Tonight's Qualifiers

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Tonight's Qualifiers

Post by 1964white »

Scotland drawing with Slovenia 1-1

Scots need a win
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Its so boring 64. I've just realised something....watching the rugby last night the teams played to go forward. This lot keep passing back, back and back. No idea in the final third. These are supposed to be the best players in England cor goodness sake. Make no wonder that rugby league is becoming my preferred sport to football....I'm switching over!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Shouldn't we be thumping Lithuania ?

They have won only one of their ten qualifying matches
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:Its so boring 64. I've just realised something....watching the rugby last night the teams played to go forward. This lot keep passing back, back and back. No idea in the final third. These are supposed to be the best players in England cor goodness sake. Make no wonder that rugby league is becoming my preferred sport to football....I'm switching over!
Always insisted that Rugby League is far more exciting than football. The Super League is full on for 80 minutes with no time-wasting, just honest sportsmen playing the game how it should be played Swan.

The idiot ITV commentator is raving about our record in the qualifiers over the last few years :shock: doesn't he realise we always seem to be drawn against the likes of Slovenia, Slovakia, Lithuania, San Marino. Malta & the rest of the worlds no-hopers

This lot can pre-book their tickets to return home after the first three matches in Russia :roll:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

This is painful to watch & I've only seen 25 minutes of the match
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:Always insisted that Rugby League is far more exciting than football. The Super League is full on for 80 minutes with no time-wasting, just honest sportsmen playing the game how it should be played Swan.

The idiot ITV commentator is raving about our record in the qualifiers over the last few years :shock: doesn't he realise we always seem to be drawn against the likes of Slovenia, Slovakia, Lithuania, San Marino. Malta & the rest of the worlds no-hopers

This lot can pre-book their tickets to return home after the first three matches in Russia :roll:
Agree with all that Leon. There are gonna have to be big changes in ideas, coaching, training or whatever if we expect to go any distance. I dont know what they've spent their time doing at England hq this past week...the lot of them look like they've all just met each other for the first time! :duno:
hector

Post by hector »

I am watching David Attenboroughs Micro Monsters......

much more exciting...!!

Before you ask, I don't have a TV this is downloaded and being watch on the PC....
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lithuania miss a glorious opportunity to equalise

Had it been the Germans, Spanish, Italians, etc.....GOALLLLLLL !!!!!!!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote:I am watching David Attenboroughs Micro Monsters......

much more exciting...!!

Before you ask, I don't have a TV this is downloaded and being watch on the PC....
Love it :lol: your signature Hector
1964white

Post by 1964white »

How come are average footballers Keane, Maguire, Henderson & Sturridge playing for England

Is this the best we can come up with ?

And who the hell are Winks & Cresswell ?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Wales v Republic Of Ireland

ROI had only 30% possession though have created the best chance of the first-half

Didn't realise the Irish were so direct, lots of hoof & long throw-ins Stoke City were renowned for

All very dull tbh
gessa

Post by gessa »

Wales 0-1 Ireland :-D
gessa

Post by gessa »

gessa wrote:Wales 0-1 Ireland :-D
Final score and through to the play offs.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Final score and through to the play offs.
The Irish defended well at the end, desperate at times

Notice their keeper caught every ball apart from the one when he was pushed in the back in the dying minutes
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Terrible throw from the Wales keeper, terrible touch from the defender.....but absulutely brilliant play down the touchline from the Irish lad, didnt give up on the ball.....superb cross, superb dummy, superb shot......GOAL....well played Ireland....
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Didn't know whether you;d be using this thread for Tuesdays games Leon but took a chance anyway.

Is anybody else hoping for a Swiss win or draw today? Portugal have done well in fairness but I can't stand some of their team, especially Pepe, the cheating twot. I'll be watching that game.

Anyway, for what it's worth, both Irelands through in some style - congrats to both teams and their supporters.
Shame about Scotland and Wales but they were outplayed in the end.

The least said about England's performance the better - it's been said anyway by Leon and others.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote:Didn't know whether you;d be using this thread for Tuesdays games Leon but took a chance anyway.

Is anybody else hoping for a Swiss win or draw today? Portugal have done well in fairness but I can't stand some of their team, especially Pepe, the cheating twot. I'll be watching that game.

Anyway, for what it's worth, both Irelands through in some style - congrats to both teams and their supporters.
Shame about Scotland and Wales but they were outplayed in the end.

The least said about England's performance the better - it's been said anyway by Leon and others.
The Swiss only require a draw to secure top spot. 9 wins out of 9 going into tonight's match