Leeds v Birmingham - Team,News,Reports & Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds v Birmingham - Team,News,Reports & Ratings

Post by Norm »

whiteswan wrote:

HP ruins a good bacon butty Norm!
Supposedly the smokehouse in Whitby does the best kippers ever - so Ive heard... :-D
Matter of individual taste Swan - I don't mean dolloped on, I mean (but didn't say) scraped on then (almost) scraped off. Yummy for me, and many others who used to frequent the same cafe.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote:
Day 2 - Fried Brekkie

Is he that Danish winger?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Anyone know where the footy chat has been moved to?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:Anyone know where the footy chat has been moved to?
Sorry Weasel I get carried away when we discuss food :wink:
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

weasel wrote:Anyone know where the footy chat has been moved to?
:roflmao:

We are playing well and it's a pleasure....but let's not get too carried away...we may be top but bookies have Wolves and Cardiff as top 2 and us in 3rd place for promotion....hope they are wrong.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/eng ... /promotion
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

faaip wrote:Is he that Danish winger?
:roflmao: :roflmao:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

MissSurreyWhite wrote:I had you down as a Prosecco and smoked salmon brekkie sort of fan. Just goes to show...
I am partial to a bit of salmon but I usually do Loimulohi (Flamed Salmon)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Ronan wrote::roflmao:

We are playing well and it's a pleasure....but let's not get too carried away...we may be top but bookies have Wolves and Cardiff as top 2 and us in 3rd place for promotion....hope they are wrong.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/eng ... /promotion
Watched the Cardiff highlights last night and Bamba's performance brought back some unpleasant memories!!! Really cannot see them as contenders for the play-offs let alone top2. Watched Wolves and their defending was poor - I really don't see what the fuss is about just because they have spent money. For me I would expect Boro to be the likeliest team to be top 2 as they have players hwo have won promotion, have also spent money on proven players at this level and Monk, for all his faults, does know how to win matches at this level.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:Watched the Cardiff highlights last night and Bamba's performance brought back some unpleasant memories!!! Really cannot see them as contenders for the play-offs let alone top2. Watched Wolves and their defending was poor - I really don't see what the fuss is about just because they have spent money. For me I would expect Boro to be the likeliest team to be top 2 as they have players hwo have won promotion, have also spent money on proven players at this level and Monk, for all his faults, does know how to win matches at this level.
Agree on Boro' :tup: I do think Wolves & the Owls will be up there throughout the season.

As for Cardiff I cannot see them in the top 6 for too long especially with that clown Bambi at the back
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Curious because i lost the stream second half and it was patchy at best. Arry says it was complete and utter domination 2nd half. From the audio sounded like Birmingham did well.

But did Wiedwald actually make a good save?

Know Stockdale made at least one from Lasogga i think.

Apart from Ayling off the line did the blues actually have a goal bound shot blocked or saved?

People saying they were unlucky myself included but were they actually? Or did they play well without actually threatening
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote:Curious because i lost the stream second half and it was patchy at best. Arry says it was complete and utter domination 2nd half. From the audio sounded like Birmingham did well.

But did Wiedwald actually make a good save?

Know Stockdale made at least one from Lasogga i think.

Apart from Ayling off the line did the blues actually have a goal bound shot blocked or saved?

People saying they were unlucky myself included but were they actually? Or did they play well without actually threatening
That is definitely the way it came accross on the radio and on the part of the stream that I saw. Felix had a couple of routine saves to deal with, think Birmingham also hit a couple of long range shots wide, ha a goal chalked off for offside but the only real chance was the one Ayling cleared off the line and to be honest that seemed more of a hopeful ball into the box that fell kindly for their player.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Extended highlights and the full match are now available, free, on LUFC official website
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote:That is definitely the way it came accross on the radio and on the part of the stream that I saw. Felix had a couple of routine saves to deal with, think Birmingham also hit a couple of long range shots wide, ha a goal chalked off for offside but the only real chance was the one Ayling cleared off the line and to be honest that seemed more of a hopeful ball into the box that fell kindly for their player.
Yeah thats how it came across i dont remember Popey or Noel saying "wonderful save by Wiedwald" or "that was a great chance".

Surely "playing well" should be defined by how many times you really threatened to score seeing as thats the basics of football, trying to score goals.

If you are never close to scoring have you actually played well?
Signed

King Cjay

LUFC 1966
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by LUFC 1966 »

Cjay wrote:Yeah thats how it came across i dont remember Popey or Noel saying "wonderful save by Wiedwald" or "that was a great chance".

Surely "playing well" should be defined by how many times you really threatened to score seeing as thats the basics of football, trying to score goals.

If you are never close to scoring have you actually played well?

Agree cjay Felix made routine saves. Stockdale had at least 3 saves of a threatening nature
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

LUFC 1966 wrote:Agree cjay Felix made routine saves. Stockdale had at least 3 saves of a threatening nature
Know there was at least one because my stream froze at the exact moment Lasogga was through :roflmao:

Were you at the match LUFC 1966?.

Its hard to make a judgement based on a poor stream and audio just struck me as odd.
Birmingham sounded really good, but if they didnt cut us open and really test Felix were they actually "good" :duno:
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Know there was at least one because my stream froze at the exact moment Lasogga was through :roflmao:

Its hard to make a judgement based on a poor stream and audio just struck me as odd.
Birmingham sounded really good, but if they didnt cut us open and really test Felix were they actually "good" :duno:
'66 is correct Stockdale made three decent saves, our keeper was more or less redundant with a couple of saves my granny could have made. The only real chance Brum had was the header that Ayling magnificently cleared off the line

'arry will try to tell everyone different but he can't fool us 31,000 fans who were there !
LUFC 1966
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by LUFC 1966 »

Cjay wrote:Know there was at least one because my stream froze at the exact moment Lasogga was through :roflmao:

Yeah I have a season ticket in the NW corner behind the Blue box where the police watch the CCTV.
We weren't great with some of our passing and I thought Boga for them was outstanding but to say they dominated is an own goal of epic proportions by No tax redknapp,

I called for Roofe in place of Alioski and that added to our ability to pen them back as he has developed the ability to beat several players in a run . also nominated Dallas for Hernandez as PAblo had tired and offerred nothing defensively to help Berardi late on.
(if only football manager was that easy)

Several people have said it already but we ground out a result despite not being fluent. Keep that going and we will be in a good position . :cup
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Majoritiy of these correspondents who produce reports/ratings are rarely at the games.

Jonno says it all.
Screenshot 2017-09-14 at 16.59.07.png
Screenshot 2017-09-14 at 16.59.07.png (25.46 KiB) Viewed 3867 times
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds v Birmingham - Teawam,News,Reports & Ratings

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:Majoritiy of these correspondents who produce reports/ratings are rarely at the games.

Jonno says it all.

Screenshot 2017-09-14 at 16.59.07.png
Was more Arrys comments i was getting at.
Signed

King Cjay