Where Is Everyone ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Where Is Everyone ?

Post by 1964white »

Dead as dodo on here :(
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: Where Is Everyone ?

Post by lufc1304 »

I think the international break has something to do with it, Leon, folk switch off if Leeds haven't got a game.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote:I think the international break has something to do with it, Leon, folk switch off if Leeds haven't got a game.
We more than just a Leeds forum Nick
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Yes, mate, we are, but Leeds is the binding glue. Look at this forum over the summer; dead for weeks, then sparks to life when there's transfer activity. Not everyone likes the horses or the other non-Leeds threads. Just the way it is. I know it's a constant source of frustration for you, particularly given the amount of time and effort you put in, but you can't make people join in. Those of us that are regulars appreciate the work you and others do to keep the forum interesting, but you're going to have to accept that a lot of that will go unrecognised and unrewarded in terms of traffic through the site. It's the nature of an on-line forum, I'm afraid
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote:Yes, mate, we are, but Leeds is the binding glue. Look at this forum over the summer; dead for weeks, then sparks to life when there's transfer activity. Not everyone likes the horses or the other non-Leeds threads. Just the way it is. I know it's a constant source of frustration for you, particularly given the amount of time and effort you put in, but you can't make people join in. Those of us that are regulars appreciate the work you and others do to keep the forum interesting, but you're going to have to accept that a lot of that will go unrecognised and unrewarded in terms of traffic through the site. It's the nature of an on-line forum, I'm afraid
Common-sense prevails from you as always Nick.

I'm off to do some more work, hopefully they'll be something to read when I return in my next
tea-break :wink:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think we said it all after the SW game. We're waiting for the next game now I guess. It's another reason to hate the transfer window, there's no chance of anyone new coming in so no new player chatter. I can think of so many reasons for no transfer window but no good one for it existing. Everything about it is negative

As for music I've stopped listening again (happened in the early nineties too) as everything new is either derivative, cliched, junk,bland or too way out to be listenable. I've not bought a new album in 3 years IIRC. Not in physicals term though have downloaded some stuff.

Haven't put a cd on in 6 months tbh. Talking books in the car now or radio 4

Not sure what else that leaves.
Last edited by The Subhuman on Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Threads like this can actually drive some people away Leon - you do this periodically and I don't think it helps to increase traffic in the long term. Nobody likes being bullied into posting, starting threads, etc. All it does is start a feeling of desperation, which is not healthy. Same with the competitions - if somebody doesn't want to participate this week, you're not going to get them to enter by metaphorically standing there, arms akimbo, barking demands for explanations as to why people haven't entered.

A little humility can sometimes work wonders. On forums like this, I've noted that someone boasting about their own achievements and also putting down other people's views are both turn-offs. I'm not picking on you or accusing you of these things, because I know how much you care about our forum, but how you address people as a leader is important.

Do unto others that which you would have done unto you.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I'm here :lol: .......... Having big problems at the mo with building our new conservatory! We've taken the old one down and started to build the new one to find that the first part of the roof structure doesnt fit, throwing the roof out totally. Mr Swan and his mate spent all day yesterday scrathing their heads and talking to the manufacturers! I'm worried because we have internal doors and a handmade terracotta floor from the old conservatory, that I dont want them to get wet if it rains :( ( I see Mr Swan is up his ladder again as we speak so fingers crossed :duno: )
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

whiteswan » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:49 am
I'm here :lol: .......... Having big problems at the mo with building our new conservatory! We've taken the old one down and started to build the new one to find that the first part of the roof structure doesnt fit, throwing the roof out totally. Mr Swan and his mate spent all day yesterday scrathing their heads and talking to the manufacturers! I'm worried because we have internal doors and a handmade terracotta floor from the old conservatory, that I dont want them to get wet if it rains :( ( I see Mr Swan is up his ladder again as we speak so fingers crossed :duno: )
That doesn't sound good Swan - I hope for a flash of genius to correct the problem but it sounds more like hard work and sore muscles. I wish you both good luck in dealing with it. :tup:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Norm wrote:That doesn't sound good Swan - I hope for a flash of genius to correct the problem but it sounds more like hard work and sore muscles. I wish you both good luck in dealing with it. :tup:
Cheers Norm, he's still out there with his tape measure.....if anyone can work it out Mr Swannie can. I believe in him, I'll keep you posted :-D
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Holidays in a sunny Sardinia and a rather rainy Northumberland plus an audit at work have kept me away.

