Where Is Everyone ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
gessa

Re: Where Is Everyone ?

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote:I think we said it all after the SW game. We're waiting for the next game now I guess. It's another reason to hate the transfer window, there's no chance of anyone new coming in so no new player chatter. I can think of so many reasons for no transfer window but no good one for it existing. Everything about it is negative

As for music I've stopped listening again (happened in the early nineties too) as everything new is either derivative, cliched, junk,bland or too way out to be listenable. I've not bought a new album in 3 years IIRC. Not in physicals term though have downloaded some stuff.

Haven't put a cd on in 6 months tbh. Talking books in the car now or radio 4

Not sure what else that leaves.
You need to keep posting the music clips Faaip, my wife is really enjoying The Dead South, infact she bought us some tickets for their show in Leicester next April. £12 a ticket...bargain
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:Not good Swan unless the rain holds off. Hope your roof problem is resolved quickly

We're having our driveway & front pathway done this week. A builder who lives in our village who I've known since he was teenager has done a brilliant job, he is so precise, conscientious & hard working I'd recommend to anyone. We've booked him in his diary to do our back patio next Spring :-D
Well, I think it finally might be 64....Mr Swannie has been measuring, measuring and more measuring all afternoon. He's come up with a solution. There was a gap between the first rafter and the upright panel because the company we got it from made a slight mis calculation. Hes found a safe and durable way to pack it out which will look aesthetically good so wer're gonna go with that. If we had to wait for a new rafter it could take weeks. Hopefully the roof goes on tomorrow. ( at least your driveway is going well :lol: )
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:Well, I think it finally might be 64....Mr Swannie has been measuring, measuring and more measuring all afternoon. He's come up with a solution. There was a gap between the first rafter and the upright panel because the company we got it from made a slight mis calculation. Hes found a safe and durable way to pack it out which will look aesthetically good so wer're gonna go with that. If we had to wait for a new rafter it could take weeks. Hopefully the roof goes on tomorrow. ( at least your driveway is going well :lol: )
We had a similar problem with our conservatory three years ago. Leaky roofs are not good, anyway we got a builder to sort it :-D
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote:You need to keep posting the music clips Faaip, my wife is really enjoying The Dead South, infact she bought us some tickets for their show in Leicester next April. £12 a ticket...bargain

Bluegrass is a bit of a saving grace tbf...but I only down loaded the album which I don't count because like most albums I down load and not back up will probably go missing at some point. I've lost a lot of albums that way.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

cracking blue grass cover btw

"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote:You need to keep posting the music clips Faaip, my wife is really enjoying The Dead South, infact she bought us some tickets for their show in Leicester next April. £12 a ticket...bargain

£16 Portsmouth, I'm intrigued but the other half will have no interest. I miss the days pre-marriage when I used to go to gigs on my own. I'll have to run the gamut of female logic to get to this one. I'll lose
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote:Bluegrass is a bit of a saving grace tbf...but I only down loaded the album which I don't count because like most albums I down load and not back up will probably go missing at some point. I've lost a lot of albums that way.

I download everything now, as a lot of music nowadays is throw away, short shelf life, if I'm still listrning after 12 months then I'll get the CD or if it's for life I'll get the vinyl.
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote:£16 Portsmouth, I'm intrigued but the other half will have no interest. I miss the days pre-marriage when I used to go to gigs on my own. I'll have to run the gamut of female logic to get to this one. I'll lose

Hope you win, if not see you in Leicester. :)
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

1964white wrote:Where in Northumbria Adam ?
Around Seahouses
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Shields53 wrote:Around Seahouses
We were in Seahouses from 16th to 25th Sept, had a lovely relaxing time
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Sunrise in Seahouses
Screenshot 2017-10-05 at 22.19.45.png
1964white

Post by 1964white »

View from our apartment window
Screenshot 2017-10-05 at 22.24.24.png
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

I thought the season was done and dusted and we finished mid-table, based on some of the commentary bandied about by supporters around the interwebz.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote:Dead as dodo on here :(
Reporting back for duty Sir :lol:

Had a lovely few days down in Cornwall and up at North Norfolk with a couple of days in the office in between.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Reporting back for duty Sir :lol:

Had a lovely few days down in Cornwall and up at North Norfolk with a couple of days in the office in between.
How dare you ignore us whilst on your Cornish exploits :wink:

Where did you stay in beautiful Cornwall mate ?
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote:How dare you ignore us whilst on your Cornish exploits :wink:

Friends live in Wadebridge, not far from Padstow, Rock and Polzeath - all lovely spots :tup:
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote:How dare you ignore us whilst on your Cornish exploits :wink:

p.s. Enjoyed a couple of the amazing Barnecutt's pasties too :pig:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Friends live in Wadebridge, not far from Padstow, Rock and Polzeath - all lovely spots :tup:
Yes we know Wadebridge. Last year we visited a lovely tearoom on the main circle of the centre of Padstow on our annual holiday week in St Ives

Their cakes below were delicious. Knew my photo would come in good use one day :lol:
Screenshot 2017-10-11 at 10.54.52.png
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote:p.s. Enjoyed a couple of the amazing Barnecutt's pasties too :pig:
Cornish pasties are delicious :tup:

I generally have a prawn sandwich everyday we are down there :-D
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote:Yes we know Wadebridge. Last year we visited a lovely tearoom on the main circle of the centre of Padstow on our annual holiday week in St Ives

Their cakes below were delicious. Knew my photo would come in good use one day :lol:

Screenshot 2017-10-11 at 10.54.52.png
Yep a diet of pasties, cream teas and Cornish ice cream - spoilt for choice!