far too early though to judge whether we, or Wolves, will be the real deal as one defeat could easily lead to 2 or 3 and suddenly mid table mediocrity beckons. Would be delighted though if Leeds and Wolves got promoted in whichever order!
You make a good point , I think we will both no more come around xmas time as league should start to show it's true colours , and also would be happy to see wolves and Leeds promoted wether automatic or play offs .
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Wolfpack wrote:Wouldn't get too confident as a leeds supporter either , We would have snatched your hand off for your opening matches fixture list , you've had a fairly easy start with having to play no stand out teams yet apart from Fulham I guess , and then you only managed to scrape a draw . Plenty stiffer tests to come :-D
Unconvinced we've had an easy start Wolfy, the championship has a habit of biting you on the bum.
We were in the top six for much of last season however we lost to 6 of the bottom 11 clubs in the final table, we struggled to beat Rotherham (a), Blackburn (h) & could only draw twice with Wigan who are now playing their football in League One.
This season will be just be as competitive no matter who we face especially as every team loves beating Leeds, even more so now as we are there to be shot at sitting at the top of the table.

So who do you consider the clubs to challenge for the top six places ?

I have these in mind :

Middlesbro, Sheff Wed, Derby, Wolves, Fulham & Leeds as things stand right now

Four of those clubs above have got off to a average start

Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Norwich & Reading who are also recognised as the better teams in this league have started even slower so from our point of view to have a cushion on the possible main contenders is a nice feeling for all Leeds & Wolves fans I guess !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Nice to read Leeds & Brum fans complimenting each other which in years gone by would never have happened.

http://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,2316626
Wolfpack
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Wolfpack »

1964white wrote:Unconvinced we've had an easy start Wolfy, the championship has a habit of biting you on the bum.
We were in the top six for much of last season however we lost to 6 of the bottom 11 clubs in the final table, we struggled to beat Rotherham (a), Blackburn (h) & could only draw twice with Wigan who are now playing their football in League One.
This season will be just be as competitive no matter who we face especially as every team loves beating Leeds, even more so now as we are there to be shot at sitting at the top of the table.

So who do you consider the clubs to challenge for the top six places ?

I have these in mind :

Middlesbro, Sheff Wed, Derby, Wolves, Fulham & Leeds as things stand right now

Four of those clubs above have got off to a average start

Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Norwich & Reading who are also recognised as the better teams in this league have started even slower so from our point of view to have a cushion on the possible main contenders is a nice feeling for all Leeds & Wolves fans I guess !
Middlesbrough , ,Fulham , Leeds and wolves will all fight it out for the top four spots from what I've seen so far . The other two could be taken by anyone of the teams you mentioned above or even a surprise package Like Sheffield united . The top four teams just seem to stand out to me this season with having more quality and seem to have passed the others by . Sunderland will do well not to be relegated again as the similarities with us when we double dropped out the prem and to league 1 are far too close :( (misses is a mackem ) Sheffield Wednesday will have to out score there opponents every game as have decent set of strikers but not much else as a team , so see no real threat there , villa are mid table at best and can't see that changing till they get rid of Bruce (game has passed that dinosaur by) and hull are no where near as strong especially losing Hernandez who I rate as the best striker in the league when fit .