Plus it's the international break!
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

Busy job hunting.

On the plus side (not worth starting a new thread on) but my little, 8 year old lass has just started playing football at school on Tuesday mornings. She currently plays in her PE kit but has asked if she can have a full Leeds kit for her birthday. Can't describe how thrilled I was that she asked. I have ordered the blue, 2nd away kit (I know it'll be phased out soon but she liked it best and it's closest to her school colours). She'll be flying the flag at school for LUFC amongst all the Chelsea, Manure, Citeh etc kits. :tup: :-D
gessa

Post by gessa »

Durly wrote:Busy job hunting.

On the plus side (not worth starting a new thread on) but my little, 8 year old lass has just started playing football at school on Tuesday mornings. She currently plays in her PE kit but has asked if she can have a full Leeds kit for her birthday. Can't describe how thrilled I was that she asked. I have ordered the blue, 2nd away kit (I know it'll be phased out soon but she liked it best and it's closest to her school colours). She'll be flying the flag at school for LUFC amongst all the Chelsea, Manure, Citeh etc kits. :tup: :-D
Nice to see you're bringing her up in the right manner mate :-D
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

gessa wrote:Nice to see you're bringing her up in the right manner mate :-D
One tries! :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote:Threads like this can actually drive some people away Leon - you do this periodically and I don't think it helps to increase traffic in the long term. Nobody likes being bullied into posting, starting threads, etc. All it does is start a feeling of desperation, which is not healthy. Same with the competitions - if somebody doesn't want to participate this week, you're not going to get them to enter by metaphorically standing there, arms akimbo, barking demands for explanations as to why people haven't entered.

A little humility can sometimes work wonders. On forums like this, I've noted that someone boasting about their own achievements and also putting down other people's views are both turn-offs. I'm not picking on you or accusing you of these things, because I know how much you care about our forum, but how you address people as a leader is important.

Do unto others that which you would have done unto you.
Well Norm the reaction to this thread is proof of the pudding as it's got our good people communicating which is great for the forum.

I'll bear in mind your other comments for now !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:I think we said it all after the SW game. We're waiting for the next game now I guess. It's another reason to hate the transfer window, there's no chance of anyone new coming in so no new player chatter. I can think of so many reasons for no transfer window but no good one for it existing. Everything about it is negative

As for music I've stopped listening again (happened in the early nineties too) as everything new is either derivative, cliched, junk,bland or too way out to be listenable. I've not bought a new album in 3 years IIRC. Not in physicals term though have downloaded some stuff.

Haven't put a cd on in 6 months tbh. Talking books in the car now or radio 4

Not sure what else that leaves.
Personally i could never go off music mate, It's a massive part of my life

Bought to gems in Edinburgh I took a chance on.....the blues album is superb & I'm also enjoying the jazz CD too. Might pop them up on one of the music threads at some time
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:I'm here :lol: .......... Having big problems at the mo with building our new conservatory! We've taken the old one down and started to build the new one to find that the first part of the roof structure doesnt fit, throwing the roof out totally. Mr Swan and his mate spent all day yesterday scrathing their heads and talking to the manufacturers! I'm worried because we have internal doors and a handmade terracotta floor from the old conservatory, that I dont want them to get wet if it rains :( ( I see Mr Swan is up his ladder again as we speak so fingers crossed :duno: )
Not good Swan unless the rain holds off. Hope your roof problem is resolved quickly

We're having our driveway & front pathway done this week. A builder who lives in our village who I've known since he was teenager has done a brilliant job, he is so precise, conscientious & hard working I'd recommend to anyone. We've booked him in his diary to do our back patio next Spring :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Shields53 wrote:Holidays in a sunny Sardinia and a rather rainy Northumberland plus an audit at work have kept me away.

Plus it's the international break!
Where in Northumbria Adam ?
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Excellent! on two counts. 1) The little lady has taken up football 2) She actually wanted a Leeds united kit. Bright little girl you've got there Durly :clap2: Good luck with the job hunting by the way
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Have you been made redundant Durly ?

Good luck with the job hunting mate

Your influence has paid off, once a Leeds fan always a Leeds fan :scarf1: